My Name Is NOT Broccoli!

20 centimeters of snow overnight and 10 more to go....and No snow day!

It's going to take a good 1/2 hour to clean off my car. :eek:

So ready for Spring!

:thumbsup2 for a new stove, dryer, flooring, tub skirt....:cool1:

My DMom has a long list of things to do around the house, I tell her one thing at a time and they will all get done eventually. :rotfl:

Hope Brooklynn is feeling better this morning. :hug:

I hope Brooklynn's eye is better this morning. There is nothing worse than a scratch on your eyeball. Do you have her eye-patched like a little pirate?

Brooklynn, i hope you feel better!!

So folks, I need Dis input. I am contemplating a few trips and can't do them all, so I need opinions.

The choices are:
*NYE Poly meet: would prob be a short trip since tickets & rooms are very pricey.

* Bday trip: My 30th birthday is on February 10th next year & was thinking of either a solo trip OR seeing if I could talk a friend into going with me.

* Spring Break 2012: I'd like to take my goddaughter on a trip, just her and I; depending on her family's plans, this may work.

Thoughts???? I've been pricing like crazy and am very confused.

Hello everyone! I've been gone a few days, but you all have been very busy on this thread! :goodvibes

I'm sorry that the real world hit you all with a vengence after returning from WDW, but I'm glad to hear that Jill's friend is doing better, Brooklyn is recovering from her eye injury, and that MeMom is getting to do some home improvement!

We had a very nice weekend, it was the annual Old Town Alexandria St. Patrick's Day parade on Saturday and it was a really good time. I was worried about how Everett would do, but much to my surprise he was completely mesmerized. I don't think I've ever seen him stand so still and concentrate on anything for so long! This gives me high hopes for catching some parades and shows during our upcoming trip.

I know that some of you live in Georgia near the Alabama border and in Alabama, are you anywhere near Huntsville? My DH is thinking about what he wants to do when he gets out of the Navy next year and mentioned Hunstville as a potential spot to move to. If you guys have any first hand experience with the area, I'd love to hear about it!

20 centimeters of snow overnight and 10 more to go....and No snow day!

It's going to take a good 1/2 hour to clean off my car. :eek:

So ready for Spring!

:thumbsup2 for a new stove, dryer, flooring, tub skirt....:cool1:

My DMom has a long list of things to do around the house, I tell her one thing at a time and they will all get done eventually. :rotfl:

Hope Brooklynn is feeling better this morning. :hug:

Sorry you are still having to deal with snow. We have a high of 43 here today, and it is gloomy, but no more snow for us, I am pretty sure. :thumbsup2

One thing at a time for me, too, except for this income tax (combined with the kindness of a church friend) is going to allow me to do more than one, so I am super excited. :goodvibes I work with his wife at camp - she's the nurse - and I have his boys there. I've cooked many a heaping high plate o' vittles for him to come by and pick up when they are all there and he's at home alone, so he's returning the small kindness in a huge way.

I hope Brooklynn's eye is better this morning. There is nothing worse than a scratch on your eyeball. Do you have her eye-patched like a little pirate?

Hope Brooklyn's eye is doing better! Poor baby! That stinks!

Poor Brooklynn! I hope she is feeling better this morning.

Ouchie! Poor baby :( Hope she feels better!

Oh No poor Brooklynn!! Hope she is feeling better!!!

Oh, poor Brooklyn! I hope she is feeling better real soon! :flower3:

It appears that she will live. Jill said she was fine this morning - not complaining. I talked to her on the phone, but she said she didn't want to talk about it. :laughing: She didn't want to relive the trauma, I guess. ;)

No pirate patch, declansdad, but she would look cute in one, I feel sure.

So folks, I need Dis input. I am contemplating a few trips and can't do them all, so I need opinions.

The choices are:
*NYE Poly meet: would prob be a short trip since tickets & rooms are very pricey.

* Bday trip: My 30th birthday is on February 10th next year & was thinking of either a solo trip OR seeing if I could talk a friend into going with me.

* Spring Break 2012: I'd like to take my goddaughter on a trip, just her and I; depending on her family's plans, this may work.

So, can you take on or two of those? If one, I would say spring break with the goddaughter. I want to take Brooklynn by herself sometime and just let it be all about her! I think we would have an awesome time together. If two, I'd add the NYE trip. Of course, a birthday trip with a friend would be a lot of fun, and it would get you out of the cold winter for a while.

I know - you are very grateful for my help, right? :upsidedow

Hello everyone! I've been gone a few days, but you all have been very busy on this thread! :goodvibes

I'm sorry that the real world hit you all with a vengence after returning from WDW, but I'm glad to hear that Jill's friend is doing better, Brooklyn is recovering from her eye injury, and that MeMom is getting to do some home improvement!

We had a very nice weekend, it was the annual Old Town Alexandria St. Patrick's Day parade on Saturday and it was a really good time. I was worried about how Everett would do, but much to my surprise he was completely mesmerized. I don't think I've ever seen him stand so still and concentrate on anything for so long! This gives me high hopes for catching some parades and shows during our upcoming trip.

I know that some of you live in Georgia near the Alabama border and in Alabama, are you anywhere near Huntsville? My DH is thinking about what he wants to do when he gets out of the Navy next year and mentioned Hunstville as a potential spot to move to. If you guys have any first hand experience with the area, I'd love to hear about it!

Jill would be the expert on that area.

I hope you do get to see some parades. Some people don't like them, but we do.

So glad you are getting to do a few things at your home, MeMom!! :cool1: I know you've been telling us for awhile you wanted to take care of a few things little by little, and more than one at a time I guess is just even better! Will it be done by your spring break so you can just enjoy your time with the girls and not worry about home improvement?

Glad Brooklynn is feeling better today. :goodvibes Hilarious that she didn't want to talk about it - guess it's all in the past now! :laughing:

Whacha want know? That's where I live! :)

Hi friends -

One of my New Years resolutions was to cut down on clutter & things I don't use. *Being that it's March already I thought I should get cracking on that. :)

I have a craft closet in an embarrassing state of affairs. *I have lots of stamping sets that are cute but I've either never used them or barely have. *The company I bought them from doesn't allow reselling on eBay, etc but I thought i would offer them to my Dis friends. *Not to sell but to give away! *When I get home tonight I'm making an inventory of what I want to give away & pictures if anyones interested. *I'd be happy to mail them to you.

If you stamp for making cards, scrapbooking, etc these are perfect. *Again, they're all cute but I just don't use them - they should live with someone who wants them. :)

Send me a PM if you're interested! *I'll post pictures on my TR (that is also a sad state of affairs but that's a different story). :)

So glad you are getting to do a few things at your home, MeMom!! :cool1: I know you've been telling us for awhile you wanted to take care of a few things little by little, and more than one at a time I guess is just even better! Will it be done by your spring break so you can just enjoy your time with the girls and not worry about home improvement?

Glad Brooklynn is feeling better today. :goodvibes Hilarious that she didn't want to talk about it - guess it's all in the past now! :laughing:

There are many things that need to be done around here. The kitchen floor and bedrooms have like 40 year old carpet. Threadbare is a real thing around here. ;) I'm sure it'll take him about a month to do it, because he's fitting me in when he can.

It won't matter what the house looks likes for Brooklynn being here. All she needs is a TV, plenty of Disney DVD's, and some popsicles. :goodvibes

Hi friends -

One of my New Years resolutions was to cut down on clutter & things I don't use. *Being that it's March already I thought I should get cracking on that. :)

I have a craft closet in an embarrassing state of affairs. *I have lots of stamping sets that are cute but I've either never used them or barely have. *The company I bought them from doesn't allow reselling on eBay, etc but I thought i would offer them to my Dis friends. *Not to sell but to give away! *When I get home tonight I'm making an inventory of what I want to give away & pictures if anyones interested. *I'd be happy to mail them to you.

If you stamp for making cards, scrapbooking, etc these are perfect. *Again, they're all cute but I just don't use them - they should live with someone who wants them. :)

Send me a PM if you're interested! *I'll post pictures on my TR (that is also a sad state of affairs but that's a different story). :)

I'm sure you'll have some eager takers on your offer.

The choices are:

Tough choices.
If you are looking price wise the Bday trip would be the cheapest I think. Taking your goddaughter would be a special trip too.

The NYE trip would be short but fun since we can all get together.

Yup, I am no help at all. :upsidedow

Yay for the remodeling at your house! It feels so good to get something accomplished!

Jill said John has been wanting to try out the sanding/painting deal that you guys did in your kitchen, so I think he's going to use my bathroom counter as a guinea pig.

Getting a new stove alone is happiness for me. This old one is a sight to behold, and not a pretty one. I have had to juggle things back and forth to keep everything cooked and warmed on just two burners for a long time, and I have to cover it up when we have parties, because it's just so cruddy looking.

Tough choices.
If you are looking price wise the Bday trip would be the cheapest I think. Taking your goddaughter would be a special trip too.

The NYE trip would be short but fun since we can all get together.

Yup, I am no help at all. :upsidedow

That's two 'no help at all' pieces of advice. She came to the right place! :laughing:

I vote for all three trips. ;)

It is finally Friday, friends!
I hope you all have an awesome day and an incredible weekend.

Yeah! It's Friday and I have a day off!!! :surfweb:

But...I have lots of cleaning to do and a few errands...and its raining...:upsidedow

From snow to rain. :confused: Crazy Mother Nature! She can't make up her mind! :laughing:

Are you going to have the new stove for this weekend?

If not I'm sure you will give the "old" one a good send off with all the yummy food your planning to fix for all the crew. :)

Will there be Mickey waffles? ;)

When does everyone arrive?

I'm sure you can't wait to hug everyone. :flower3:

DWGal210 How kind of you to offer your stamps to our fellow DIS Friends.
I'm not much of a crafter anymore but I'm sure there's lots of others who would love them.
Just wanted to say it was a nice thing to do.

Jill said John has been wanting to try out the sanding/painting deal that you guys did in your kitchen, so I think he's going to use my bathroom counter as a guinea pig.

I hope he does it for you MeMom. I have had it on my list since I saw Anita's pics of her new counters.

EDIT: This didn't quote like I wanted it to. I guess I'll never learn! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter