Need help - meeting party in another terminal, car rental, etc.

grumpyandbashful

DIS Veteran
I am meeting my sister at MCO on Feb. 1st! Her plane arrives 30 min. after mine. I arrive in Terminal A (Southwest), and she arrives in Terminal B (Midwest Express). We have a car reserved thru National Emerald Aisle. Can I retrieve my bags, get the car, and park somewhere at Terminal A?? Don't really want to leave my bags unattended while I meet her, etc.
Any advice?? :confused:

I had to do that once. We just met in the middle area by the Hyatt. We got our suitcases and waited for my daughter and then went and got the car.

It seems like more work if you went and got the car and then parked it and came back into the terminal.

We're doing the same thing. My son arrives 40 minutes after our flight. Since he will just have a carry-on and we'll have to wait for luggage, I figured we'd get our luggage and go to EA. We'll wait for him there. That way we'll be able to see a few cars and maybe wait for something we'd rather have. I don't know if this will work but we figured it's worth a try.

Is your sister travelling alone? If it's just her, and she has a normal amount of luggage, I think the easiest thing is for you to get your bags & get the car. After her plane gets in she can get her luggage. If her stuff is too much to drag or carry, she can always get one of those $2 carts. AFter you get the car, drive around to the arrivals area for Midwest Express & pick her up at the curb. You may have to drive around a few times, they may not let you just sit there.

If she will need help with her bags, beyond a cart, there should also be a short term parking area terminal B. You can leave your luggage in the trunk of the car & it'll be fine.

mom23guys2, if you & your son are on different airlines, check & see where the baggage claim areas are for both of you. There are 2 different EA's in the Orlando airport, I'm pretty sure. Someone has posted a map of the airport before & it should show everythng you need. Is search working these days?

You also may just want to get the car & then swing around & get your son curbside at arrivals for his airline. I did this with DH (we were on the same flight) & it worked really well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter