My T-shirt trip report

I see you used a lot of white shirts. I never wear white, yikes, but it seems to go with most designs. Not sure what colors I should be getting...

Kate - I love them!

Especially the TikiRoom one - is that a WPASADI inspiration?

And I am very glad to see that I am not the only one with a big burn rectangle on my kitchen table!

Kate -- Would you mind sharing where you got the disney font with all of the characters in the letters. I loved that one and would like to add it to some of my T-shirt for DS for trip in Jan.

THanks

Have you done sweatshirts?

I have not - but other people have and as long as they are a cotton blend - you will have no problem!!

Has anyone used sheets of paper in between the t-shirt?
Does this sound right; I place the t-shirt on an ironing board, then place 15 sheets of paper in between and iron?

I would think that paper in between would burn - but not sure - if you iron straight onto the ironing board it absorbs the heat and the transfers don't stay as well. With that said - before I became an "expert" at this - I used my ironing board and although it was okay -the results on my formica coutertop are WAY better!!

I see you used a lot of white shirts. I never wear white, yikes, but it seems to go with most designs. Not sure what colors I should be getting...

I really like the designs that I used the dark paper for - I thought they turned out great - if your design has a border - I would consider other color shirts - but I like designs that are free flowing without borders as well and then I really reccomend a white or light grey shirt - light pink worked pretty well also

Especially the TikiRoom one - is that a WPASADI inspiration?
of course - I loved our little immunity idol and wanted to keep him around!!!!

Would you mind sharing where you got the disney font with all of the characters in the letters

it is called agent orange and I am pretty sure it came from dafont.com - pm me your email address if you can't find it and I will email it to you - the first time I did a shirt like this it took about an hour - now it takes me about 5 minutes since it is just a matter of rearranging characters - if you want me to design it for you - I would be more than happy to!!!!

Hi Neighbor
Thanks for all you have done for us
We have 5 days before heading done for our third Magic cruise!
I will email you when we get back to show you the shirts and Door magnets,etc

This TIP link is fantastic and, like, oh, that makes sense!
I am going to post this thread to our Cruise post

John :earboy2:

Julia&Nicks Mom,

Which brand of transfers are your referring to? That ebay page seems to have different brands.

Just another note on cheap shirts, Cheapestees.com has some great prices and tons of sizes. I order Gildan shirts from there and they are 1.98 I think for the white adult sizes and a little less for childrens sizes. Oh and the order arrived within 3 days of ordering....they are really quick.

You mentioned that the transfers come off after one wash sometimes. Any tips on avoiding this...and how often does this happen? Was kinda hoping to keep the tees we're making as a momento after

On ebay they do sell different quantities - you can click on the link in the auction to her store to find lower quantities

99% of my designs have held up pretty well - we wear them around our house all the time - I find that if it is a design without a lot of ink - it seems to hold up better on the light paper - if it has a lot of paper - you should use the dark paper - I have not had any dark paper designs crack or peel

make sure you wash and dry them inside out and do use fabric softener on them before you iron on the transfer

julia & nicks mom said:
and do use fabric softener on them before you iron on the transfer

I thought most people said don't use softener?

Thanks for the links and information about them btw. :-)

Hi!! I'm new to this....& have two questions.(I'm sure more later!!)

Can you go over about the light/dark transfer paper...I just don't get it.

Also, what type of shirt is better for iron on transfers...100% cotton or 50/50?

Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter