Need Ideas - Making A College Party CD

Jeff in BigD

Oldschool DISer
I'm having a party in a few weeks & want to make a CD. The trouble is the people coming don't really have the same taste in music that I do.

I'm more into The Clash, Social Distortion, Ramones, etc... But I'm trying to figure out what would make a good CD for a party since most of the people like hip-hop & party music.

So far the songs I've got are:
Snoop - Drop it like it's Hott
50 Cent - In Da Club
Gwen Stefani - What You Waiting For
Eminem - Just Lose it

It pains me to actually type this, but...

"Yeah" - Usher, Lil' John (I think), and someone else??

Along the lines of the songs mentioned so far is "Let's Go," by Trick Daddy and Lil Jon.

Hmm let's see:

"1,2 Step" by Ciara
"Pump it Up" by I have no idea, but is a great dance song
"Lean Back' Terror Squad

I'll think about some more and get back.

Oooh this is right up my alley!

Let's seeeee...
How We Do - Game f/50
Tempted to Touch - Rupee
Bring Em Out - TI
Hold You Down - Alchemist
Got It Twisted - Mobb Deep
Lose My Breath - Destiny's Child
Disco Inferno - 50
U Make Me Wanna - Jadakiss
It's Like That Yall - Mariah Carey

I'll think of some more haha

I second "Yeah" and "Lets Go"...both are awesome!

Get Low ~ Lil Jon, etc.
Reach Up For The Sunrise ~ Duran Duran
1985 ~ Bowling for Soup
Ain't No Mountain High Enough ~ Marvin Gaye
Dirrty ~ Christina Aguilera
Believe ~ Cher
Hey Mama ~ Blackeyed Peas
Lets Get It Started ~ Blackeyed Peas
Hey Ya! ~ Outkast
I'm Too Sexy (lol :) ) ~ Right Said Fred
It's My Life ~ No Doubt
LaLa ~ Ashlee Simpson (I know what you're thinking :rolleyes: ....but it's an ok song)
Thriller ~ Michael Jackson

O.A.R has a lot of good songs too! Crazy Game of Poker and Night Shift are 2 of my faves.

natty41 said:
LaLa ~ Ashlee Simpson (I know what you're thinking :rolleyes: ....but it's an ok song)

Come on, you know better. She is the Milli Vanilli of the 00's. Can't take a bit of responsibility for how bad she sucks. Blaming her band for SNL, then acid reflux. Now she's come up with pathetic excuses for her screaching performance at the Orange Bowl, saying they were booing the entire show, that all of the performers sucked, and that they were booing her because she was rooting for USC. I have never heard someone who has had such a problem getting it, you suck Ashlee! Give it up!

Oh yeah, add to that, she is the fakest musician out there today. A few years ago she was as preppy as her sister as a VJ on MTV or on 7th Heaven. Now she claims she's a punk. :rolleyes: She had an anarchy symbol on the stage, she colored her hair black, and she screams. She is the fakest person in the music industry.

Makes me sick to be honest with you.

LaLa... isn't that the song she sang when she got booed at the Orange Bowl?

I think The Clash and the Ramones make great party music. Maybe you should take this opportunity to enlighten your friends.

Wick said:
i wont even front, i downloaded the whole ashlee simpson album and that sht isnt so bad.. so she had some bad days performing live.. big deal.. the cd itself has a lotta catchy songs from a marketing standpoint.. all the tracks could be top 10 singles

I'm not denying that her songs are catchy and can be successful. I'm saying that she's fake as hell and has no talent.

So you are looking for some hip hop party songs?

"Bring em Out" by TI
"Toma" by Pitbull
"Get Low" by Lil Jon and the Eastside Boyz
"Good Foot" by Justine Timberlake & Timberland
"NA Na Na" by Nelly
"In The Club" by Lil Jon feat. R. Kelly & Ludacris
"Fire" by Joe Budden
"Salt Shaker" by Ying Yang Twins
"Shake That Monkey" by Too Short
"Freak-a-Leak" by Petey Pablo
"Breath Stretch Shake" by Mase
"The Workout Plan" by Kanye West

there are a few for ya.. some new some old

i just downloaded Game's album 'The Documentary' and i gotta say its full of good songs to bump at a party.. best tracks to get are Westside Story, Put You On The Game, and Hate It Or Love It ft 50

Click the link above at your own risk. This poster has 10 one word posts and this 11th post with a link in it - typical spammer behavior.

I do appreciate your taste in music (RAMONES!!!)
But on a different note, you could play some

3OH!3 (any of their songs really)
Ke$ha
Hit The Lights
Family Force Five's "Dance Or Die With Vegeance" album
Cobra Starship
Katy Perry's "Waking Up In Vegas"

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter