My step-by-step PhotoPass one-day instructions

For those asking about purchasing, yes, you can wait until you get home, then purchase one day at a time. You'll need access to the full DL Photopass website to order - not thru the mobile app. That's what I did/am doing. There isn't an option to order multiple days. (With this kinda-ridiculous interface they have going now, only doing 1 day at a time might be the smart way to go anyway!)

We returned Saturday, February 20th. Sunday the 21st, Monday, the 22nd - I added ride photo codes off my phone, my hubby's phone. Then, I went into my DL photopass account yesterday, the 24th, to look at the pictures. I purchased yesterday, my first $39 download. And then you go through the "Activate" the one photo from the one day you want steps.

I am going to purchase my second day, today, for $39. So - I'll do the SAME routine. Purchase the $39, go into my photos, and select one of the photos from the 2nd day to activate all of them. Thus one of the parts that isn't really user-friendly. I could think of SO MANY different ways that the interface could be made more user-friendly. Alas, they didn't ask for my input ;-)

You have 45 days from when the original photo was taken to get your photos. OR, you can pay $19 to extend the online access.

Here's the quicklink to get started: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/photopass/

Last tip - DO check your photos once they are available! I realized I entered 1 digit wrong on a ToT ride photo ... instead of my hubby & daughter, I realized I had access to a random ride photo - NOT with my family :-)

So used to the way WDW does with the magic band on the ride photos and haven't been to DLR so I have a question. If you have a photopass card and you go on a ride with a photo can you get your number and go to the photo desk and have them just add it to the card right then or do they not have photo desks at the pictures anymore?

thanks

Jazzabelle508 - yes the pics have the watermark UNTIL you purchase them. Makes sense. And, don't forget that they are a bit cropped in the app view, but they are completely visible on a PC :-)

bcinohio - When we were there in Feb, they were just starting with this newer photopass system. There were still photo desks at the end of the respective rides. I didn't ask if they would add the photo to my photocard for me, but rather they showed me how to add it directly to my mobile app. So, not really answering your question, but I think if you asked, they would - and they were definitely still set-up to help visitors.

Thank you - this post was very helpful. It was the only post I could find which described the process to download all photos! Ie hover over the photo, click the white circle to make it a green tick, and then an option to download all photos will appear.

I consider myself pretty good with tech - and found this difficult to figure out!

Thanks again!

Here's a random thing that just started happening to me yesterday: twice yesterday and once today (so far), I've gotten notification through the app that I have new Photopass pictures in my account. Odd, thinks I, as we left the parks ten days ago and our APs expire tomorrow :sad:. But I went in to look at my pictures and, sure enough, there are new pictures there. All from Splash, all completely random people I don't know.

What gives, Disney?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter