NEW 350 unit Disneyland DVC resort filed!

As someone who works in large scale development which often requires zoning relief, I'd be shocked if they haven't discussed this with them in detail beforehand. It's not something you'd just drop in an application for and hope for the best. I'm sure a fair amount of lobbying has already taken place.

I've seen the same, but where the zoning relief request fails once things go public. Anaheim don't care a lot about the employment numbers being thrown around, since employment is high locally (and places for employees to live is wildly unavailable).

I think this will not only impact VGC resale price, but it could impact WDW resale prices. I think the pull to hold out for this resort will be strong among those trying or thinking about buying VGC. It could, also, attract many current WDW owners looking to add-on.

This will be a resort where resale restrictions won't impact the resale price.

How would this affect WDW resale prices? It *for sure* won’t be bookable except with direct points and pre 1/19/19 resale points, so if anything this will help sell RIV and REF right?

How would this affect WDW resale prices? It *for sure* won’t be bookable except with direct points and pre 1/19/19 resale points, so if anything this will help sell RIV and REF right?
I would think it has a chance to attract buyers who otherwise thought their only chance to buy in at the parks was at a Disney World Resort. Anytime you increase the supply of something it exerts downward pressure on the price.

I would think it has a chance to attract buyers who otherwise thought their only chance to buy in at the parks was at a Disney World Resort. Anytime you increase the supply of something it exerts downward pressure on the price.

It should bring down Grand Californian Villas price on the resale market because there will be another option in town.

I was going to start a thread but you all are on top of this :) Can't happen soon enough imo!

I hope it’s happens, mainly because VGC might be easier to book. Closer to the parks.

After reading the article, I took a peak at google maps to see where it would go. That location, where the great fake lawn is now, makes sense, but how do they make the west facing rooms attractive? The area of Anaheim just west of the Disneyland resort is straight up ghetto!

Woot!! Shut up and take my money! :rotfl: But seriously, I think we'd opt for more VGC points, hoping they come down in price as a result. We love the location, views, and style of VGC. But if the points per room needed was more reasonable than VGC, we might consider it.

We are Poly owners living 30 minutes from Disneyland and often are at the parks weekly and I have been waiting sooooo long for this. Yesterday my Tesla truck, and today this... it’s like all my prayers have been answered in 2 days! They already have my money, I’m buying in one way or another, here or VGC, but at least now I have options. We go to the World every 2 years and the year in between like to do a couple days at VGC but it’s so hard to get. We have 2 nights in a 1 bedroom booked for June this year at VGC but wanted a studio, however that’s just impossible at 7 months. Staycations are underrated imo, especially for a family of 5 (can you say no paying for plane tickets or long flights). However I am sad about the location, with no direct access and no monorail like the plans for the Downtown Disney hotel they scrapped. Everybody loves BLT and VGC’s location is even better, with a direct entrance into DCA that can’t be beat by any Disney property. I think this will help keep the resale prices up, plus you will still have access to the L14 resorts unlike this new property. Seriously the feeling of walking right out of the park directly into your hotel is vastly underrated.

Last edited:
After reading the article, I took a peak at google maps to see where it would go. That location, where the great fake lawn is now, makes sense, but how do they make the west facing rooms attractive? The area of Anaheim just west of the Disneyland resort is straight up ghetto!
Interior cabins in DCL ships have digital "portholes" that streams ocean view to make it less claustrophobic. They should place massive 4k LCD monitors stylized to look like windows and stream high def park views!

The price per point will be crazy.
The point charts will be crazy (I bet higher than VGF).
And people will happily buy and book there anyway. While on average my stays at WDW are 11-12 nights (plus 2-3 onsite at Universal) at DLR I don't stay more than 3 or 4 nights and then go somewhere else in California. So high price and point chart will not matter much, as people can buy points for shorter stays and still be happy.
This will be a gold mine for DVC if it's approved.

Plant trees?

They know they'll have folks chomping at the bit to buy and it will sell out quick. And they are all about making $$$$. So there is NO way they will sell this less than $260. I think more like $285.

I think a lot of the headlines are misleading. They still do need sign off from Anaheim. And we all know the 5-star resort they proposed under the last tax credit ended up off the table because they and Anaheim couldn't agree, and that was at least 100% appropriate use in the current Disneyland Resort Plan.

As someone who works in large scale development which often requires zoning relief, I'd be shocked if they haven't discussed this with them in detail beforehand. It's not something you'd just drop in an application for and hope for the best. I'm sure a fair amount of lobbying has already taken place.
I wouldn’t. We’re talking about Disneyland. The hilariously expensive debacle that was Hotel #4 shows their level of competence dealing with the current political make up of the city of Anaheim. And for how good they are at navigating the waters of the public of Anaheim- Eastern Gateway debacle. Quite expensive and didn’t leave local businesses with the warm and fuzzies.

Overall, this is WONDERFUL news. Absolutely great. And, frankly, I am shocked that it is even possible, because I, too, heard that Anaheim was limiting Disney to 150 total Timeshare Units. Clearly, that is not the case with this building, AND, from the article, it seems to also have the support of the City leaders.

The location is rather poor. It appears to be in back, southwest corner of the current Disneyland Hotel property, and IT IS EVEN FARTHER AWAY FROM DOWNTOWN DISNEY THAN PARADISE PIER. And, I told myself I would 'probably' never stay in Paradise Pier again, since it was so far away from DT Disney.

It should bring down Grand Californian Villas price on the resale market because there will be another
option in town.

I guess we will see. I would hope that having another DVC property nearby might cause the price of Grand Californian points on the Resale Market to drop, so I could buy some. But, truthfully, that probably isn't going to happen? Why? Because Grand Californian is a premium building in an amazing location AND, the per point cost to stay in this new building is likely to be even higher than Grand Californian! This will make every point in the new DVC property worth LESS than the Grand Californian, but they will probably sell at about the same price.

Maybe I should just break down and start looking for some Grand Californian points to buy.

I, too, heard that Anaheim was limiting Disney to 150 total Timeshare Units. Clearly, that is not the case with this building, AND, from the article, it seems to also have the support of the City leaders

The hard limit is in city code. There will need to be a full council vote of approval. Different articles suggest different odds. Disney have badly misread Anaheim political winds before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!