Need ideas for proposal

Make sure you take along trip journal so that you can write down all the info about your cruise. Both of you write in it. We took our honeymoon at WDW almost six years ago and I am so glad that I wrote everything down! I found it the other day and it made me so happy! You will be so glad that you did it! You can either buy one in one of the gift shops the first day and continue to use it for every Disney trip you take afterwards. It is nice to read how life changes (i.e- you honeymoon cruise or WDW trip and the first time you take your children!). We are taking our son who will be 5 this summer to WDW (after a DCL) and I can't wait to write in my journal about it!

Aren't you back yet-- I've been on pins and needles here waiting for your report--- HELLLLLOOOOO- Don't leave us hanging

Originally posted by CheapMom
Aren't you back yet-- I've been on pins and needles here waiting for your report--- HELLLLLOOOOO- Don't leave us hanging

Great - I thought I missed the report.... we want to here what happened

How wonderful! This idea comes from Perfect Proposal, t.v. show.
Ask a couple at your table or head waiter & waitress pretend he wants to you both to help him pull off a surprise proposal to his girlfriend. So if you do it at Palo's and she thinks someone else is getting engaged she will be sooo surprised. They had a dessert with the names of the "pretend" couple and showed it to the girlfriend before hand then switched it to their names after she left. So when the dessert was presented she had no idea her name would be on the dessert. Hope this is not too confusing. But it was such a surprise to her and made me cry. Best Wishes to you both!:bride: :groom: :lovestruc

Oh, I hope it went well. This was a great thread to read.

bumping up! come on we want to hear the details!

Things have been so exciting lately that it's hard to keep track of it all!

The entire trip went beautifully, even though not everything went exactly as I had planned. I got the ring through security just fine, and I hid it in my coat until we got on the ship. My Darling Fiance wondered why I was so cold all the time. ;)

As soon as we got on board, we ate lunch at Parrot Key. At the end of the meal, DF got up to use the restroom. I figured I was running out of time to ask her parent's permission, so I quickly told them what was up. They both said they were happy for us. Then, her mom started crying just as DF was coming back to see us. Thinking on her feet, DF's mom told DF she was crying because she was thinking about how much her mother (who passed a few years ago) would have enjoyed this trip. DF just thought her mother was being silly, as DF's granmother never liked to travel!

So, E-day was set for Formal Night on Monday. This was nearly perfect because I had rented a tux and DF was to be wearing white prom dress that she "always dreamed she would get married in someday." I say almost perfect because I had planned to propose on deck at sunset. However, while the sun was shining Monday, it was extremely windy, so I knew that plans would have to be changed.

I had made arrangements with Guest Services to have champange and a photographer on deck, so I was on my way to make changes when I ran into Quentin and Ang from Cruise Staff. I begged the for help, and Quentin got on the phone to Scott, the assistant cruise director. Scott moved the whole shindig inside and took care of everything. He suggested Diversions as the quietest spot on the ship at the time, and he send the champange and photographer there. He even talk to Andy, the ship's Technical Director, and had him create a message to put on all the screens in the bar asking her to marry me.

That night, after we had taken a few pictures, I handed DF's camera to her dad and asked her to come with me. I was a bit nervous and, in my haste to get to Diversions, I almost killed her on a newly polished floor. When we got to Diversions, we were a few minutes early, so Andy wasn't ready with the message. I had her sit down for a moment, and when Andy gave me the nod, I started my speech. After I confessed how much I loved her, I turned her around so she could see the screens and I got down on one knee and proposed. My hands were shaking so badly that I don't even think she could see the ring. She was so excited that she didn't even say yes until I asked again. But, I will never forget the look on her face at that moment.

After we regained our composure, we took some pictures and drank some champange. Scott stopped by to wish us well, and then we went to dinner. The rest of the trip was an absolute riot, because nearly every cast member onboard knew who we were and went out of the way to make us feel special. And, all of the guests knew us as well, due to an unfortunate disclosure while DF's parents were playing "Match Your Mate." But, all in all, it was a fabulous trip. Even with all my fumbling about, she still loved it and she still said yes!

<font color=deeppink>That is so sweet of you to share this with us! :lovestruc We all love to hear happy endings and your moment turned out so special. Have a great time planning your wedding :bride: :groom: and best wishes :grouphug: ! </font>

Oh, congratulations! I'm so happy this turned out well. You did a great job, even with the changes, and I'm sure it will be a memory that she'll cherish forever. Have as much fun planning the wedding! :bride: :groom: :hug: :love2:

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Yippeee!!! I've been anxiously awaiting the results as well. Glad to hear it went well. Best wishes, congratulations! Enjoy the rest of the planning.

Deb

P.S. Don't forget to print out this thread for her scrapbook!

That is great! I am so happy for you both. Sounds like you're off to a magical start!

robertwa-What a wonderful memory you'll have for a lifetime! I wish you both many years of love, laughter and magical dreams come true!!!:groom: :bride: :wizard:

What a great story!! Thank you for sharing with us.

Ginny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter