Need Help from DVC experts re: points/cash payments

Could you please explain what you mean by "cash rate"? Do you mean there's a "cash equivalent" for the point value on a cruise that is different than the price available through DCL? (Example: Cruise costs X points or $Y)

Another question - If I book a lower category with points, can I upgrade to a higher level category with cash?

Thank you!!!!
Sorry I missed this as well it is as explained by someone else. I didn't book on opening day so there was a considerable price difference between the DVC cash rate and the DCL one.

How many points did you need for your cruise?

We will be doing our second Fantasy cruise in March 2016. I booked 1 adult 1 child with points and paid cash for 2nd adult. I had point that I to decide whether to bank or use so we decided to use them and borrow. Paying all cash for this cruise would be close to $8,000 for the 3 of us. We would not be able to do it without the use of points. I made sure to save enough for a day before/after the cruise to stay in a studio. We are also going to WDW for a long weekend in Sept. I don't care about what others say about it being and economically correct use of points, etc.... it works for my family and I like having the flexibility to do so. Everyone travels/uses their point differently! DVC was still one of the best decisions we ever made!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter