Near Disaster - pics on #19

Yup. She changed his name. I think Diz comes off the tongue easier than Pluto myself.

I love long haired hot dogs (as my boys call them). Your furbabies are sweet.

The things we all do for our fur babies! They've both been getting extra hugs lately! :grouphug:

AWM - she was rescued from a puppy mill and came to us with that name but we thought it fit her. Our other dachsie is Phoebe - my daughters named her after the character on Friends. What a shame your boys are allergic.

YodasMom - glad Disney got out all right. We can't wait until the fireworks end. Last year, Gretchen was worse but she's still scared. Phoebe doesn't pay any attention to them, thank goodness.

Thanks for all your comments - I'm still looking at the fridge like it's the enemy!

These aren't the best pictures - they both run when they see the camera. I do have some better pics but couldn't find them in a hurry (I'm supposed to be working!)

Gretchen
DSC01126.jpg

Phoebe
DSC01112.jpg

So cute...we have a Phoebe too (a Jack Russell Terrier) named for the very same reason, how funny!

Yup. She changed his name. I think Diz comes off the tongue easier than Pluto myself.

I love long haired hot dogs (as my boys call them). Your furbabies are sweet.

My long-haired is the sweetest dog that's ever owned me!

Showed my boys your pics. They both want to know if they can rescue a cute hot doggie.

Showed my boys your pics. They both want to know if they can rescue a cute hot doggie.

Ahhh. They could come play with mine if you lived closer :goodvibes

April - my daughters gave me a choice of Phoebe, Monica or Rachel. Somehow Phoebe fit her better than the others, and she can be a bit ditzy at times. They named their dad's dog Chandler. I bet there's a lot of "Friends" dogs out there.

Your dogs are so cute!! I miss having dogs as I grew up with them but my DF is terrified after being attacked by an alsation as a child so there's just no way. He's amazingly brave just going to see my mum as she has a huge dog, but he's soft as cotton wool and wouldn't hurt a fly! Still makes DF jump out of his skin whenever he barks or jumps up though :)

Your dogs are so cute!! I miss having dogs as I grew up with them but my DF is terrified after being attacked by an alsation as a child so there's just no way. He's amazingly brave just going to see my mum as she has a huge dog, but he's soft as cotton wool and wouldn't hurt a fly! Still makes DF jump out of his skin whenever he barks or jumps up though :)

I can't imagine being without a dog! What a shame that DF had that experience. Has DF every been around a small cuddly dog? Maybe that would change his mind?

I am so sorry to hear about your Gretchen. Glad to hear she is all right! We just got a Miniature Dachshund in April. We are suprised at how many places she can get under.

Our Sophie looks like your Gretchen.

sophie.jpg

Does Gretchen give lots of Kisses? Sophie will just lick and lick your face:love: very sweet dogs!

Phoebe is a cutie pie! I like the long haired ones too!

So glad to hear that Gretchen is OK! What a frightening thing for the baby!

We had to completely block up our fireplace because our younger scaredy-baby kitty, Phelia, climbs up in the flue. Talk about terrifying trying to get him out of there! He also comes out covered in ash so he must have a bath afterwards. And yes, it's those darn fireworks!!!!

I am so sorry to hear about your Gretchen. Glad to hear she is all right! We just got a Miniature Dachshund in April. We are suprised at how many places she can get under.

sophie.jpg

Does Gretchen give lots of Kisses? Sophie will just lick and lick your face:love: very sweet dogs!

Your Sophie is adorable! Both Gretchen & Phoebe are kissers. I had another dachshund that had to be put to sleep at 15 and she was also did a lot of kissing and licking. She was my first and Gretchen looks just like her. In fact when I first picked Gretchen up, I felt like I was looking into Katie's eyes. They are such sweet dogs and I would have more if I could!

As far as getting under/into things - my nickname for Phoebe is Phoebe Lu (stands for Lucifer). She used to be a real imp! They love to burrow under blankets and pillows - a breed trait - and will flip the couch cushions ito get behind them f their blankets' are in the laundry. They'll also go under the bed so I have it blocked off.

Enjoy your new baby!

The things we all do for our fur babies! They've both been getting extra hugs lately! :grouphug:

YodasMom - glad Disney got out all right. We can't wait until the fireworks end. Last year, Gretchen was worse but she's still scared. Phoebe doesn't pay any attention to them, thank goodness.

Your pups are adorable, vanyel!! Glad they're doing OK now.

Disney has grown too big to be get stuck between the frig and the wall anymore. Now, he tries to climb into the frig when I open it! Still freaks out goint outside at night when the noises start.....He find his mommy really fast!

sophie.jpg

Oh too cute...all these pictures are really making me miss our dachshund Sasha. She dies 2 years ago, we had her for 13 years:sad2: . She was a great dog. We have a Jack Russell Terror( I mean Terrier : ) ) not quite the same. We finally decided in December that we could go ahead an get another small dog so we got a Yorkie/Lhapso mix. He's a real sweetie and a lot of fun. Anyway, am really enjoying the pics.

Did your puppy get a name change? Just curious :) Did I miss it?

Yes, I changed his name after a week. Pluto just didn't work for me or him. I renamed him Disney, and it's official. I didn't really post it on his puppy thread since it took me forever to name him, etc. Anyway, this name will stick and it's also registered with Home Again since he was micro-chipped last week. I call him Mr. Disney when I'm just talking to him, but it's usually "Diz" or Disney when I call him. It fits....plus he look like he has a mustache.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter