Need ideas for proposal

robertwa

Earning My Ears
I just got approved to buy the ring today, so now I really have to get it together!

I'm sailing in just about a week, and I need some ideas on how to pop the question onboard. So far, I've decided I want to do it on Formal Night. I'm thinking about taking her up to Deck 10 just around sunset and asking then, and possibly having a camera guy on standby for pics afterward. I want to add something Disney-ish to this mix, seeing as we met on College Program. Any ideas?

Also, has anyone else proposed onboard? What did you do? How helpful were Guest Services and/or the Cruise Director?

Any help is appreciated. I'm trying not to freak out! ;)

Congrats! What a great idea. I'm sure she'll be thrilled however you do it.

What about at Palo? Maybe have the ring in her dessert. No that's not very romantic. I'm sure the other Disers will have great suggestions. Have you called Disney and asked for suggestions. The bridal people would be good at this I bet.

Good luck.

IS there a way to arrange to have Mickey and or Minnie there when you propose? That'd be cool! Does the Captain ever make announcements over a loud speaker? That would be one memorable announcement! Let me think a little longer- maybe I can come up with something else!

Congratulations!!!!!

Maybe ask them to bring it out not in the dessert but AS the dessert.

Or maybe as the appetizer?

What about having the ring in a Mickey shaped box that is then set on the plate?

If you both drink champagne what about having the servers standing by with a bottle of the Fairy Tale Cuvee? Disney exclusive....

I'd definitely touch base with Guest Services and see about alerting the photogs...but as a backup have your own camera handy. If your servers (including head server) are in on this SOMEONE will gladly take pics - not to mention the other guests around you and at your table.

One other thought...tuck a handkerchief into your pocket! She is probably going to get a bit teary eyed and will want to make sure she hasn't turned into racoon eyes before the photo!

And be sure to let us know how it goes!

Deb

'Course this is me and I'm more of the surprise/clown type then romantic type. But I'd sneak away when she wasn't looking, ask if I could borrow one of their character costumes. And then propose as Goofy or one of the other characters. Imagine her suprise when she realizes it's you. Of course you'd have to do it when there are no kiddos around, but Palo should fit the bill.

Congrats! :wave:

Congrats! Here are my ideas...

Sign up for the "Romance Package". On the day/night of your proposal, they could scatter rose petals on your bed and have champagne in your cabin.

See if you can get a favorite charachter to present the ring?

How about a treasure hunt on Castaway Cay? Maybe guest services can help you out?

I think having the ring presented on the dessert plate at Palos would be very romantic! I am sure they would do something very unique and special!

How about at one of your destinations? Do you do anything unusual like scuba diving? What if you found it in a treasure box while you are both under the water?

Formal night would be great....you could have your pic done with Mickey and Minnie and have them suprise with the ring box.

By the way, get a REALLY nice ring box! It makes the presentation SO wonderful.

LisaCA

What about an interesting towel and rose creation that would include the ring when you get back to the room?

Or how about a piano solo at sessions with "your song" and then the presentation of the ring while you sit near the big round windows?

I am sure cast members are going to be more than happy to think up a plan with you....

How about a champagne breakfast - in room - with the ring as part of the morning surprise?

What if the captain or another cast member knocked on your room door with a special delivery - a mickey shaped box with the ring inside?

How about a leisurely stroll on Castaway Key with a proposal in the sand? (easier on the knees)

For sure book the Romance at Sea package.

Talk to Guest Services or your Head Server - I am sure if something could be done, they will do it for you - But give them enough time to arrange it all for you -

I like the idea of Mickey and Minnie being there! That would make a wonderful memory!

What great ideas so far and such a thoughtful guy to go through all this. My suggestion is make sure you print out this thread for your future wife to put in her memory book. I guarantee you she will want a copy. CONGRATULATIONS :wave:

And please tell us what you decide and how it all turns out :hyper:

:earsgirl: :Pinkbounc :earsboy: Wow..! How Fun.. ! How about as you board the ship,,,, rather than the Cast Members saying,, Welcome... Mr & Ms.... So and So,, they can say,,,,(you can hand them a piece of paper.. ) that will state.... "Stacey.. Will you Marry Me " ??and that will be announced over the microphone... !! Woo Hooo,.. ! :bounce: Love It ! Best Wishes... !!

Thanks all! These are some great suggestions. Keep them coming, every idea makes me think of new ways to do it. Plus, I could always use a few contingency plans.

Whatever you do, don't put the ring in your 'checked' luggage -- you saw Meet the Parents, right?

I would definitely book the Romance Package and then see Guest Services to see if they have any special ideas.

PLEASE report back as we see a few of these types of posts on here every now and then but I never seem to see the after-story.

puckerup: :love2:

My DH put my ring in a single rose. He then presented the rose to me at dinner. Simple but beautiful. Congratulations to you and your bride to be. :D

a friend of my daughter's proposed by creating a bride and groom "build a bear" himself for his fiance'.. he gave them to her along with the ring and asked her to marry him.. I don't know if they have a Build a Bear store near you, they're in most of the Malls up here..

You could get a Mickey & Minnie bridge & groom doll and have it brought out at dinner... what about getting the bride & groom hats (they had them in Mickey's Mates when were were there in January

Keep us posted and let us know how everything goes!!!:bride: :groom:

Robertwa...are you sailing on the 2/28 Magic, or another date?

We were going to Green Turtle Cay (in the abacos) for a vacation with friends and he planned to suggest we go looking for sea shells...we love to have momento's from our trip and he planned to find a really nice shell and say "Hey...look at this shell", etc. and the ring would have been in side or he wouldn't have used a shell at all if he couldn't have found one. That would have been a huge surprise..lol. But..he was like a puppy with two you know whats and he sprang the ring on my while I was applying clearasil to my face in huge gobs a week before we went on the trip. I dont' know about you but I would be nervous about giving the ring to anyone to present. Make sure it is insured..you should do that when you bring it home before you go on the cruise if you can. Usually it is very easy to just add to your home owners policy or renters insurance. All that said...I really liked the idea of you dressing up as one of the characters and giving her the ring...MAKE SURE YOU BRING A VIDEO CAMERA!!!! Congrats to you...how exciting! Can't wait for your trip report! but..umm...you can skip the deals of the sureal bath that might occur after that...lol
Jenn:lovestruc

Yes, yes, yes ..... the shell idea is great! You can go to any craft store and get a oyster/clam shell and put the ring inside. Have the shell in your pocket and conveniently "drop" it and point it out to her. This could be done on any port day so you could do it early or at Castaway Cay. How fun for you :hyper:

Then use the formal night to have a congratulations cake brought to your table and the dining manager could announce your engagement.

Have Mickey and Minnie in on the deal...
Go and have your pictures taken formal night...Give the CM your camera and maybe let the Camera Guy in on your proposal...

When you get up in line to take your picture with Mickey & Minnie...the camera will be on you and her expression...As you begin to pose get on one knee and pop the question! The CM will be snapping your film away and you get those couple of shots from the ships photographer...

Congrats!

Originally posted by jlp651
Have Mickey and Minnie in on the deal...
Go and have your pictures taken formal night...Give the CM your camera and maybe let the Camera Guy in on your proposal...

When you get up in line to take your picture with Mickey & Minnie...the camera will be on you and her expression...As you begin to pose get on one knee and pop the question! The CM will be snapping your film away and you get those couple of shots from the ships photographer...

Congrats!

Ooooh! :hyper: I like this idea a lot!!! Good thinkin'!

:bride: :groom: & ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter