New Attraction for 2003!!

My kids were real excited when they heard about the rumored Shrek attraction. I'm all for 4D effects but
Visitors will hear, see and smell characters from the Oscar-winning feature film
I'm not sure there is anything from the film I really want to SMELL (LOL). Let's hope the sequel builds on the franshise and doesn't drop off like so many do.

When Gault talked about how some attractions can be updated to be more relevant and used BTTF as an example we now know it was a diversion for the HB overhaul. I love new experiences, and have no problem with change per say, but will miss Yogi and the gang. Too bad one of the new attractions couldn't have been an adder instead of a replacement.

Screamscape is talking about a possible redo of the Earthquake pre-show. Please let this be true, this is desperately needed.

Also, nice to hear Diller is a themepark devotee.
"I like roller coasters," he said. "I've been going to Magic Mountain [in California] since they built it when I was a kid. I went to the Universal park in Orlando before it opened just because I wanted to see the rides. I rode Spider-Man so many times it's embarrassing."
Can't hurt having another in the fold.

Does anyone know if the Sentinel article is available on the web? I would really like to read it.

Oh, no, will they lay off the Projectionist? :)

It's good that they are. The ride is cool. The pre-show gets tiring after multiple viewings.

I agree. its great to have a coaster lover!!!!
But im very disappointed over the loss of the Hitchcock attraction. I never missed it when at the park. I liked it because it was a good adult attraction and something you wouldnt see at wdw. It was bad when they took out the bathroom part but i always loved the 3d film. Its sad that they couldnt put the shrek thing somewhere else and keep the Hitchcock attraction!!

I think Hitchcock is closing because not too many people go to it anymore. When was the last time you've seen the entire queue filled or seen an hour wait for it? I haven't. It's too bad the show is closing, but I hope something stays at least, like a walk-through attraction similar to the interactive area.

Well the estimated time of Shrek 4D opening is the middle of May.

It's kind of sad that USH is taking away the Rugrats show to put Shrek there, as USH doesn't have that much for small children to enjoy, and many children enjoy the Rugrats show. Shrek from what I have seen in the concept plans, will be a very good attraction that many people will enjoy. The creative department has put a lot of effort so that everyone can enjoy the new attraction.

why are you spoiling the fun earl who cares if somebody talk s about something before the PR is out it s so stupid of you to think it something like a state secrete well earl i can tell you it s not you take yourself a little bit to important and i really miss the times at this port where you were absent for a while god knows you shouldn t have come back you are just the kind of person who likes to draw attention to himself by making everybody believe that you know all the hidden secrets which everybody is longing to unveal put it s in your power to do so or not well earl are you not getting enough attention in your life so you have to make yourself happy with this little power games i guess so... i think you don't know much less than you pretend to know...

why are you spoiling the fun earl who cares if somebody talk s about something before the PR is out it s so stupid of you to think it s something like a state secrete well earl i can tell you it s not you take yourself a little bit to important and i really miss the times at this board when you were absent for a while god knows you shouldn t have come back you are just the kind of person who likes to draw attention to himself by making everybody believe that you know all the hidden secrets which everybody is longing to unveal put it s in your power to do so or not well earl are you not getting enough attention in your life so you have to make yourself happy with this little power games i guess so... i think you know much less than you pretend to know...:mad:

Earl, please dont listen to oelpa, i look forward to your posts!!!!!!!

patty

Earl, we appreciate all the info, and in this day, it's refreshing to see someone that honors the contracts they sign. My kids love IOA and USF, and look forward to your posts.

oelpa, how about you do us all a favor and forget all about the DIS, and especially the USF/IOA boards. :)

Not to be mean, but Oelpa, you need to chill out and it wouldn't hurt to proofread your posts before you actually post them. That was the most incomprehensible post I have ever seen in my life. I don't care if it is not grammaticaly correct, but when it has reached the point of just being a one sentence/jammbled paragraph, don't even post. Simple as that, because you are not getting your point across, you are just presenting yourself in a way that is not taken seriously whatsoever. And I don't believe I am the only one who thinks this either.:D

Oelpa,

I suppose there are a lot of things that I could say, but I can only hope that if you are indeed in Austria that something is getting lost in the translation. I noticed in your profile that you are a student. I don't know a what level you are in your education, but I can only assume that you will continue to learn more about the business world as you progress. My comments are not meant to spoil anyone's fun, but to remind an employee of the company that they have certain responsibilities as an employee. There's a lot of ways that an employee can have some fun and give hints about things, without giving out priviledged information or violating their employment agreement.

This business is unique. It's not like you work for a retail store or restaurant and you let out that you going to build a new store down the street. The theme park business is very much like the film and music business. Much of this deals with creative content. What if you were a recording artist and the day before you released new single, someone else released one with the same name. Even at Universal, there are two venues that the name changed on before they opened.

Perhaps someday you will be in a position that you better understand this type of situation. I certainly would like to tell everyone that asks everything I know, but that can never happen. Even if I left Universal tomorrow, I would never devulge the information.

I wish you well in your education. Keep an open mind to be more understanding of the different situations that you will come upon.

:)

could you elaborate on the attractions that had name changes earl? what were they before?

Very well written, Earl. I, too, am involved in a business that can be greatly affected by proprietary information being released to competitors too early. This actually happened several years ago to my present company and it took years of litigation to punish the other parties for obtaining this information illegally. However, it is almost impossible to pursue any type of retribution if one of your own employees gives this information away, whether they do it innocently or not.
Keep up the good work, Earl. The veteran contributors of the DIS boards appreciate it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter