Need ideas for proposal

Glass slipper wins!

Now of course if you can manage to do that on the way down the stairs to have a formal picture taken with Mickey and Minnie while a CM has your camera in hand clicking away and the captain is blowing the horn! princess: princess:

I think you may have a weeping princess on your hands.

Remember tears can mean she is happy!

Deb

I too love the glass slipper idea (also makes for an ausome keep-sake of the event) BUT...

If I were attempting to implement an idea like this, I would be afraid that she might not make the connection between glass slipper and marriage proposal. She might not be able to read the words "Will You Marry Me?" engraved on a glass slipper (small lettering on a poor back ground that's at least 5 feet from her face).

In contrast (just to make the point), you could hold up a diamond ring 20 feet away and she would most likely know instantly what it was for.

The other way this idea could flop is if the slipper doesn't fit (can you even buy glass slippers in specific shoe sizes?) It's going to kill the romance of the moment if she tries to put on the glass slipper and it's two sizes too small (and I don't think you'll find a way for her to "try it on" first and keep the moment a secret.

Sorry if I sound like such a downer on what is a great idea, but I'm also a detailed thinker who is very practical and meticulous. You have to think about what could go wrong and find ways to help midigate these problems.

For example, in the suggestion I gave, I initially thought it would be cool if it initially looked like Micky Mouse was attempting to propose to her (something she would think is a joke), but the "joke" would become serious when Micky took his head off and it turned out to be you inside (what a suprize). But then I thought... Disney is trying to create an illusion to the kids that Micky Mouse is real, so it wouldn't be in their best interest for you to pop out of a Micky costume in front of hundreds of kid on a Disney boat and therefore Disney wouldn't cooperate with you.

Guess I thought of a the glass slipper as being something small that would be handed to her... with the ring inside. The ones I've seen were more a pincushion sort of thing.

No matter what I have a hunch Robert will make a proposal she will never forget. Have any of us forgotten ours? :bride:

Deb

Oh I like the glass slipper idea too. Please, please keep us informed on how you propose and tell us the story.
Debbie

As creative as the stage, characters and desserts are.....I would not want bystanders on this special moment :blush: . I don't have pictures of the moment my DH and I got engaged but I still remember it perfectly, I'm glad no one was there but us ;).

I really like the glass slipper idea. At night, out on deck, no one around.

The Romance at Sea Package is a great suggestion. That would secure your Palo ressie and a couple's massage at the spa so you could be more relaxed when you board the ship. You have enough to be nervous about without worrying about anything else. The night of your Palo dinner, there will be a romantic turndown with rose petals. She won't be expecting it so when she opens your stateroom door she will be distracted, looking around the room ect.:lovestruc . That would be an easy time to drop to one knee and give her the ring :love2: .

That is how I would prefer it, private and simple. You know your lady best though so follow your heart.

Originally posted by FantasticDisFamily
Guess I thought of a the glass slipper as being something small that would be handed to her... with the ring inside. The ones I've seen were more a pincushion sort of thing.

No matter what I have a hunch Robert will make a proposal she will never forget. Have any of us forgotten ours? :bride:

Deb

That's what I was thinking also...they sell them at Disney in a small size...and usually when *we* do them we have the ring in the slipper.

People I know got engaged on the ship last year and he had a "land" contact at DCL and also a "ship" contact who arranged everything onboard. He had it set up on Secret Deck 7 and had ordered champagne and roses, had the ship's photographer....he even had Mickey there for the photo op....BUT BEWARE...HAVING THE CHARACTERS THERE IS GOING TO COST YOU A BUNDLE....IT WAS $500 JUST TO HAVE MICKEY FOR 30 MINUTES!!!

They got married in October and are actually sailing this week on the Magic!!!

MJ

Originally posted by TinkerBellPixie4GOAL
I love the Palo idea, and I loved the original idea of doing it at sunset on Deck 10...now for my own opinion...

If you are going to Disney before hand then but a glass slipper (or if there is a store by you that has them) have it engraved with 'Will You Marry Me' or 'I Finally Found You' or something like that. Take her on the stairs and lean down like you were picking up something, take the slipper out and say, "You must have dropped this."

Every girl likes to feel like Cinderella!

Rory - you are so clever - that is a great idea.

Okay, the first thing that poped into my mind was probably not possible because it would be HUGE, but it would be funny.

You'd get her in a certian seat for Who wants to be a Mousketeer and she would get picked to go on stage. After getting a few really easy Disney questions thrown at her, the MC could say "And for the million Dollar question, we have a special guest to ask it. Then you'd come out and propose.

Yeah, that couldn't happen, but how cool would that be? :)

My husband proposed to me by giving me a small Tigger who had the ring on his tail. I'm kind of a tigger freak so it was great for us. The first thing I said was "You realize that we HAVE to go to Disney World on our honeymoon? " He agreed, then I said Yes. :)

However you do it, I am sure it will be special. Maybe call DCL now and ask them for ideas?

I'd like to cast my vote for something public.

I LOVE participating in such an event--even as a completely unrelated, uninvolved observer/audience member!

Heck, I've teared up (happy tears!) reading a few of the suggestions!

Best wishes for all happiness!

Originally posted by DMS_cruisers04
It's okay MrsPete, they have seperate, non-adjoining rooms on opposite sides of the ship, on two different decks. They are still in the courting phase after all. [/QUOTE

Heh, you forgot to mention the chaperone. They have one of those coming with them too!

Okay, the first thing that poped into my mind was probably not possible because it would be HUGE, but it would be funny.

You'd get her in a certian seat for Who wants to be a Mousketeer and she would get picked to go on stage. After getting a few really easy Disney questions thrown at her, the MC could say "And for the million Dollar question, we have a special guest to ask it. Then you'd come out and propose.

Yeah, that couldn't happen, but how cool would that be?

It's not that far fetched an idea. It really depends upon how much Disney is willing to "support the cause". Obviously the simpler, the better. If you like the idea of doing one of these "public" suprises, I'd descreatly contact the Cruise director as soon as you board, even ask her for some ideas. That will give you a clue as to how much they are willing to do for you. And when I was talking about including Micky in the "act", it was under the assumption that he'd already be there for the show so that you wouldn't have to "rent" him for 5 C notes.

Thanks you all for all of the ideas. I will be thinking this over and consulting with the CD and/or Guest Services once I get on board.

Some replies:

plutospup - Yes, we're sailing on 2/28

MrsPete - Don't worry. Her parents are coming, too. ;)

I really like the ship's horn idea, but that might just be because I'm a boy. I think my plan is to see what they will help me get away with onboard. The inital moment is definately going to be private, but then I'll probably arrange something silly to follow.

And, although I was a good friend of Goofy myself, I wouldn't want to do anything to spoil the magic. Plus, every time we see Goofy, he proposes to her, so that wouldn't be anything new!

Keep the ideas coming. I promise I will post an update once we get back, maybe even some pics too.

Originally posted by robertwa
Keep the ideas coming. I promise I will post an update once we get back, maybe even some pics too.

Can't wait to hear from you!

GOOD LUCK!

I am sitting here, weeping, hoping one day my bf will use some of these ideas!! Robert... don't wait untill you get there! Make some calls now! I am always reading about engagement packages from WDW I'm sure DCL has some suggestions for you! Good luck & can't WAIT to hear all of the details!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter