My new favorite fireworks spot is Galaxy's Edge

katyringo

DIS Veteran
I've seen a few posts here and there, but I wanted to share my experience with fire of the rising moon.

Bravo- Disney!

The new droid Bard is a great addition. And the beginning asking folks with lightsabers to rise them up.. magic moment (and hello- they are gonna sell more light sabers as this catches on)

But the show itself is just a good time and having Star Wars music in SWGE just makes it better.

They tape off the area in from of the falcon about 815pmish and people start sitting on the ground. I decided to stay on my bench until about 845 and the. Joined the ground sitters. Around 9:10-9:15 they have everyone stand.

It's something I'm glad I made a priority.

How were the crowds after fireworks? Did they direct everyone to leave in one direction? If so, which exit path did they direct them to use (Fantasyland, Frontierland or Critter Country)?

When you go to your second Fantasmic show, will you be able to watch fireworks in Galaxy's Edge and then walk towards Harbor Galley to get in the dinner package line for the show? Or are you set on doing the castle for that fireworks show?

How were the crowds after fireworks? Did they direct everyone to leave in one direction? If so, which exit path did they direct them to use (Fantasyland, Frontierland or Critter Country)?

When you go to your second Fantasmic show, will you be able to watch fireworks in Galaxy's Edge and then walk towards Harbor Galley to get in the dinner package line for the show? Or are you set on doing the castle for that fireworks show?
I'm doing castle tonight. Last night after GE fireworks I walked right on to smugglers so I'm not sure about the crowds.

We did this last Sunday and could not agree more about the experience! We staked out a spot in the viewing area at the top of the steps. We used the trash can as our rear guard. We got there about 9p, the seating was taken but we could stand by the trash can with no problem. The view was awesome. It’s a bit loud for those who are sensitive as you are far closer to the launch point than when viewed on Main Street. A possible suggestion/pro tip: book Oga’s at 9:50-10p and head over after the show it’s only steps away.

It was great. Kids get invited to the front and hold up training light sabers.
Yay! So happy hearing other kids get to do what my daughter did May 3. I loved all of it, including some fireworks I caught through the open roof in the marketplace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter