My live trip report!!

Aww, congratulations, that is fantastic news. :)

You should definately go for a Disney wedding, I was talked out of it, and still regret it, though I did get a pink Cinderella style dress. :haha:

Can't wait to read your trippie, I'm sure you had a fab time. :)

We got up early today as we had a breakfast reservation at Donald's Safari. It was very hot today again. We got to Animal Kingdom at about 8:30am and got straight in. We took a few pictures before heading to the Tusker house.

This was my first time here as the first time I went it wasn't here, and the second we didn't get around to it. I thought it was a lovely park.

We got to the Tusker house and queued up as Donald was outside for pictures. The kids love donald so the photos we got were lovely.

We were seated first and the waiter got us some drinks, then we got up to get our breakfast which was very nice!

We saw Donald, Mickey, Goofy and Daisy. Alyssa's favourite is Daisy and we got up to do the march dance, the smiles on their faces was brilliant.

After breakfast we spent the day in the park. Well, I say day, we went home at about 1 as it was so hot again.

We went on everything we could go on with Alyssa being under 40", including Kali river rapids which was fab! If a little short.

There were rabbits all over the place today!

We got a fast pass for the safari as soon as we finished breakfast and by the time we came back the animals were still out and it was brilliant! I wasn't expecting the 'drama' on the way so that was good! Alyssa was so chuffed that we saved the elephant from the poachers she has only just stopped going on about it bless her.

Our last attraction of the days was 'It's tough to be a bug' which was great and on the way out we saw Flic, Baloo, Rafiki, Turk and Timon.

We came back to POP and spent the rest of the day round the pool and chilling in our room.

Pictures of today are here.

Next, Clearwater!

Today we got up very early, as we had to have breakfast and get to CBR for 8:20am. We ended up getting a taxi as I'm not a morning person and couldn't stomach getting two buses that early in the morning! lol It didn't cost much so all was fine!

We got there at about 8am so we had a quick look around then waited for our bus. It was bang on time and we were soon on our way. It was very comfy and clean and we had films on tv's since it took quite a while to get there.

The tourguide was very funny and helpful and called me mad for taking the kids to Florida on my own lol.

We got to clearwater at about 11 I think and ate the provided lunch. We chose fish and chips but it's nothing like it is here! I was craving proper fish and chips by the time we got back lol.

We then headed to the beach, which was an ordeal as I wanted to go to the part of the beach nearest the dolphin cruise which was about a 20 minute walk from where the restaurant was. Bearing in mind I had a big bag full of towels and water and two children to hold, I was a bit fed up by the time we found a spot lol.

Today is was 42 degrees! And I admit I got burnt today. It was so hot it was unreal.

We played on the beach and went in the very warm sea for a bit, then before we knew it, it was time for our cruise!

We made the short walk to the dolphin cruise (and left a towel at our spot on the beach so no one would steal it, which I then totally forgot about so came home one towel short!).

We boarded on time and there was an upstairs and shady downstairs so we got to have a break from the heat for a while. I had my first corn dog on the boat and enjoyed it very much!

We got to see lots of dolphins but I only managed to get a few rubbish pics, as I had to hold both of the kids at the bit where we could see them (low sides, can't trust them not to jump over!) so didn't have a free hand for the camera.

It was brilliant, and at the end hundreds of birds came up to the boat and the crew gave us all loads of bread to feed them with. They weren't scared of us at all and ate it from our hands, which the kids thought was amazing.

After we'd finished the cruise we just had a stroll. I didn't want to go back on the beach as we didn't really have long enough left to relax before the coach came back so we found a park near the tourist place the kids could play in. We did go into the tourist place to get out of the hear for a bit and the lovely lady in there gave use all necklaces and biscuits and was chatting to the kids so long we almost forgot the time! Luckily the coach was right outside so we could see it, and we were then on our way back.

I did cheekily ask the driver if he could drop us off at POP not CBR since we were the only ones who were being dropped of at CBR anyway, but he was lovely and he did so he got a good tip, plus the money I saved on the taxi I would have had to get from the CBR.

We didn't get back until 7pm and we were shattered (even though we did nothing!) so we thought it best to give 1900 Park Fare a miss tonight. We can do it another time. :)

Pics of today are here

Tomorrow, Typhoon Lagoon.

It was quite cool today but it had rained last night so that's probably why, plus the fact we were walking around wet in swimsuits lol.

The first thing we did today was go on the lazy river which was a feat to say the least! Me trying to get into a ring while getting Alyssa into a small one and trying to help Cameron get into another one. We took at least 10 minuted trying to actually get in!

It was awkward trying to keep hold of them both but it was still a nice relaxing half hour or so.

There weren't many rides we could go on as a three so we'll have to do that next time but we did go on the family rapids which was fun.

There's not really that much to write about today. We spent half a day here then spent the rest of the day at the resort. It was a nice day, not too hot, not too cold.

The few pictures of today are here

Tomorrow is Magic Kingdom!

Now before we went to this park, I thought this was my least favourite Disney park, but by the end of the day it was definitely my favourite!

We spent the whole day here, which was a first this holiday.

We got to MK at rope drop and saw the opening performance which was brilliant.

Our first attraction was Monster's Inc laugh floor, which set us up for the day. I absolutely loved this and can't wait to go again, it was so funny.

We'd collected our fastpass for the Buzz Lightyear ride before this so we went straight on it afterwards. We all liked this ride, although we did get stuck halfway through, but that meant I got 100's of thousands of points shooting the same target when we were stationary lol.

Next was toontown fair where we visited Mickey and Minnie's houses and went on the goofy ride, which was surprisingly fast!

We went to the photospot at one point infront of Splash Mountain and were surprised when Woody and Jessie came up saying they were doter pictures there. Since they'd just arrived no one was around so they spent ages with my two which was lovely.

There are so many fantastic photo opportunities in this park and got the most pictures (mine and photpass) here.

Next was the Haunted mansion. I love this ride!! It's just brilliant. The queue said it was 25 minutes, and although I hadn't planned on queuing at all, we just had to go on this one so we waited and it only took around 15 minutes tops.

This is now one of my favourite rides, and I can't wait to go back on it again. The kids loved the ghost at the end and Cameron, for the rest of the day, kept going on about the ghost following us home lol.

Pirates of the Caribbean was next too, and we also enjoyed this. I've always strangely loved the queues at certain rides. To me the rides start when you start queuing! Mad I know lol.

I also wasn't planning on watching any parades, but when we saw Aladdin and Jasmine and started queuing for pics, they said they would be back after the parade, so we sat near where they'd come back and watched the parade. And I'm so glad we did! I wasn't expecting it to be good at all but it was. Nearly all of the characters came up to us and either hugged or kissed the kids, and most of them winked and waved at Alyssa, who was wearing her Snow White dress and birthday badge. It was definitely one of the highlights and next time I'll make sure we set aside some time to watch another parade.

Next was the snow white ride, then onto it's a small world. I've missed some out but apart from the mountains, we pretty much did everything in MK today. We loved it, my feet didn't! I could barely walk when we got back to the resort and the next day my feet were still sore too, but it was worth it. :D

Pictures from MK are here

Tomorrow, Downtown Disney and POP.

Today was more of a rest day, so not too much to tell. We started off taking a walk around POP to see the resort and got some pics by birth years of myself, Ben, my mum and my late dad.

We found the park and spent a little time there then hopped onto the bus to DD.

Disney Quest was a bit of a disappointment to be honest, there wasn't as much as I thought there would be there, but it was still ok. We went into the big Disney store of course, and I spent quite a bit of money there!

Mainly we just had a look around and did some shopping.

We got back to POP and spent the rest of the day at the pool.

Tomorrow, very long, but good, day at US and IOA!

We had a breakfast with Spiderman this morning (and cat in the hat, thing1 and thing2) so we were up early. We got a taxi to Universal and arrived at about 8:30. Unlike Disney, breakfasts don't start until 9 so we weren't allowed in any earlier.

We got in bang on 9 and arrived at Confisco Grille. Cameron was in his spiderman costume and Alyssa as Cinderella.

Cat in the Hat was waiting inside for us for pictures and was playing with the kids and dancing.

Today was just amazing! We were in the little foyer and everyone was waiting to be let in when Cameron said he needed the loo. So I asked if we could nip in so he could go and we were let in.

On our way someone jumped out for a pillar and scared me to death. Yes, it was Spiderman! He was hiding ready for people to come in but we found him! We stood chatting to him, the only ones in the restaurant, and he told Cameron he had to help him today and be his double. He was fantastic with the kids. Cameron told him he knew his real name and Spiderman got all shifty ad told him to keep it between the two of them, their little secret. Cameron's face was a picture and he was in awe.

When we got back from the loo people were being seated so we sat down and I went to get our breakfast. There was loads to choose from and we ended up having seconds. Spiderman came round to our table twice! He really was fantastic, and sorry to say to all the Disney lovers but he was by far the best character we met on holiday. He spent ages chatting away like we were the only people in the room, no rushing, answering questions and making jokes. It really was fantastic.

Thing 1 and Thing 2 then came round to our table and stole cameron's spiderman mask! They tried it on but their heads were too big so they got the hump and started throwing a tantrum lol. So funny.

After breakfast we went to Toon Lagoon for a bit, posing under the signs. There weren't many rides we could go on today but there was lots to do.

We went to the Jurassic Discovery centre which was quite cool. We saw a baby raptor being born! lol

I also tricked Cameron to go and stand in the splash zone of the river adventure lol Bless him he got soaked but loved it.

He also did some rock climbing. He is very small for his age and I didn't think he's get to the top but he did ad was very chuffed with himself.

We went on the pteradon (sp) flyers. We almost couldn't get on as it was in pairs, but a member of staff agreed to go and sit behind Cameron in his flyer and I was behind with Alyssa so that was lovely of him.

All day long Cameron was getting people shouting at him 'Look it's spiderman', 'Hey Spidey', 'Yo, spiderman!' lol. I guess not many people dress up in Universal so people noticed it more. It did start to annoy Cameron towards the end of the day but I think he secretly loved all the attention lol

We walked across the bridge and saw the progress on the Harry Potter land. It looks great and I can't wait to go back to see it. The next attraction was poseiden's fury (I think...) which was brilliant.

Onto Suess Landing. We did everything here, then went onto Universal!

It was about 2pm by now. I can't remember where we ate now lol.

As soon as we arrived we bumped into Diego (Dora's cousin) and got some pics.

Then it was twister, which was good but scared Cameron a bit lol. I think it was a bit too realistic, he was worried it was a real hurricane and it was coming for us bless him.

We got some pics next to the big city backdrops then went on Jaws!

The queue was quite long but it was doable, even after walking around all day. We were seated on the left side of the boat so got the best view, and again Cameron got scared lol. I've got some video clips of his reaction and we all laugh our heads to them! lol

We tried today to get on Spiderman and Simpsons but Alyssa was just a fraction too small so we'll have to wait to do them next time.

We ended by having a splash in the black and white swirly floor fountain. I'm sure I remember this a much bigger with no bars lol.

We got a taxi straight away and headed back to POP, and I think we pretty much went straight to sleep.

Today's pics are here

Tomorrow, dinner at T-Rex.

Another rest day so not many pics or things to tell. We spent the morning at POP and took a few pics, then made our way to DD for our lunch ressie at T-Rex.

The atmosphere was brilliant and inside was huge and amazing.

We sat down just as the lights went down and the dinosaurs came to life! This freaked Alyssa out the first couple of times but she soon started to enjoy it happening every 20 minutes.

We were served by a very patient waiter, and were not rushed at all during our meal.

I ordered the ribs and chicken, which I didn't even come close to finishing! The kids had the 3 in 1 meals, and I had two drinks. I can't remember the names, but one had Lava in the title and the other had malibu and rum in it. lol

For dessert we had the massive family chocolate/ice-cream platter. It had 4 bowls of ice cream, 4 massive chocolate cakes, and a container in the middle shaped like a volcano in the middle with dry ice in it so it came out smoking.

It was a very nice meal but I did eat too much and felt it later on!

Back to POP to chill some more, and get some much needed rest.

Pics here

We missed this the day I had planned to go, and were worried we wouldn't fit it in, but since we did both IOA and US in one day, we had a day free so went today.

The rush to Toy Story was absolutely mental! Nearly every person in the park bolted straight for it! Now we were pretty fast getting there, and were one of the first families in the park but our fastpass was still 11am! lol

After getting the fastpasses, we bumped into some soldiers from the film who were very funny and stayed in character really well.

We got some pics infront of tower of terror and rock and roller coaster even though we couldn't get on them. :(

After that, we made our way to the Muppets 3D show. I'd forgotten how funny this was.

We went to the Honey I shrunk the kids' tv set, and after playing there for a while we came out to see the Power rangers pulling up! My camera batteries died on me at this point so I could only take a couple of pics on my phone before I replaced them and of course I still got photoass pics throughout the day too.

After this we went on the Backlot tour. I didn't really know much about this so didn't know what I was expecting but it was great.

At this point we were hungry and trying to find somewhere to eat when we see Mike and Sulley from Monsters inc. Got some pics myself but also some photopass pics.

Now, we had booked Mama Melrose for this park before, but cancelled it when I had to cut back, but we were hungry and I really did want to try this place so we got a walk in. :)

I've got to say, this is one of my favourite places to eat. The meal was mouthwatering, just perfect. Our waiter was fab and got a very good tip lol. I am definitely eating here again next time, as well as Coral reef. The kids got a souvenir disney cup with a Cars and Tinkerbell toy with a light in it.

I don't know how I could have thought it wouldn't be a big deal to miss this park out! :S

Pics are here

Next, I-Drive, golf, a good day, but the most expensive!!

Catching up and loving your pics, Gem!!! I know I've said this before but your children are adorable!!! And nice to see their MadMum in a few, too... ;)

We didn't get up to early today and started off the day getting a taxi to the Denny's nearest the golf. Denny's breakfast was very nice, although you really the notice the cleanliness and service of off site places when you're used to on site.

After breakfast we walked across the road to Congo river golf. At the end of golf we fed the gators!

We hopped on a lynx bus to Ripley's next. I love Ripley's and it's not changed much at all. We spent ages there and all enjoyed it. We then hopped on the lynx bus again to get to Wonderworks. Again, I love it here and we all had lots of fun. My spending money started disappearing here! It started with buying a pic of us all at Wonderworks. :S

After wonderworks, we went shopping!! I don't know how, I don't know where and I don't know when, but somehow I managed to spend $650 today!

To be honest, it left me quite screwed. I had taken $200 this morning but forgot so I was thinking I had $200 more than I did have in my account!

Luckily it was close to the end of the holiday but today left me with $75 until we left! I did have some in my bank account so added some more onto my fairfx card though so all was well in the end lol.

We got a taxi back to POP and had a look at some of the things we bought, then called it a night.

Pics from today are here

Last full day and day we leave tomorrow.

On our last night, we had dinner at Mickey's backyard BBQ.

We went to Magic Kingdom and got the boat to Fort Wilderness.

This resort is very nice and I wouldn't mind staying here some time. The kids sat on the 'Wanted electricution' chairs lol.

We got there for half 5 so had a wander around before being seated at 6pm. We were right at the front again, we had a lot of luck this holiday being seated in the best seats wherever we went.

We got our bbq and in no time the characters came out and the kids got up to dance. I've got some lovely pics of them, and the one and only picture of myself I actually like too! lol

We did some drawing on the floor and had a quick play in the park at night before we went back to POP. The kids went to bed and I packed our stuff up.

The next morning was a very long day, and I would have enjoyed it a lot more if it wasn't our last day with all the stresses that come with it.

We got up early, double checked we'd packed everything and I lugged the bags down to storage. I had two big suitcases, one on wheels, one not, so I had my hands full and the case with no wheels was so blimmin heavy I struggled with them all the time I had them, trying to keep the kids running off or causing mayhem would have been impossible so I'm glad they were being good lol.

We went to Epcot and got the monorail to Poly. We were a bit early so had a look around and it's absolutely beautiful. I would love to stay here one day.

We were called for breakfast and we could see the castle from our window. We saw Lilo, Stitch, Pluto and Mickey. Breakfast was lovely and our waitress was brilliant so she got all my spare change and dollar notes (alot of them!) as a tip, and she came up to me when we were about to leave saying I'd made her day. :D

After our breakfast we got the monorail to Mk, then the bus to POP and got our bags. I took some last minute pics of pop and all the cases in the lobby while we were waiting for our airport transfer.

It arrive at 2:20 and we said bye to POP and DisneyWorld.

The coach ride was uneventful and we got checked in very quickly. I went to a few duty free shops for last minute presents (ended up with $13 left over from all of my spending money!) and then boarded the plane.

We set off half an hour early which was good as we weren't kept waiting and it meant we would get home that little bit quicker. The plane was fine again, and the kids got a bit of sleep. I however, didn't! We got to Gatwick at 7:30am (in my head it was 2am so I was exhausted) and my mum was there waiting for us. I managed to smash my uncles present (very large bottle of whiskey) all over the floor so my mood didn't get any better when we got back!

The last two days pictures are here

We got to my mum's about 11am and we had a quick cuppa before I had to drive another hour to get back home. By this point I was just about hallucinating from tiredness so I had to leave as soon as I could or it wouldn't have been safe to drive.

We were greeted by Ben when we got home and he pampered me and took care of the kids while I slept bless him.

I didn't have the energy to do anything so the bags remained unpacked for a couple of days and my mind was everywhere with the time difference!

Then when the kids were in bed, me and Ben were talking and he said he never wanted to be without me, he'd missed me so much it hurt and that he wants to marry me! :D

Thrilled is not the word. If anything vanquishes the disney blues it's a marriage proposal!

So now we've booked Oakham castle for next October and we're planning our wedding. :D

So I can safely say this was the best holiday, and return, imaginable, and next time we will be going as a foursome, husband and wife and the kids. :D

Aw what a lovely end to your TR - gave me goosebumps just reading that did :goodvibes:lovestruc I've enjoyed every minute of your TR, can't wait to hear all about the wedding and your first trip as husband and wife - will you be planning a Disneymoon? ;):thumbsup2:cloud9:

Awwww Gems, what a great ending to your trip report. :lovestruc Congratulations to you & Ben.

As for poor little Cameron getting soaked by River Adventure - well thats the kind of thing I would do. :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Oh my god, how could I forget the coach ride back?! It was NOT uneventful at all! lol

Someone used the loo and warned everyone the door jammed so suggested we don't shut the door properly if we need to go. Of course hearing this Cameron just HAD to try it to see if it was true.

He went to the loo and was in there ages. The film on the tv went quiet and I could hear crying, so I went back to Cameron and guess what he had done...shut the blimmin door!

It was worse than the last person that used it and I could not open the door. I was kicking it and pulling it, telling him to kick the door and it was not budging. The man who got trapped before came to try to help and after about 10 minutes the door still hadn't budged. Cameron was panicking bless him, and eventually after about 20 minutes someone managed to open the latch with one of their keys (I didn't ask where they'd learnt that!) and he pulled while I told Cameron to kick the door as hard as he could.

Was a bit worrying for a minute but once he was safely out I couldn't stop laughing! I would have been more sympathetic if we hadn't been told before, but he didn't even need the loo he just had to check it out, so it was funny and he learnt his lesson! lol He thinks it's funny now too thankfully, no permanent damage done!

Thank you everyone for your comments. I still can't believe I'm getting married in less than a year!! It's a good job I love planning, I'll have everything arranged in a month knowing me, then spend the next 11 months changing it all! lol

Oh poor Cameron.

Congratulations
what a lovely ending to your holiday, coming home to a marraige proposal. That must be the best way ever to get over the disney blues.

Thank you for your updates and congratulations .... is there any way I can see your photos if do not have facebook account???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter