NEVER thought I would be one to become attached to our table servers but...

How and when do you request a certain server? My family and I have one we want to request for our Alaska cruise.

It helps if you know their last name and/or from what country they hail from. All you do is call DCL and request them or if you booked with a TA, contact them and they will contact DCL and make the request.

MJ

Before I took my cruise I read this thread and thought "What's the big deal? Why would be love your server this much?" Then I took a cruise and I understood why people get attached to their servers. What a pleasant surprise! Our servers on the Magic took such good care of us. Everyone in the family misses them. Sometimes at dinner one of my kids will comment "I wish Solomon and Savio were here with us."

Awww, we had Savio for our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic in 2007.

Then we had Rafael w/assistant Daniel. They were so phenomenal, especially Daniel. On our next cruise, he had been promoted to server & though we requested him, we didn't get him. :sad1:

He later moved to the Dream & we requested him twice there & got him both times. The 2nd time on the Dream was a b2b so we had more time & he showed my kids how to perform the magic tricks they loved so much.
On the b2b Daniel was paired with assistant Michal who was so sweet. Dh started calling him Mike. He had never heard of it as a nickname but he loved it saying that sounds like a strong name like Mike Tyson. :lmao:
By the end of the week, he showed us his new name tag with Mike on it. :goodvibes

We haven't been back on the Dream since last Apr but by then Daniel was no longer working for DCL. Dh keeps in touch with him on FB.
What a great guy; we miss him. :sad:

Is this the Savio you had?
B0003426.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter