Narcoosee's very disappointing

mick0613

Earning My Ears
I was very disappointed in our dinner at Narcoosee's. It seemed to come very highly rated on here but it didn't live up to the signature dinner we had previously at the Yachtman's Steakhouse.

The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything to write home about either. The service was just ok, like I would get at any other restuarant. I thought the whole signature thing meant they went above & beyond. Also unless you valet, ($12) you have to go back out of the resort & park across the street.

I wish we would have just stuck to the best food & service at Yachtman's. I guess we know for next time. Will not go back to Narcoosee's.

My parents felt the same as you when they dined there last year. Sorry...

Actually, hope this doesn't sound really bad but....I don't let other people influence where I do or do not eat at WDW. When we have a trip planned, my daughter (21) and I sit down and decide where we'd like to eat based upon what WE like.

We've had some awesome jaw-dropping, eyeball rolling FAILURES!!! AND we've had some really surprising winners (that we thought would be in the other category).

We try what we think will work for US. Nobody else has MY tastebuds, so nobody can tell me what I will like or not like!

(Plus we have fun with our adventures.....whether they win or fail!!)

Ten years ago, Narcoosees was a very special and romantic place to dine. It's now my least favorite of the signatures. Our last two meals here have been noisy and uninspired. For good fish and true fine dining, go to bluezoo at the Dolphin.

We have been there 3 times over the last two years and have always had wonderful experiences. We found the food and service both excellent.
Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it but maybe it was an off night?

We (our family of 7) ate there last month and had a great dining experience. Our waiter, Aman was just superb. We were celebrating a nephew's 17th birthday, and Aman gave him (and all of us really) the royal treatment. He was funny, attentive, and not at all overbearing.
The food and wine were heavenly.
Didn't notice any extra noise....
Sorry you had a bad experience. Just wanted to let you know that we loved it.
Gretchen

I was very disappointed in our dinner at Narcoosee's. It seemed to come very highly rated on here but it didn't live up to the signature dinner we had previously at the Yachtman's Steakhouse.

The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything to write home about either. The service was just ok, like I would get at any other restuarant. I thought the whole signature thing meant they went above & beyond. Also unless you valet, ($12) you have to go back out of the resort & park across the street.

I wish we would have just stuck to the best food & service at Yachtman's. I guess we know for next time. Will not go back to Narcoosee's.

Would you mind sharing with us what you ordered? Just curious, plus I felt the same about Flying Fish. I think it's partly because we shared and one dinner was the vegetarian pasta. Yuck! Stouffers could have done better but maybe we would have liked the restaurant better had we ordered two seafoode entrees.

:)

Everyone has their own experiences and their own tastes. Ironically, we have been to Narcoosee's three times and have had excellent experiences. However, when we went to the Yachtsman we were very disappointed. The service was minimal and the food was just mediocre at best. I couldn't believe it. Maybe it was an off-night or maybe our server was new. We had problems from the minute that they called our name for the ADR. I do want to try Yachtsman again - but later on - not now. Again, everyone needs to form their own opinion.

We will be going there this coming friday to celebrate our anniversary. So I will see what happens.. The menu sounded like stuff dh and I would like and I have seen some pictures from other posters.

Sorry it wasn't a hit for you. I'm sure there are off nights for all restaurants or maybe it just wasn't to your taste.

We went in January and loved it. We had terrific service and great food. We had mussells and crab cake for apps, we both had lobster and the cheesecake and creme brulee for dessert. We thought the kid's meal was lovely. The only mix up was that we didn't get the slipper dessert we had preordered. We forgot to ask about it but apparently the bakery didn't send it over. No big deal we'll order one again next year :wizard:

I feel the same as some above posters. It is all OPINION! I loved Narcoossee's long ago, but on our last visit I found it to be very over priced and not worth it.
Also, Whispering Canyon gets a lot of bad reviews and my family LOVED it!! Everyone is different, so you just have to try things yourself!

Everyone has their own experiences and their own tastes. Ironically, we have been to Narcoosee's three times and have had excellent experiences. However, when we went to the Yachtsman we were very disappointed. The service was minimal and the food was just mediocre at best. I couldn't believe it. Maybe it was an off-night or maybe our server was new. We had problems from the minute that they called our name for the ADR. I do want to try Yachtsman again - but later on - not now. Again, everyone needs to form their own opinion.

I think this is very true for Disney restaurants. Name any restaurant at Disney, and you'll get DISer's who love and and DISer's who hate it.

I've been to Narcoosee's once, and, like someone else said, it was nothing to write home about. By far, it wasn't a bad experience, I just wouldn't put it in my top ten.

I also wasn't impressed with Flying Fish, and people tend to love that.

In my experience, there are few (if any Disney) restaurants that hit a bulls-eye every time.

Sorry you didn't have a good experience. It is my favorite restaurant at Disney. I have been there for a family meal and grandma to 6yo loved it. Went back for a grown up meal with a friend and they were also very impressed. Had great service at check in, the bar and each of our servers. I will have a chance to try Jiko next trip, but Narcoossee's is high on the list.

Also unless you valet, ($12) you have to go back out of the resort & park across the street.

This has always been my problem with the GF. In fact I have a bit of a personal campaign to get Disney to add the self parking lot at the GF as a monorail stop.

If you plan to visit any restaurants at the GF do not drive. Take the monorail from MK or the TTC.

We've eaten at Narcoossee's 3 times but decided to skip it last year based on our previous years experience. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. Most of it was due to our server. He was a much older man who would have been better off as a server at Denny's (nothing against Denny's but you know what I mean);)

Personally, now I would rather have 2 meals at someplace like Wolfgang Pucks than 1 meal at Narcoossee's -but the view of the fireworks is great!:goodvibes

And the almond crusted cheesecake is TDF!:cloud9:

Sorry to hear. I do like this restaurant.

Although my last meal I was not happy with, I can't blame the restaurant though. Everyone with us loved their meal.

We were there in March and DH was having Blood Pressure Problems. It had been a long trying day and his BP was sky high, with pouring rain. We had made ressie's so we kept them. I was a little stressed and they were out of the dish I wanted. Ordered something else, can't tell you if it was a good dish or not. Other on this site have ordered it and rave about it. I think it was just me. We did have a great server.

Anyways the next morning after a terrible night with BP problems I called the airline and got a flight home that day. I will give Narcoosee's another try. At that point I just wanted to get out of Florida and home in case he had a stroke or something.

Well, there's not much that can be done about the parking. Grand Floridian, the most "deluxe" of the resorts, has the worst self-parking of any resort. If guests don't want to valet, I usually suggest going really early as parking can be hard to find, or using a cab or Disney transportation.

Well, there's not much that can be done about the parking. Grand Floridian, the most "deluxe" of the resorts, has the worst self-parking of any resort. If guests don't want to valet, I usually suggest going really early as parking can be hard to find, or using a cab or Disney transportation.

DH actually thought he missed the self parking lot the first night we went to the GF for our meal at 1900 PF. He circled around and went back through the gate to ask the guard. Neither of us could believe that a resort on the scale of GF would have people park across the street.

But in the end, it was no big deal that night and the walk back across the street added to our magic. DD danced and twirled down the sidewalk as she relived every moment of Cinderella and PC's waltz. DS skipped and hummed right behind her splashing in the puddles for the evening's rain. It was great!

That said, the night we went to Narcoossee's was rainy and chilly. It was also day 6 of our trip and the kids we wearing out early in the evening at that point. We opted for valet parking and it ended up being well worth it. The kids passed out shortly after we ordered. At the end of our meal, DH left me to pay and he ran out to have them pull our car around. He grabbed our stroller and came back to load up the kids. It was wonderful to be able to roll right out with them and load them into a warm car.

As for Narcoossee's, it was one of our best meals. DH and I loved the atmosphere, our server was great and the food was fabulous. We ended up with one of the best tables in the house to watch Wishes and that made for a magical evening. DH has actually requested that we make that our last dinner at Disney tradition for all future trips.

OP, I am sorry that you had a bad experience. That really has to sting considering it was a signature restaurant and you went in with that level of expectation. I hope your next signature more than make up for this one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter