My Name Is NOT Broccoli!

Just wanted to brighten everyone's morning: I'm listening to DTunes on my computer and the MK Opening is playing. Good Morning! Good Morning!

Jill, I'll be praying for your friend. How scary, but good to hear she's on the mend.

And congrats to Jarvis! How exciting!!

I've been away from the boards for such a long time but got all caught up whilst you were enjoying your trip. It's like finding old friends again :goodvibes

Jill - it sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now, hope you can get some quiet time soon

Phew. My head is spinning reading about your schedule the last week. Take you time - you know we will all be here when you are ready to download pictures and start the TR.

Hope your friend recovers quickly:grouphug:

I think we will have a fun weekend. The times are rare when I have all my 'babies' together again, and I treasure it so much. :)

I have spent the last two days of lunchtime chasing down one of my fragile students. He wants to take a coloring book and crayons, but if he does, then five others do, too, and it's just a mess in the cafeteria, where they don't need more stuff going on. So, the assistant. principal told him he could not take it any more, but if he was good all week and didn't make a fuss, he could earn it for Friday. He's not able to reason like that, though, so off he ran again today. He was found in a bathroom stall and brought out by one of the special ed assistants kicking and screaming. He carried him to the office, and from the sound of his screams, you would have thought he lost way more than a coloring book. I finally got him to lunch, but he refused to eat. I fixed him a tray and left it in front of him, so we'll see. He has so many strikes against him, poor guy, but I tell you, it is not easy to deal with this kind of thing all year long. It wears on a person.

Good news about my home repairs - I think I am going to be able to do several things, so I am very excited about that! :dance3:

I think Jill deserves another vacation, don't you? Maybe one to just stay home and rest for two or three days? I may keep Brooklynn or both girls during my spring break, and she could have some time to herself or for her and John to go out to eat and to a movie. Maybe that would help a little.

Just wanted to brighten everyone's morning: I'm listening to DTunes on my computer and the MK Opening is playing. Good Morning! Good Morning!

Me too but " Just keep swimming" is on now. Lately that is all I listen too. It helps keep me in a better mood :)

. So, the ***'t. principal told him he could not take it any more, but if he was good all week and didn't make a fuss, he could earn it for Friday. .

I think you mean Assistant principal. ;) Taking shortcuts like can land you in the principal's office. :rolleyes::rotfl:

I think you mean Assistant principal. ;) Taking shortcuts like can land you in the principal's office. :rolleyes::rotfl:

uh oh! :rotfl:

I think Jill deserves another vacation, don't you? Maybe one to just stay home and rest for two or three days? I may keep Brooklynn or both girls during my spring break, and she could have some time to herself or for her and John to go out to eat and to a movie. Maybe that would help a little.

That's a nice idea to do for Jill. Is your spring break this month? Ours is the second to last week of April since Easter falls so late this year.

Congrats to Jarvis! That is so wonderful. It brightens my day when I find out someone is being baptized. I am glad you get to spend quality time with your family this weekend.
Boy, Jill's week sounds like mine. Raising two small children and having a career is a challenge. Luckily, my parents kept the kids this weekend. I got to do what I wanted on a rainy weekend. It is amazing how you forget how to relax. I just felt there was something missing all weekend.:rotfl:
Great idea about spring break. She will get a much needed break and you can have quality time with the girls.
My prayers are with Jill's friend. A pulmonary embolism is a very scary thing. I am glad she is better.
I am leaving on Friday!!! I cannot believe it. We are so excited.

Congratulations to Jarvis. Is his mother well enough to travel to see his baptism? How is she doing? If you are able to take pictures, please ask him if you can post one. I feel like he is part of the "family" and would love to be able to witness this blessed occasion.

It was good to see you again. Hope your husband didn't think we were crazy people....or axe murderers. Every time an 'online' friend meeting is mentioned, people think axe murderer! :laughing:

He knew he was with people that are as crazy about Disney as his DW. He does not understand it, but thankfully he goes along with it.

Me too but " Just keep swimming" is on now. Lately that is all I listen too. It helps keep me in a better mood :)

Corrected. :)

I bet Jill would love the quiet time, and I know you would love to have those beautiful grandchildren with you. It is funny, sometimes, the things I do when the kids go to granny's. Things like cleaning out a closet uninterrupted is heaven to me. Ellie isn't ready to venture off over night yet, but maybe in the next 6 months or so.

:yay: For lots of home repairs!!

Sorry about your student. It must be so hard dealing with that all year.:hug:

That is why I love the Disney trips so much. Getting to spend time with all my boys (DH included). I just love that family time & when we are home everyone is going different ways so it is so nice to have that time together. As they are getting older I know we will not get to have that much time very often.

I had a perfect class until Christmas break....
it was almost like the Stepford children.
Then I got a new one.
Let's just say I have a bit of a challenge in my day now.

Nothing like you are going through though.
I don't know how you do it.

Have fun with your kids next week and I think keeping the girls over your Spring Break sounds like a great idea for you and Jill!

I have spent the last two days of lunchtime chasing down one of my fragile students. He wants to take a coloring book and crayons, but if he does, then five others do, too, and it's just a mess in the cafeteria, where they don't need more stuff going on. So, the assistant. principal told him he could not take it any more, but if he was good all week and didn't make a fuss, he could earn it for Friday. He's not able to reason like that, though, so off he ran again today. He was found in a bathroom stall and brought out by one of the special ed assistants kicking and screaming. He carried him to the office, and from the sound of his screams, you would have thought he lost way more than a coloring book. I finally got him to lunch, but he refused to eat. I fixed him a tray and left it in front of him, so we'll see. He has so many strikes against him, poor guy, but I tell you, it is not easy to deal with this kind of thing all year long. It wears on a person.

:hug: Believe me I know how wearing it can be! It tells me you are a very caring teacher to do all that you did for him.

I assume that Trent is coming up to support Jarvis, what a good friend. How nice that you get to see him again so soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter