NEW 350 unit Disneyland DVC resort filed!

One would think if distance were a problem, Disney has a recent relationship with a transportation company.
Skyliner west funded by dvc expansion.

One would think if distance were a problem, Disney has a recent relationship with a transportation company.
Skyliner west funded by dvc expansion.

Skyliner would be much harder to build in Anaheim because of the air rights and land rights required, as well as the permitting from City of Anaheim. This was a lot easier in Orlando, because Disney already had all of the land rights and air rights required, and didn't need the kinds of permits Anaheim will require.

Skyliner would be much harder to build in Anaheim because of the air rights and land rights required, as well as the permitting from City of Anaheim. This was a lot easier in Orlando, because Disney already had all of the land rights and air rights required, and didn't need the kinds of permits Anaheim will require.
They don't have permission to build the hotel yet either......

I certainly understand that Anaheim is a pain in the rear to deal with permitting wise. Florida, they control more of the process. However, if the hotel is approved, the property needed to run a line is under development for the same purpose, and the transportation would in theory alleviate other traffic burdens. If the hotel passes muster with the city, transportation should be less of a hurdle. Blue sky idea at best, I know.

They don't have permission to build the hotel yet either......

I certainly understand that Anaheim is a pain in the rear to deal with permitting wise. Florida, they control more of the process. However, if the hotel is approved, the property needed to run a line is under development for the same purpose, and the transportation would in theory alleviate other traffic burdens. If the hotel passes muster with the city, transportation should be less of a hurdle. Blue sky idea at best, I know.
Zoning code has some fun-times height restrictions. They'd also need to be approved for the post supports, and that gets into issues of where other infrastructure is. The area is far more dense than some of where Disney was working in WDW.

Interesting points. Seeing how environmentaly concerned California and Anaheim are, would not a Skyliner be the best fit. No air-conditioning, minimal amount of energy use with max power of people movement. How many buses/cars would not be used saving the CO2 emissions? I do not know, just seems a good fit.

Interesting points. Seeing how environmentaly concerned California and Anaheim are, would not a Skyliner be the best fit. No air-conditioning, minimal amount of energy use with max power of people movement. How many buses/cars would not be used saving the CO2 emissions? I do not know, just seems a good fit.

It wouldn't be replacing anything but walking feet.

Interesting discussion.

I think it would be really cool if it actually got built. I'd probably be interested if the price per point ended up being comparable to Disney World DVCs, but I don't think that's going to happen.

BCV is considered in walking distance to DHS, isn't the DLH nearer to DL than that? Sure nothing can beat the GC entrance to California Adventure, but we're talking about a nice stroll through Downtown Disney.

FYI, is about 0.25 miles from the hotel site to Downtown disney by foot, and 0.58 miles to the main park gates.
It's about 0.35 miles from the boardwalk main lawn to the International gateway. 0.47 miles from Bay lake tower to magic kingdom gate.
Of course these Florida resorts have non walking transportation methods available as well.
It's not that far. Unsure if you can shortcut into DCA by going through the grand californian or not.
I'll concede it's not worth the effort for a skyliner in that situation. I had incorrectly assumed the distance was closer to a mile.

Unsure if you can shortcut into DCA by going through the grand californian or not.
Currently in the AM (as of September) the entrance into DCA from the GCH is considered a resort perk this it is exclusive to GCH guests in the morning and check room keys. Also you would have to go through security twice to do it as they will not let you in the gate near the portico unless you are a GCH guest or have a dining reservation. Therefore, you would go through security by DLH then enter GCH near World of Disney then walk through to DCA (though this option only works post morning hours). The best option will always be to walk up to the main gates, since you can’t get in the gate by the vehicle entrance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter