My Magic Kingdom wedding pictures are out of focus!! *Finally, a resolution*

Ember, I am so sorry for everything that you went through with your MK pictures and I completely understand your dissatisfaction with Disney and the way they handle complaints.

My DH and I were married last month and, to make a long story short, housekeeping at Bay Lake Tower came into our hotel room 3 hours before check-out and cleaned out our room, throwing out my cake topper, the top tier of our cake, and my bouquet. We were later presented with smashed boxes of cake and my bouquet (all having been removed from the garbage) but not before the housekeeper who was in the room stole the rhinestone cuffs from my flowers, which were never recovered.

Disney's solution was "oops, we're sorry" and wanted no part in replacing the items or providing any sort of compensation for damages. I'm still fighting with them about the situation and it's been nothing but a nightmare. I have been going to Disney since I was three and my family have been DVC members since 1992 and I am floored and beyond disappointed with the way that Disney has handled the situation!

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that you're not alone! I'm so sorry for everything you went through!

As a photographer, I really can't see how Disney charges what they do - for the quality of work.
Not only on their wedding and special event photography - but also on the special shoots you can purchase through the resort hotels (shot on the grounds of the hotel)
I thought about doing one for DW and I on one of our previous trips, but after looking through the portfolio on the PhotoPass desk, I quickly decided against it.
The lighting in the photos was horrible, the poses were not at all natural, and the price was astronomical - more than the cost of a photopass CD.

In no disrespect at all to the OP - it isn't even the focus that I would be so upset about - it would be the lighting and the pose!
A good filter in edit software can distract from focus or possibly even correct bad lighting with more technical editing process - but nothing can change poor posing by the photographer!

Boo to Disney's wedding photography! Certainly not as magical as it should be!

In no disrespect at all to the OP - it isn't even the focus that I would be so upset about - it would be the lighting and the pose!
A good filter in edit software can distract from focus or possibly even correct bad lighting with more technical editing process - but nothing can change poor posing by the photographer!

Boo to Disney's wedding photography! Certainly not as magical as it should be!

No disrespect taken! I couldn't agree more. However, I wouldn't have complained if I simply hadn't liked the photos. I agree 100% that they're pretty bad, but I was hoping that some serious post processing could save at least a few of them. But then I got the high res images and what do you know, they're out of focus! Great...

(Luckily, our actual wedding photos are a thousand times better and I delight in looking at them now.)

Crystalllize, I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles. It is RIDICULOUS that you are going through this. Particularly because, just like my situation, Disney is clearly at fault and it the wrong.

One needs to be careful while hiring photographers for any occasion especially for a wedding because beautifully captured moments are the ones that will help to cherish the moment. Make sure that the photographer is experienced. Select the photographer based on his skills and work experience.

One needs to be careful while hiring photographers for any occasion especially for a wedding because beautifully captured moments are the ones that will help to cherish the moment. Make sure that the photographer is experienced. Select the photographer based on his skills and work experience.

In this situation you have no control over who you pick, it is completely up to Disney. They really need to do something about this and hire professionals capable of taking beautiful shots as everyone is right, they are not inexpensive in the least!

Stop trolling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter