New Bounceback: Free Dining 2019

OLP, where are you staying? We fly down Tuesday from Rhode Island and will be checking in at POFQ for 3 nights then on the 10th we are moving to WL for 7 nights. The minute we get in our room we are booking FD BB for next year so we don't forget. We love Epcot and always wanted to try Beach Club, but I was pricing the rooms and for rack rate we'd only book if Standard or Garden View were available. We'd be booking for 10 days and FD would save our family of four $3,000!!!

Enjoy your trip and good luck booking FD BB!!!:jumping1:
We are staying next door to you at PORS! French Quarter is truly our favourite moderate resort, but we book the FD BB offer each year and it's been a long time since POFQ has been included (so we do the next best thing and book PORS). The trip to Disney Springs by boat and the gorgeous surroundings of the Port Orlean resorts make it a relaxing break from the parks.
We are at PORS on FD BB from August 7-17, then we go to BC CL (first time ever trying Club Level), no dining plan for this portion of trip. We are at BC from 17-20th. This is how we usually book our trips -longer time at a value or moderate with FD, followed up by a few nights at a deluxe (which almost always ends up being BC). When we go to BC, we only do Epcot (morning and evening, with afternoons at the pool). We are also a family of 4 and our kids are Disney adults, so FD is perfect for us. Hope you have a great trip and get the BB offer you're looking for!

Any idea of whether or not this is an indication of the dates for a Regular Bounceback for next December? I want to go next December but not exactly within those dates, I was hoping to book a regular bounceback when I go this December but could swing down for 1 day to book free dining if no one thinks that the first part of December won't be available for a regular bounceback.

Last September, I posted this on last year's Bounceback thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/2018-bounce-back-released-today.3625641/page-10#post-58149451

"I want to give some experience for those who are thinking of booking a "throwaway" room to book a BB offer.

I stayed at WDW for one night pre-cruise with the intention of booking next year's BB offer and enjoy the resort for an evening. We got there late afternoon, so I called x8844 right away (within an hour of checking in). At first, the CM couldn't see that I'd checked in. I had to wait for a while, she had to refresh pages, clickity-click on her keyboard, and confirm that I'd checked in and was actually there. Once she did this, I was able to go ahead and make the reservation.

I wanted to share my experience as I know most people don't book their BB so soon after checkin. I have to say that she definitely made sure I'd actually checked in before booking it. I hope this info helps someone who was considering booking a throwaway room for this purpose. I don't think it will work."

If you don’t go to the front desk to check in, how do they determine if you are checked in? Is it by using your magicband on your door?

Does anyone know if they have the standard rooms available for BB or would you be on pool view (Pop Century)

I clearly wrote "as I understand it", meaning based on the information you provided. You wrote you had to cancel less than 12 hours before departure, which inherently means that it was cancelled before you were supposed to stay. My question was about a reservation that was paid and not cancelled.
Also, I didn't even mention call volumes, so I certainly didn't imply that it was all about you.

And finally, whether you check in online the day before or months before is irrelevant. The key point of my question was that the room would be paid for. On a previous stay we were supposed to pick up MBs at Pop but due to MVMCP we went straight to the room with old bands and didn't go to the front desk until the next morning. Pop had already sent them back because they thought we were a no show. They did not know we had been inside the room.

Have you tried it? From WDW's pov it's a status quo because they get their money either way. As a bonus the room doesn't have to be cleaned. It's no different than getting hotel loyalty credit for a paid room for which you don't show up. It's also no different from off-site guests booking a one-night throwaway room or camp site to get free parking and 60-day FPs.

You're both assuming that it doesn't work but I'm wondering if anyone has ever actually tried.

Check out post #26 on this thread. Now this post is almost 2 years old, but booking a campsite might work.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/throwaway-room-offsite-to-onsite-stays-update

OK without going through 8 pages, is there a room only BB too? We are going next month and want to book a room only.

OK without going through 8 pages, is there a room only BB too? We are going next month and want to book a room only.
Currently there is a room discount BB available to be booked but I believe it ends Aug 15th.

Time will tell if another Room discount BB is offered once this one is done or if it won’t be offered until after Oct 31st. I don’t know historically when the room discount BB is normally offered but hopefully others here know more.

I don't think there will be one available next month. But it wouldn't hurt to call the BB number when you're there and ask.

Can the 4-day parkhopper tickets be Florida resident tickets? And could I then upgrade those tickets to APs while we're there?

No. They can't be discounted tickets. But you can upgrade the four day fd tickets to AP's.

Since four-day regular-priced parkhopper tickets actually cost more than the silver AP (assuming that stays around next year), how would upgrading to APs work?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter