New Attraction for 2003!!

wannacorona

Earning My Ears
Well I wanted to let everyone know that Universal Florida and Hollywood will have a new attraction in 2003. The new attraction that both parks will be adding is Shrek 4D. The new attraction will be open in the summer of 2003. USH is will also be adding another new attraction by 2005, which is getting final approval.

wannacorona, prepare for a interogation. we wanna know, who, what, where, when, how and why ;)

seriously though, where is this info coming from?

Well all I can tell you is that I'm a employee for USH to keep my confidentially. The new attraction at USH will be where the Rugrats show is at right now. For USF, it's still unknow. The attraction is about the same concept like "It's tough to be a bug", which will link to the release of Shrek 2. We will be getting the contruction signs this week to put up around the building stating to come back in summer 2003 for the new attraction. As for the new attraction USH will be getting in 2005, all I can say it's a very cool attraction based on a future film release.

You should clearly understand that is is not appropriate for any employee to disclose any information that has not been publicly released. This comprimises the company's business operations. I suggest that you reflect on your behavior.

So, I guess it is true... that really was a mistake. At least you didn't reveal the other USH attraction, eh?

O, and Earl, you could of just denied it... you know we would've believed you over this character.;)

Originally posted by Earl
You should clearly understand that is is not appropriate for any employee to disclose any information that has not been publicly released. This comprimises the company's business operations. I suggest that you reflect on your behavior.

Earl, I feel that I'm not comprimising my company's business in any way. Now the PR will be released by the end of the month or by the middle of next month and the wall with the signs will be going up in the next couple of weeks which eventually will let people know the name of the attraction. Also there will be a large employee meeting in two weeks where the attraction will be announced to the employees. I have hold out on disclosing the information on the other attraction as that could comprimise my company's business. I just wanted to give an small insight and I feel that I have not done anything wrong.

It's true that info shouldn't have gotten out before the attraction was announced. However, I'm sure if it is this close to being announced Disney and all the other nearby competitors probably already know what it is.

The appropriate time is when the PR is released. You don't know what the PR is going to say. And what they say is for them to say, not anyone else. You spoke for Holllywood and Florida. Rest assured that what will or will not happen in Florida is not being discussed openly in Hollywood.

I would suggest that if you feel there is not any issue with what you posted, discuss it with your supervisor or manager. Talk as if it were someone else.

Anybody in theme park business knows that they shouldn't say anything before it is released by the PR department. I really don't know if this is even true. I really think this is another rumor that will be floating around the boards now. We will believe it when it is published by USH or USF on an official press release or our official insider tells us.

I hope that this is true. I love Shrek and an attraction such as this is bound is to be great.

Sharbear

Isn't this old news? I've heard this rumour before and really, I will believe it when I hear it directly from Universal, not from someone on a message board who could be anybody. Actually, if it was Earl then maybe I'd believe it but I know we'd hear it in a PR before that.

themeparkinsider.com has a new section where you can rate the rumors that are floating around about the parks. Shrek rumors are among them, as well as many I've heard and a few I hadn't. Pretty interesting reading. :)

WannaCorona-

I Find it interesting that you want to share this info.Have you not seen rumours change in any company? And since you are at USH, which has need for many new attractions, has it not occured to you that we do not have the same attractions here?

Earl is correct. Please do not mention something is fact when it is not. To me, it is fact when the paint is going on. Or construction walls.

If you want to talk about it, why not say it's rumoured.

Thank You.

this guy is just passing along information that he knows... we dont need to interrogate him about it , if it happens it happens and sure looks like it will - also why are we being so offensive towards this guy ( Earl )

Well I wanted to respond to some of the responses that I have been getting on this message board. First, I posted this message thinking people would be interested in what Universal has planned for the next year. I feel that it's up to the individual to decide if they want to belive what I say or not. Also, I feel people can take it as a rumor or as however they want.

I know that things can always change and nothing is always permanant in the theme park world. I know USH has been lacking in getting new attractions and feel that USH will now start to improve in that department. I could tell everyone how the attraction will look from the outside and inside, but I feel that can ruined the experience for people who don't want to know that much about the attraction. Also I could tell you other aspect of the attraction but that is more sensitive information.

As for USF, I don't know that much of their operations, but if I know something I really don't care that much about it, but I thougt it was neat that USF was getting the same attraction as USH and that's why I mentioned USF. If I made a mistake in mentioning USF, then I apologize, but I have felt as being under attack in this message board community. I just wanted to pass the information along as ContempoSMT stated.

No mean to attack Wanna, just know, I have heard that things have changed again where that is concerned.

When you mention these things here, they do tend to be believed as Gospel, and when people find out, they get upset. That's why I said something.

It's more fun to hint.

As for where you are-What will it take to get some of the same great places at USH's citywalk here in USF? USJ has some great places...

sigh.

Well Wannacorona, I guess you are right, the shrek attraction was mentioned in today's Orlando Sentinel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter