My Magic Kingdom wedding pictures are out of focus!! *Finally, a resolution*

Hope they can give you a refund. It seems like the only reasonable option left. And as a company that prides itself on making their guests happy and hoping for our repeat business they have to make this situation right.

You were right in asking for a full refund.

I spoke with Disney this morning, and have asked for a full refund of the portrait session. I was told Disney doesn't do refunds. She offered to redo the photo shoot, to give me a photo credit, to Photoshop a portrait of us in front castle...

I made the point that we're planning an international move in the summer and will not be in North America for several years. I do not have the money to fly to Florida right now, and chances are good we will not be going anytime in the next few years. I also stood firm in saying I didn't want a photo credit to print any of the images that were in focus, and that I have sufficient skills to do Photoshop work myself.

I don't think asking for a refund is out of line. I paid for something I didn't receive. I'm not asking for anything punitive, or for any real compensation for the fact that Disney messed up my wedding pictures. I'm not making threats about suing or any other demands. I'm asking for my money back for something that wasn't delivered.

She did make the point that 1/2 the images were actually in focus, and I made the counter argument that none of the castle shots were usable. Now that I'm off the phone, I would like to make the additional point that delivering half a product is not okay. You don't buy half a car, go on half a vacation, or get half a meal at a restaurant.

Now, to give Disney credit there were no more offers to "fix" the images and she was very upfront in saying that her photographers saw exactly what I saw. She also apologized, which was appreciated.

So the long and short of things is that nothing is resolved. Again. She is going to management to see if a refund can be arranged and will be getting back to me. Hopefully by phone today or by e-mail in the next few days.
This is EXTREMELY worrisome that they are acting like this, Disney shouldn't accept sub-par anything, let alone make you have to fight to get your money back for an extremely crappy shoot...Keep us updated :/

I'm so sorry that the call wasn't productive, Ember. They absolutely owe you a full refund in this situation. My husband has been a wedding/portrait photographer for years and would never dream of treating a client in this manner. Most self-employed professional photographers have insurance for just this type of thing; it's inconceivable that a company as large and wealthy as Disney is even attempting to get out of refunding your money.

Please keep us posted. :hug:

If they can't refund you directly, you might ask for a complete refund in PhotoPass credit. Your Disney pictures will be paid for for years and years!!! :rotfl:

And offering to photoshop a picture of you in front of the castle? That's ridiculous!!!!! If you wanted a photoshopped castle picture, you wouldn't have paid to have the pictures taken in front of the castle.

I'm hoping you get a refund. But if you have or are starting a family and there are going to be more Disney vacations in your future, you might go for the photo credit. Just make sure that it doesn't expire!

I think the photo credit was towards having prints from the MK shoot, not to be used for photopass... But I don't really want a lot of prints of the other images, I'm not one for a ton of wedding pictures around the house anyway. And I agree that if I wanted a Photoshopped image I never would have had the shoot to start with.

I'm getting to the point where I'm feeling extremely frustrated. I knew full well you couldn't post-process the focus in but I went with it thinking it must be part of the process for dealing with complaints. But this is getting silly. It's like they are desperate to hold onto my money and offer me things I don't need or want. If the complaint was that I just didn't like the photos, that would be one thing. But they're out of focus!

I don't see what's so hard about refunding money when they screwed up so badly. I'm going to stand firm on this, because I think I'm in the right. But I'm very disappointed that I'm having to fight like this. Personally, I feel I'm being quite reasonable in asking for nothing beyond my money back, considering the importance of the photos they screwed up.

Disney has refunded tickets for less hassle than what you're going through, and for subjective reasons with little to no proof. Your proof is the obviously out of focus pictures, so it would seem that a refund should be easily obtained. :confused3

Hopefully this gets resolved soon; keep formulating your arguments! Good luck!

I am now at the third unsuccessful meeting. :mad:

Disney came back with an offer of a $300 reprint credit, and they are willing to refund the $100 for the disk. Their reasoning is that half the images are in focus. I was told Disney does not do refunds in any case, and that it had been three years. So I asked if I has spent $1000 and noticed the focus issues three years ago would it have made a difference? No, they still would not have offered a refund.

I stood my ground that this was not acceptable. I now have a meeting with the photography manager on Wednesday. :headache:

I am not at the third unsuccessful meeting. :mad:

Disney came back with an offer of a $300 reprint credit, and they are willing to refund the $100 for the disk. Their reasoning is that half the images are in focus. I was told Disney does not do refunds in any case, and that it had been three years. So I asked if I has spent $1000 and noticed the focus issues three years ago would it have made a difference? No, they still would not have offered a refund.

I stood my ground that this was not acceptable. I now have a meeting with the photography manager on Wednesday. :headache:

Hang in there. You are completely in the right, and I hope the manager will see it your way. :hug:

I am now at the third unsuccessful meeting. :mad:

I agree, hang in there. I feel so bad for you to have to fight like this!

Don't back down, they haven't delivered on what they were contracted for.

This really is too much of a hassle for something out of your control. It is not a matter of your not liking the photos. I could see refusing a refund for not liking them.

This is simply bad workmanship on the part of the photographer. Disney is responsible for the ability of the people they hired and REQUIRED you to use for the photo shoot. They need to take responsibility for their employee messing up!

I honestly didn't think this would turn into what it has. I get not wanting to set a precedent for refunding money, as that could potentially open a whole can of worms with refunds being demanded. But for goodness sake, they messed up, they made a mistake (which they acknowledge!), and if this sort of thing is happening regularly enough that they think refunding someone's money in the case of OUT OF FOCUS pictures will set a precedent they need to reevaluate their photography team!

I am very disappointed in Disney and how this is being handled. The entire attitude of "yes, but look, we gave you 1/2 the pictures in focus" is infuriating. Half doesn't cut it!! :mad::sad2:

Thousands of couples a year trust Disney with their wedding day, they pay a small fortune for products and services, and I can't believe this is the response when they screw something up. :scared:

I'm really sorry that you're going through this. :hug: I completely agree with you. They need to man up to their mistakes. You did your part, you gave them your money. Now they need to make up for not providing you the service that you wanted. I'm sure when you set it up you didn't say I would like half the pictures in focus please. I know it's frustrating, but maybe keep taking this thing higher and higher and hopefully someone there will have some sense of right and wrong and refund you your money.

There reaches a point where you have to threaten to sue. I don't know how the in-park photo sessions work since i haven't had one myself yet, but I do know that if there is a contract and even if it says you cannot sue for a refund, you can.

Wit the threat of a suit, and bad publicity, it may be more likely to get your refund out of them for the full amount.

I know you've heard it all throughout this post, but I'm sorry you're having to go through this. I agree with the previous poster. There does come a point when you have to threaten to sue. In my opinion, if the meeting with the photographer manager does not go well, that would be the point for me. I work in a field that deals with customer service on a daily basis. Pulling the "I'm going to sue you" card at the first meeting isn't always the best move...shows you're irrational and not allowing for the company to realize they made an error and discuss with their management how they are going to deal with it. Meeting with the photographer manager is the point where I would vocalize the idea of a law suit if you do not get what you deserve. If you pay for a product, you should get that product. At the very least, refunding the percentage of the amount you paid for the photos taken that were out of focus (i.e. if 10 of 20 photos taken were out of focus, 50% of the money should be refunded).

There reaches a point where you have to threaten to sue. I don't know how the in-park photo sessions work since i haven't had one myself yet, but I do know that if there is a contract and even if it says you cannot sue for a refund, you can.

Wit the threat of a suit, and bad publicity, it may be more likely to get your refund out of them for the full amount.

I agree with the previous poster. There does come a point when you have to threaten to sue. In my opinion, if the meeting with the photographer manager does not go well, that would be the point for me. I work in a field that deals with customer service on a daily basis. Pulling the "I'm going to sue you" card at the first meeting isn't always the best move...shows you're irrational and not allowing for the company to realize they made an error and discuss with their management how they are going to deal with it. Meeting with the photographer manager is the point where I would vocalize the idea of a law suit if you do not get what you deserve. If you pay for a product, you should get that product. At the very least, refunding the percentage of the amount you paid for the photos taken that were out of focus (i.e. if 10 of 20 photos taken were out of focus, 50% of the money should be refunded).

*sigh*

After the fourth phone call, and speaking with the manager of the photo department, the issue has now been resolved. Much like other issues that have happened where problems occur, I have been asked not to say anything other than things have been settled.

I am okay with the resolution and glad to put this behind me.

I only hope that no other couple ever has to go through the disappointment of seeing out of focus wedding photos or through the process of trying to settle a dispute like this. Maybe I was too naive, but I honestly didn't think this would be so challenging.

All that said, I'm happy it's over.

Thank you so much for the support. I can't tell you how many times I re-read responses to reassure myself to keep pushing for a resolution I thought was acceptable. :hug: You guys really did give me the strength and confidence to keep going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter