My Son's MAW Trip

We met with our wish granters today and are even more excited than before! They gave Gavin a wonderful book detailing his trip, flight information, etc. They also gave him a back pack full of goodies. We did not end up getting a harness. My husband thinks he will do okay if he sits beside him because he will actually be on his sleeping meds at the time (the doctor and psychiatrist recommended). They supplied us with money to each check a bag and we are alloweed a carry on. So it looks like we will be able to pack and carry on everything. We have started packing and so far so good. We will keep you posted on how everything goes :)

GavandGraciesMommy said:
We met with our wish granters today and are even more excited than before! They gave Gavin a wonderful book detailing his trip, flight information, etc. They also gave him a back pack full of goodies. We did not end up getting a harness. My husband thinks he will do okay if he sits beside him because he will actually be on his sleeping meds at the time (the doctor and psychiatrist recommended). They supplied us with money to each check a bag and we are alloweed a carry on. So it looks like we will be able to pack and carry on everything. We have started packing and so far so good. We will keep you posted on how everything goes :)

That's so exciting!!! Yippee! Can't wait to hear all about it. So happy for you :)

Well in true Gavin fashion we had another emergency room visit. We cant get away without one big scare before we leave :) He fell at school and hit his head and bit through his lip. My heart dropped because my first thought was he fainted and it was a heart issue. They think he just tripped and hit it on a chair though. THey did a CT and checked for concussion and everything was fine. They did start him on another round of antibiotics because he had bronchitis they noticed when they checked his throat. So he will be pouty lipped in his pictures but I am so happy he is doing okay :)

Well in true Gavin fashion we had another emergency room visit. We cant get away without one big scare before we leave :) He fell at school and hit his head and bit through his lip. My heart dropped because my first thought was he fainted and it was a heart issue. They think he just tripped and hit it on a chair though. THey did a CT and checked for concussion and everything was fine. They did start him on another round of antibiotics because he had bronchitis they noticed when they checked his throat. So he will be pouty lipped in his pictures but I am so happy he is doing okay :)

Oh my gosh!!!! Well, at least they caught the bronchitis?? Yikes!

Poor Gav! I bet you were worried! I'm glad he's all right.

Yay!! How exciting:cheer2:Can't wait to hear all about your magical trip!

Oh no! How scary! Glad it wasn't a heart issue. That is always my first thought with Trevor. Glad they caught the bronchitis and he will be on the mend for his trip!

Jackie

Natasha I just wanted to let you know how much your journey is so similar to mine. It means a lot to me to meet someone whose child suffers the same thing that my child does and is doing so well just like mine I know your trip to Disney World is going to be above and beyond your wildest dreams we are going to be praying for you daily our sons are so similar the autism the nonverbal and yet the smiley friendliness that they have I hope that someday they're able to meet each other and find a connection together so that we can keep them together always. Make-A-Wish is such a special organization to bring these children together's that they can make friends with each other with other children who are like them and make lifelong connections I hope this message it isnt too cheesy I'm feeling a little emotional this morning but just wanted you to know that your family holds a very special place in our heart we know that your trip is going to be magical to be filled pixie dust my daughter is so excited to see pictures of Miss Gracie and all of her wonderful things and we can't wait to see the pictures of Gavin with lightning McQueen I hope everything goes as planned on the airplane I hope the trip goes as planned your schedule goes as planned and that it still has a chance to be a relaxing family vacation we are do you feel close to your family and hope it will be able to meet with you were very interested in following along with your post trip report and we hope that you will find time to follow our trip report as well I would like to stay connected to you and your family just because your son mean so much to us please let us know if this makes you uncomfortable and we will step away but thank you for letting us be a part of his life for just a little bit. Thank you
Holly
Tom
Isaac
Noah
Luke
Rebekah

My gosh! I would have been worried for the same reason, I keep waiting for the to happen. So, so happy this was not the problem. And it's almost time - yay!!!! So happy for you guys! Hope the trip is great, looking forward to hearing how it all goes :cheer2:

Natasha I just wanted to let you know how much your journey is so similar to mine. It means a lot to me to meet someone whose child suffers the same thing that my child does and is doing so well just like mine I know your trip to Disney World is going to be above and beyond your wildest dreams we are going to be praying for you daily our sons are so similar the autism the nonverbal and yet the smiley friendliness that they have I hope that someday they're able to meet each other and find a connection together so that we can keep them together always. Make-A-Wish is such a special organization to bring these children together's that they can make friends with each other with other children who are like them and make lifelong connections I hope this message it isnt too cheesy I'm feeling a little emotional this morning but just wanted you to know that your family holds a very special place in our heart we know that your trip is going to be magical to be filled pixie dust my daughter is so excited to see pictures of Miss Gracie and all of her wonderful things and we can't wait to see the pictures of Gavin with lightning McQueen I hope everything goes as planned on the airplane I hope the trip goes as planned your schedule goes as planned and that it still has a chance to be a relaxing family vacation we are do you feel close to your family and hope it will be able to meet with you were very interested in following along with your post trip report and we hope that you will find time to follow our trip report as well I would like to stay connected to you and your family just because your son mean so much to us please let us know if this makes you uncomfortable and we will step away but thank you for letting us be a part of his life for just a little bit. Thank you
Holly
Tom
Isaac
Noah
Luke
Rebekah

You are fine. Dont ever worry about being emotional I am the queen of that :) We would love to keep contact with you guys. You are right it feels so awesome to relate to someone. It is so weird that this is the place that two Iowa girls would meet up :) We will keep in touch for sure. I will be sure to let you know how everything goes. I do not know how to post pictures on here lol but I am going to keep the blog up to date that we started when we found out we were going on the trip. It is gavandgraciesmommy.blogspot.com. Also if you want you could add me to facebook. I am always on there lol. Its Latasha Cardenas. Talk to you again soon!

My gosh! I would have been worried for the same reason, I keep waiting for the to happen. So, so happy this was not the problem. And it's almost time - yay!!!! So happy for you guys! Hope the trip is great, looking forward to hearing how it all goes :cheer2:

My family always says he likes to make sure I dont get bored with life lol. He is doing great though! We are all super excited for the trip of course and their birthday party on Saturday. It will be one crazy weekend.

Trev keeps us on our toes too! Although the twins are starting to get in on the action too! I hope you guys have a wonderful trip! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Jackie

Just wanted to say that we are back from Gavin's trip and it was amazing! We have been crazy busy though so I have not even thought about his trip report but plan to get to it soon! Hope everyone is doing well.

GavandGraciesMommy said:
Just wanted to say that we are back from Gavin's trip and it was amazing! We have been crazy busy though so I have not even thought about his trip report but plan to get to it soon! Hope everyone is doing well.

Woo hoo!!! Welcome back! Take your time. We will be (somewhat) patiently waiting ;-).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter