My Magic Kingdom wedding pictures are out of focus!! *Finally, a resolution*

That's great news, it gives me a little more confidence with DPS again.

I really hope you are happy with the result after all of this. Pictures are so important to me so I deeply felt your pain! best wishes for you both!

I really hope you are happy with the result after all of this. Pictures are so important to me so I deeply felt your pain! best wishes for you both!

I am happy the issue is resolved, and I am merely okay with the result. Were I to ever have another Disney event, I would not even consider using their photography services, and had I any insight into these future events, I never would have used them at all three years ago. When all is said and done, I still deeply regret having a MK portrait session - the only real regret I have about my wedding.

I know you can't have what you originally wanted, but I'm glad somethings has finally been resolved. Good luck with your overseas move in the future!

Ember,
I am glad you got some sort of resolution to the problem. Nothing could ever replace your wedding pictures but hopefully, you can rest knowing you did everything you could do to resolve the issue. There is nothing worse than losing pictures to a once in a lifetime event.
Thinking about that brought to mind a story. Many years ago when I was a kid my dad took me to see Elvis. Yes, I am THAT old (been married for 25 years...sigh). Anyway, I told you earlier that I loved photography...always have. My dad got us seats on the floor to see him and I took my camera in. I was only 10 at the time but I took an entire roll of 36 pics. When we went to pick them up they were missing. Never found them. They compensated us by giving us a free roll of film. WOW! I remember crying and crying over my lost pictures...to this day it still makes me feel sad.
Best of luck and much happiness to you and your DH as you make plans to move overseas.
Happy Thanksgiving!

TTFN
Darlene

I am happy the issue is resolved, and I am merely okay with the result. Were I to ever have another Disney event, I would not even consider using their photography services, and had I any insight into these future events, I never would have used them at all three years ago. When all is said and done, I still deeply regret having a MK portrait session - the only real regret I have about my wedding.

Ember,

I'm so sorry that you are only "merely O.K." with the result.:hug:
It's sad because we think of Disney as a company of such great guest service. From what I've read on here, DPS has fallen short in the guest service area more than once. It's nice that they are improving the product, but it would be equally as nice if they would improve their guest service.

Ember,

I'm so sorry that you are only "merely O.K." with the result.:hug:
It's sad because we think of Disney as a company of such great guest service. From what I've read on here, DPS has fallen short in the guest service area more than once. It's nice that they are improving the product, but it would be equally as nice if they would improve their guest service.

Thank you. (And thanks to everyone else for the well wishes.) :hug:

I understand the reasoning behind Disney's position of insisting that resolutions in cases were issues arise be kept confidential. They don't want anyone to know that problems have occurred and want to ensure that people aren't able to come to them saying, "But you did ___ last time this happened." But in a way it's almost sad.

So many people are so loyal to Disney (me included) and it's hard to hear of them messing up. But when they do, it would be nice to know that they live up to their reputation of excellent customer service. I am still rather saddened by the fact that I had to fight at all, as I did nothing wrong. I truly expected more of Disney.

Anyway, as I've told my husband, Disney and I are currently "on the outs." I've already decided that the possible trip in the spring I was trying to make work will not be happening, nor do I think there will be any more trips to any Disney in the near future (we were also in the process of trying to do Paris and Tokyo). I'm sure it won't last forever, as the Disney urge will get the better of me at some point (there is no point in trying to deny it!), but right now I'm satisfied to know that their fight over a few hundred dollars will cost them a few thousand in my business over the next while. It may be petty, but I'm a dedicated traveler and there are many other places to see, and right now I think the magic would feel a little tarnished so there's no point.

Right now I'm thinking of NYC in March... Anyone got any travel tips??

Anyway, as I've told my husband, Disney and I are currently "on the outs." I've already decided that the possible trip in the spring I was trying to make work will not be happening, nor do I think there will be any more trips to any Disney in the near future (we were also in the process of trying to do Paris and Tokyo). I'm sure it won't last forever, as the Disney urge will get the better of me at some point (there is no point in trying to deny it!), but right now I'm satisfied to know that their fight over a few hundred dollars will cost them a few thousand in my business over the next while. It may be petty, but I'm a dedicated traveler and there are many other places to see, and right now I think the magic would feel a little tarnished so there's no point.

Right now I'm thinking of NYC in March... Anyone got any travel tips??

I totally agree with your approach to future Disney trips for now. I think when Disney messes up is when we (collectively as Disney Followers) go and explore other worlds taking our dollars elsewhere.

As for NYC...check your inbox...my list is long and distinguished!!! :woohoo:

I am so sorry to read all this and I'd act the same way. We're honeymooning in Hawaii, Hawaii in March would be nice if NYC doesn't pan out :)

Ember
It is really very sad that this has left you feeling this way, but I am sure that I would feel the same. It seems that Disney got their money from you, and couldn't give a damn about anything else!! The magic has just gone for you now.
I know that you cannot discuss the specifics of what happened, but I wonder whether you were asked by Disney, at any point, what would be a satisfactory conclusion for you. I know that nothing could make this alright for you (nothing could ever replace those precious photos), but were your feelings about what was 'satisfactory' ever considered or even asked about?

I know that you cannot discuss the specifics of what happened, but I wonder whether you were asked by Disney, at any point, what would be a satisfactory conclusion for you. I know that nothing could make this alright for you (nothing could ever replace those precious photos), but were your feelings about what was 'satisfactory' ever considered or even asked about?

Yes, I was very clear that the compromise reached left a bad taste in my mouth. It felt like they were doing the very minimum possible to make me go away, and I was at the point where I didn't want to fight anymore.

As I told management when they asked if I visited Disney regularly: it is precious to me. It was the first vacation I ever took with my mom when I was a kid, the first trip I ever took with my now husband 13 years ago, it's where I went to celebrate my engagement, were I was married, where I went for the last trip I ever took with my mom after she was diagnosed with terminal cancer, and the place I went after she died to sooth my heart. To be in an adversarial position with Disney felt very threatening emotionally. So many people have stories like mine, and I think it makes us very unwilling to see anything but the good in Disney.

So, yes, they know that the resolution was not what I felt it should have been. While the words they spoke were very polite, they clearly didn't care and were glad to be done with me.

I feel the same way about Disney - it is an extremely precious part of my life and a strong bond shared by me and my children. I can imagine how you let down and disappointed you must be feeling. I hope things take a turn for the better soon!! :hug:

I've already decided that the possible trip in the spring I was trying to make work will not be happening, nor do I think there will be any more trips to any Disney in the near future (we were also in the process of trying to do Paris and Tokyo).

Oh no! Don't give up on Tokyo Disney - it's not even owned by Disney! Seriously, Tokyo DisneySea is the best theme park in the world, and Japan is an amazing place to visit. Anything you don't like about the US Disney parks has been eradicated by Oriental Land Co. at the Japanese parks, and everything you do like is magnified times 10. Here, read this trip report! :goodvibes

Oh no! Don't give up on Tokyo Disney - it's not even owned by Disney! Seriously, Tokyo DisneySea is the best theme park in the world, and Japan is an amazing place to visit. Anything you don't like about the US Disney parks has been eradicated by Oriental Land Co. at the Japanese parks, and everything you do like is magnified times 10. Here, read this trip report! :goodvibes

Okay, I promise not to give up on Tokyo, seeing as it's owned by someone else. :upsidedow Besides, to be fair, I've been to Disney Paris a few times so it's easy to give up on that one for a bit. Tokyo is all new and tantalizing.

Ember, I am so deeply sorry about what happened with your MK pictures and that Disney has done so little to make it right. I completely understand your decision to move beyond Disney for your vacations right now. Unfortunately, I have also had some negative experiences with Disney lately (DVC specifically) and it has changed how loyal I once was to their company. I truly wish things could have been different and that they had done more for you. It is saddening to hear reports like this. Best of luck to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter