NEW 350 unit Disneyland DVC resort filed!

aoconnor

WDW Nut
Well, despite repeated claims that no more DVC units would ever be built at Disneyland due to restrictions with the Anaheim city government, Disney has filed plans for a 12-story, 350 room DVC tower at the Disneyland Hotel.

It sounds like the new tower will blend in with the design of the existing towers. Not exactly awe-inspiring architecture... but I get it.

I'm surprised at the scale-- The Grand Californian only has what, 71 rooms? Looks like the DVC inventory at Disneyland is going up nearly six-fold!

What do we think the starting sale price will be? I guess $235 per point.

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/11/...-story-disney-vacation-club-time-share-tower/

Last edited:
Interesting - also this was toward the end....did they mean Riviera Resort IN florida? Because this makes it seem like there's a DVC resort coming to the French Riviera:
"New DVC resorts are planned for the European Riviera in December"

Well, despite repeated claims that no more DVC units would ever be built at Disneyland due to restrictions with the Anaheim city government, Disney has filed plans for a 12-story, 350 room DVC tower at the Disneyland Hotel.

It sounds like the new tower will blend in with the design of the existing towers. Not exactly awe-inspiring architecture... but I get it.

I'm surprised at the scale-- The Grand Californian only has what, 71 rooms? Looks like the DVC inventory at Disneyland is going up nearly six-fold!

What do we think the starting sale price will be? I guess $235 per point.

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/11/...-story-disney-vacation-club-time-share-tower/
By the time this is actually permitted and sales begin, I think $235 would be on the low side.
I'll be curious to see if they incorporate the Riviera style "tower studio" room type in the design.

What do you guys think, $300 a point? Grand Californian is $260 now and they won’t start selling this for a while if it goes through.

And here I thought we were done adding on...

What do you guys think, $300 a point? Grand Californian is $260 now and they won’t start selling this for a while if it goes through.

Definitely think it will be way lower than that especially with incentives. VGC is only that much because it's the sold out price. With incentives RIV could be bought in the 160s, so I imagine this will also fall below 200 with incentives by the time it starts selling.

The Grand Californian resale market is so small though- there are only 71 units so the supply far outstrips demand. Once the DVC inventory in CA goes up sixfold with this new resort I think the price will come down.

It's hard to know what they mean by 350 rooms (i.e. lockoffs) but they say Riviera is 300 rooms. That resort has 6.7 million points so this may have even more. I think selling 7+ million points at $260 each is much different than the occasional Grand Cal resale/ direct sale.

Don't get too excited just yet. This is a conceptual development review, the first of many hurdles a project like this will have to pass. The article mentions a 2022 opening which I would guess to be optimistic honestly.

Yeah, I'll be in line to give them my money probably, but I'm not going to get excited until the city signs off on everything and ground is broken.

This would probably get me to consider buying Direct again or ignoring the resale restrictions to buy it resale regardless of price.

Do we have an over/under on how fast this thing sells out yet? I give it 12 months tops...

Do we have an over/under on how fast this thing sells out yet? I give it 12 months tops...

Probably. If the economy stays solid, I could see them having to do a presale lottery with existing members.

I'm 100% fine staying across the street on Harbor, but if the early buy in deal, and point chart is reasonable, I would buy into this.

I think this will not only impact VGC resale price, but it could impact WDW resale prices. I think the pull to hold out for this resort will be strong among those trying or thinking about buying VGC. It could, also, attract many current WDW owners looking to add-on.

This will be a resort where resale restrictions won't impact the resale price.

350 units is 7+ million points based on a Riviera-level point chart. It depends on how aggressively they price it, but even still that's a lot of points to sell. Riviera has sold 10% of its points in 7 months. Disneyland Hotel would have to sell 5x faster-- could happen!

6 months tops :)

I think this will not only impact VGC resale price, but it could impact WDW resale prices. I think the pull to hold out for this resort will be strong among those trying or thinking about buying VGC. It could, also, attract many current WDW owners looking to add-on.

This will be a resort where resale restrictions won't impact the resale price.

In regards to buying resale there these are my thoughts as well. If I buy resale there Im only buying to stay there anyway.

Better question is... HOW MUCH will points be for this property when it goes on sale? $200pp? $225pp?

Won't happen.

Anaheim city code still only allows Disney to add up to 79 units. So they have to have city zoning code changed for this. I'm not sure Anaheim care.

As someone who works in large scale development which often requires zoning relief, I'd be shocked if they haven't discussed this with them in detail beforehand. It's not something you'd just drop in an application for and hope for the best. I'm sure a fair amount of lobbying has already taken place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter