Near Disaster - pics on #19

vanyel

Mouseketeer<br><font color=db28a5>I like to escape
Came home last night after a graduation party and one of our dogs was behind the refrigerator (she's a mini dachshund) and wouldn't come out. We also noticed the fridge wasn't working and there was a terrible smell in the kitchen. Long story short - got her out, the cord was frayed and sparking, and she had peed. Figured out she chewed the cord, got shocked, messed then panicked. We think she was frightened by the fireworks the neighbors were doing but aren't sure. We had to call an emergency electrician to replace the cord and he said she could have been electrocuted.

At first she was really quiet and I was worried but when the electrician got here, she barked so I knew she was ok. What a stressful evening! but she's ok and that's the most important.

Oh my that would be quite a scare. I am glad you dog is okay and you were able to get your fridge fixed.

Rebecca

Oh my! I'm glad she is ok. And sparks, I'm glad you didn't have a fire either.

Poor baby must have been scared to death.

I'm glad that your story ended well and you and your dog were okay. We has a beloved dauchsand for 13 years. They truly do become a part of your family so I'm sure you (and she) were very frightened:sad1:

I consider all of us lucky as there could have been so many consequences. Sometimes I'm irritated at both my dds (dear dachshunds) but I love them both and would be devastated if something like that had hurt Gretchen. She's been very cuddly today - maybe she realizes she had a close call.

Poor little thing.:eek: That must have scared her to pieces. Glad to hear she is okay.

I too am glad that everything turned out for the best and that she is doing okay.

PS - LOVE the name Gretchen for a dachshund. Heidi, Hildie, Helga are ones I've thought of to use if I ever talk my DH into a house dog. (The boys are allergic, but hoping the shots will overcome that)

And I thought my cats had nine lives! Glad she's ok.

I had a kitten get stuck in the wall a couple of months ago. The back wall of my closet isn't finished and he managed to fall between the bathroom wall and the stairs. We kept hearing a meow and after counting the cats realized one was missing. I had to saw through the wall in the bathroom to get it out.

Awwwwwwww! Poor Baby! I bet she was so scared! Must have really shocked her!

Pets do the craziest things! Sometimes they get you so mad (like when mine ate my swap once) but they are part of the family. Glad she didn't get really hurt paw:

Poor thing! I'm so glad she's okay - what a scary experience for such a little girl.

Awww Poor baby!!!! I know my Bella just walks around hyperventelating all week with the fireworks or even bad thunder! Can you tell I just can't wait for the 4th of July!!!! She just freaks out! So I know what your little one is going through! Remember for the fourth to block off the back of the fridge!!!!

I too am glad that everything turned out for the best and that she is doing okay.

PS - LOVE the name Gretchen for a dachshund. Heidi, Hildie, Helga are ones I've thought of to use if I ever talk my DH into a house dog. (The boys are allergic, but hoping the shots will overcome that)

Ann, have they ever been around dogs that actually have real hair with no dander? Like Poodles or Yorkies or a Brussles Griffon? These dogs do not shed and they don't have the same make up as all the other dogs. Usually people who are allergic are not allergic to these type of dogs. Their hair is like that of human hair. Of course the downside is you have to groom them all the time. They require a lot of care that way. Their hair grows and it has to be cut every 5 weeks and they need bathing every 3 weeks at least, if not more with gentle shampoos! My little one is a mix, but she has Brussles in her and possibly poodle? I am not sure, but she doesn't shed, but her hair does grow! It needs cut all the time and brushed daily! For the summer, I like to keep her cut short, because she doesn't deal well with the heat. Her hair is very silky and soft. She is my blondie!!!!

Came home last night after a graduation party and one of our dogs was behind the refrigerator (she's a mini dachshund) and wouldn't come out.

I just read your story. How frightening!!! I'm sorry your pup had that experience. But, I'm sure glad everything turned out OK!

It really hit home, because last week, my new puppy got his head temporarily stuck between the wall and the refrigerator where there is about a 3 to 4 inch space. He got lose himself, but I was trying to find something to block the area yesterday before I left for a show I was doing....and worried a lot during the day. Also, someone in my neighborhood was setting off fireworks last Friday night and he totally freaked out when I was in the yard with him...he was shaking so bad, I could hardly hold him to carry him inside. I'm not looking forward to the next couple of weeks of fireworks!

Give your baby lots of extra love and kisses from my Disney, the terror pup!!

We have a Siberian Husky right now. She would eat the Yorkie for a snack. :rotfl:

Actually, is quite a non-typical Husky in that she is very tolerant of the cats and doesn't chase them. Just mice & birds. But she is 13 now and it would be really mean to bring an inside dog into the house right now. We'll just wait a few more years and see how it goes.

oohhh the poor little thing. must have been so scared! so glad it all turned out ok. :grouphug:

Awwwwwwww! Poor Baby! I bet she was so scared! Must have really shocked her!

Pets do the craziest things! Sometimes they get you so mad (like when mine ate my swap once) but they are part of the family. Glad she didn't get really hurt paw:

mine ate one of my slide mounts that had a hot dog on it last night.

Glad your dog is okay

The things we all do for our fur babies! They've both been getting extra hugs lately! :grouphug:

AWM - she was rescued from a puppy mill and came to us with that name but we thought it fit her. Our other dachsie is Phoebe - my daughters named her after the character on Friends. What a shame your boys are allergic.

YodasMom - glad Disney got out all right. We can't wait until the fireworks end. Last year, Gretchen was worse but she's still scared. Phoebe doesn't pay any attention to them, thank goodness.

Thanks for all your comments - I'm still looking at the fridge like it's the enemy!

These aren't the best pictures - they both run when they see the camera. I do have some better pics but couldn't find them in a hurry (I'm supposed to be working!)

Gretchen
DSC01126.jpg

Phoebe
DSC01112.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter