New BOG Dinner Menu

Hi, does anyone know if the entree can be split between 2 adults. I just had weightloss surgery and won't be able to eat much when we go

If not I suppose I can always take a container to store my extras.

Last edited:
Looks interesting, but not $55 interesting
No idea where you got those prices. Lamb chops throughout WDW range from $26-$29. Filet mignon starts at $30. Dessert trio at The Wave... is $11. Charcuterie ranges from $14-$20.
$17*+$30*+$11=$58. Plus one beverage. Equals reasonable value. Dining plan includes the tax. Better value.

*average of the prices i found.

eta: I see now that JETSDAD determined the error.

Hi, does anyone know if the entree can be split between 2 adults. I just had weightloss surgery and won't be able to eat much when we go.

If not I suppose I can always take a container to store my extras.
Keeping to regular prix fixe policies I doubt the meal can be split without being charged for 2 adult meals. I'm sure they'll be happy to provide a container for extras; can't think of a table service restaurant I've eaten at Disney that doesn't have them:).

Last edited:
Keeping to regular prix fixe policies I doubt the meal can be split without being charged for 2 adult meals. I'm sure they'll be happy to provide a container for extras; can't think of a table service restaurant I've eaten at @ Disney that doesn't have them:).
Yep, this. Otherwise, you know parties of 8 adults would split 4 entrees just to see the Beast.

Today is July 24 and the new BOG menu is set to debut on July 27. Is anyone else surprised that they haven’t revealed the new menu yet? Do they expect people to eat there on Friday without having seen the menu?
Doubt we’ll return for dinner with these changes. Def sticking with lunch! Hope to see dinner reviews soon, though!

Thank you for the replies! We have been to Disney 7 times in the past 3 years but we travel cheap (take lunches and snacks) and we are Florida residents but not super close to Disney. We have done BOG for lunch every single trip (our splurge) but this is our first dinner experience. And while I'm hoping I'll be doing well on my new eating life style by then, I'm just not sure what to expect. But I'm totally excited for dinner at BOG and meeting the beast!

Does anyone know how strict Disney restaurants are about adults ordering from the children's menu? I am a strict vegetarian and not a huge eater. I would be more than happy to order the children's fruit/cheese plate for an app, a small mac & cheese for dinner and the slightly smaller dessert for $35.
I actually thing the $55 price tag for people who eat meat isn't bad, the price for the vegetarian options is ridiculous.
I've been trying to find out the child vs adult also. Dd will be 10, but know she would want the kids app and desert for the making your own Chip. Entree she would eat adult though.

I really enjoyed the review, and honestly wish I had made an ADR for my family. The entire meal looked lovely, with dessert the star. I usually do nto like Macarons, however that one looked delicious!

I've been trying to find out the child vs adult also. Dd will be 10, but know she would want the kids app and desert for the making your own Chip. Entree she would eat adult though.

Anyone 10 and over is charged adult pricing at buffets and prix fixe meals regardless of what they eat. They will let you order from whichever menu you want, because the price is based on age and not what you order.

We had dinner last night. I heard the servers explaining to tables about the switch to the new menu and pricing. Adults and Disney adults will be charged $55.

I had the escargot and thought it was good, I like the chefs de France version a little better though. My mom had the charred octopus and thought it was great. We had the same thing at tiffins the night before that was actually burnt. This version was better cooked. My husband got the lobster bisque soup and he really did not like it. He would rank coral reef the best, followed by chefs de France, then narcoossee, then be our guest.

We all had the lamb for the main. We thought it was excellent. It is spiced differently than the previous version. The meat was excellent quality, very tender, cooked medium rare.

The desserts were good. My husband says he misses the cupcakes. Dinner took 90mins from when we were seated to walking out the door after seeing the beast.

We thought the dinner was excellent. We paid out of pocket instead of using dining credits here. Bill for three adults with tax before tipping was $175.73 We requested to be seated at in the west wing and it was granted.

We had dinner last night. I heard the servers explaining to tables about the switch to the new menu and pricing. Adults and Disney adults will be charged $55.

I had the escargot and thought it was good, I like the chefs de France version a little better though. My mom had the charred octopus and thought it was great. We had the same thing at tiffins the night before that was actually burnt. This version was better cooked. My husband got the lobster bisque soup and he really did not like it. He would rank coral reef the best, followed by chefs de France, then narcoossee, then be our guest.

We all had the lamb for the main. We thought it was excellent. It is spiced differently than the previous version. The meat was excellent quality, very tender, cooked medium rare.

The desserts were good. My husband says he misses the cupcakes. Dinner took 90mins from when we were seated to walking out the door after seeing the beast.

We thought the dinner was excellent. We paid out of pocket instead of using dining credits here. Bill for three adults with tax before tipping was $175.73 We requested to be seated at in the west wing and it was granted.

Thank you for the review! Did it seem as though the fixed cost was going to be enforced?

Interesting thing about that video is the number of empty tables it showed. Did they not fill the restaurant or did people not show up?

Thank you for the review! Did it seem as though the fixed cost was going to be enforced?

Yes, the waitresses were telling everyone the new price structure before they ordered. Someone like “ it is $55 a person, is this ok?” I think if someone said they had no idea of the new pricing they would have let them leave without the no show penalty.

Interesting thing about that video is the number of empty tables it showed. Did they not fill the restaurant or did people not show up?

Well, we don't know how late their reservation was. It could've been near the end of the night where a restaurant would appear to be empty.

Then again they could've been holding back reservations for the first couple nights not to overload the kitchen on the new menu.

Why would it not be enforced? Am I missing something?

WHen BOG opened for breakfast it was a fixed price menu. From the second that door opened there was no enforcement. You want to share an entree between the three of you? Why sure, and here is an extra platter of pastry to be sure you all have enough to eat. I was. Not holding out any hope that this new menu was going to be stand alone. On it's own, I did nto care one way or another, however after a few breakfast visits the decline in quality was very noticeable. Our first visit included freshly baked miniature pastries that were delicious. After that one they were small pastry but like store bought. The last one, my last one BTW, the pastry plate had full size pastry from a box that were cut in half. If I am paying upwards of $26 for a breakfast meal, I want what I paid for, and I did nto appreciate that it seemd like I was fronting the folks who were sharing.

Yes, the waitresses were telling everyone the new price structure before they ordered. Someone like “ it is $55 a person, is this ok?” I think if someone said they had no idea of the new pricing they would have let them leave without the no show penalty.

Nice! Thank you!

Well, we don't know how late their reservation was. It could've been near the end of the night where a restaurant would appear to be empty.

Then again they could've been holding back reservations for the first couple nights not to overload the kitchen on the new menu.

BOG never fills all the tables at dinnertime. The restaurant is booked according to the kitchen staff, not the number of tables. That place is massive.

We ate at Be Our Guest on Friday night. The big change we noticed was how long dinner took. It was two hours from the time we were seated until we were walking out the door, which was too long for my 7 year-old. I hope this time will become shorter as the staff becomes accustomed to the new changes.

The food (which I photographed and can’t upload here from my phone or iPad; will try again from home when I am back) was a change. A good change for me, although my daughter was disappointed she could no longer order pomme frites with her dinner. The rolls that came out seemed the same as before, which was slightly disappointing. I was hoping for something better from the signature experience. The rest of the food was really good. We are vegetarian so our food choice might not be too exciting. I had the field greens appetizer, which was very large and quite good. My dinner was the tortellini. The presentation was beautiful. It was very good, although nothing that truly stood out as exceptional. My daughter had the fruit and cheese appetizer and macaroni and cheese for dinner. I dislike the new pricing to the menu because we are vegetarian. I did not feel what we ordered was worth the price. Possibly I would feel differently if we ate meat. The vegetarian dinner, however, was not worth the $55.

The dessert was cute. I didn’t care for the macaron, oddly. Usually I love them. My daughter’s was a standard macaron with the “jam” consistency layer between the two halves. Mine had an oddly flavored (herbal or maybe mint, kind of? I can’t quite describe it) center with three real raspberries. My daughter didn’t want hers so I ate it instead of mine. The children’s dessert was very cute. It was a plate with a chocolate truffle, a macaron, a white chocolate Chip and some “paint” in the colors of the French flag for my daughter to paint chip! It even came with a (nonedible) paintbrush! She loved it. I had mentioned in one post the dessert carts. For some reason (my server wasn’t sure why), one was brought to the table next to mine with dessert for the family sitting there. Ordinarily dessert is brought out by the servers. This is how I observed dessert for everyone else, including my table.

Overall, it was very nice not be rushed through dinner at Be Our Guest. In the past, our entrees would arrive after we had hardly touched the appetizers. I always felt like we were being hurried through dinner just so they could keep up a high turnover and seat more. This experience was completely different. We did not feel rushed at all. In fact, as I mentioned in the beginning, dinner felt like it took too long. Two hours was too long my daughter and felt long for me as well. Our reservation was at 5:00. We had almost no wait to be seated. We were finished and walking out the door (waited in a very short line to meet the Beast) at 7:00. The menu is a nice change. I enjoyed my dinner there but, especially as a vegetarian, did not feel it was worth the $55 price tag.

Will try to upload more photos at a later time. I can get these ones of dessert for now. Apologies for the bite out of the macaron- my daughter was eager to try dessert!

Attachments

• 3C0D735F-642C-4558-9DF2-BFC211493160.jpeg
    3C0D735F-642C-4558-9DF2-BFC211493160.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 3BA2FCAE-A967-44D4-8866-1B592E6D35AF.jpeg
    3BA2FCAE-A967-44D4-8866-1B592E6D35AF.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 64

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter