My first time as a "Grown Up!" March 2011

Love your TR thus far, and looking forward to the rest.

To the old man who didn't know how to turn off his iPad: Seriously?

Wow, you both took some great pictures of the resort! :thumbsup2

Thanks! Pop had so many good photo ops.

Love your pics, keep them coming. I too feel your pain about not going again for awhile. We were there when you where, the 19th thru the 27th. Last trip was 2009 and my last trip before that was 1978. I have two kids, my son is 11 and my daughter is 8. I am hoping to take them again before my son starts high school, 2014 as well!!!

More pics are definetley comming! Man, 2014 cannot come soon enough.

I just started reading your TR and think it's great so far...can't wait to read more of it and I have to agree with you about little kids on the plane....they can be a real pain somtimes

lol Love the pic of your DS with the arcade card with the thumbs down..very funny

Haha thankyou! I know, I love that picture too. I dunno if she was expecting more out of the game or just really sucked at it but she hated it.

Love your TR thus far, and looking forward to the rest.

To the old man who didn't know how to turn off his iPad: Seriously?

I know right! I'm wondering if he was just trying to see what he could get away with.

**This post is in 2 parts due to the photo limit**

Day 2.3

March 16, 2011

After exploring the hotel for a bit, we went to Downtown Disney. We looked at a few stores and then we went to Goofy's Candy Company where I got my pretzel rods. I had been craving them for so long! I got 3. All of them were dipped and drizzled in white chocolate, but one had sprinkles, one had cinnamon sugar, and the third one had M&Ms. They were all super delicious but the cinnamon sugar one was my favorite.

IMG_0984-1.jpg

Entrance

IMG_0985-1.jpg

A friend pointed out to me that Mickey and Donald are wearing the same outfits as Stan and Kyle from South Park! :rotfl2:

IMG_0989-1.jpg

I had to take a picture of this because it amused me that the genie was thinking about the girls.

IMG_0988-1.jpg

IMG_0986-1.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

Fooling around with the silly mirror in the candy store.

IMG_0990.jpg

How can anyone even eat something like this? It's too pretty! I wouldn't want to ruin it! I'd feel so bad!

IMG_0994-1.jpg

Waiting on my pretzel rods.

IMG_0996-1.jpg

Pure HEAVEN!!!!

**continuation of previous post. Had to post in 2 parts because of the photo limit**

After my pretzel rods, we looked around at more shops. I was under whelmed with D Street. Somehow...I was expecting more. And by more I mean less. Less expensive that is. Kristina bought one of those really pretty D&B bags from World of Disney. I would have bought one too but I don't like the idea of it having a button clasp. I would much prefer a zipper. It seems more pick-pocket proof somehow.

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_0999-1.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1015-1.jpg

Haha, I tried to pose all Princess-y.

IMG_1020.jpg

I don't know if any of you out there know about the...err...Japanese Revoltech Woody doll meme going around on other forums but after seeing the pictures people have taken of it, I can NEVER look at Woody the same!:rotfl2: I can't really say too much about it here because...ehm...it's not exactly family friendly.

IMG_1006-1.jpg

Omg JOHN SMITH! I love that they have him. The Pocahontas movie is a really good one...WAY underappreciated. I love that it didn't really have a happy ending. It gave the movie a much more mature feel but I guess that's why it didn't do so well...because of the seriousness. I just wish John Smith didn't look like such a freaky robot here.

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

MULAN MERCHANDISE!!!! YESSSSSSS!!!!

IMG_1026.jpg

This picture amused me because it looks like the bird is the same size as the balloon cart and it's totally about to attack!

IMG_1033.jpg

Love this shot of Kristina.

IMG_1035.jpg

Ah Disney Quest. We didn't go here this trip. No loss though. We didn't care much for it the last time. We just aren't arcade people.

At Ride Makerz, Kristina got chased out of the store by a remote controlled car. She was wearing her Minnie ears and the worker controlling the car said "we don't like Minnie in here." :laughing: That made me laugh. Understandable though, since it was essentially a Build a Bear for dudes.

Kristina was dead tired at this point but she still hadn't eaten anything since that morning. She decided to eat at the Wolfgang Puck's Express because she had a good meal there on our last trip. She ended up getting a Spicy Chicken Melt with Chips.

IMG_1037.jpg

Kristina being super excited.

IMG_1040.jpg

Spicy Chicken Melt with Chips.

After Kristina's meal, we headed back to the hotel. When checking in, I was told that I would get a phone call from them no later than 3:00 p.m. to tell us that the room was ready but I never got any call and it was already after 4:00 p.m. by this point. I went to the front desk to get things straightened out. I guess they just forgot to call me or something because the room was indeed ready. We ended up on the first floor in the 80s section.

IMG_1046.jpg

In the bus, going back to the hotel.

IMG_1052.jpg

The Potato Heads were near our building.

We were also told that our bags would be delivered to our room but alas, when we got to our rooms, our bags were nowhere to be found. We hightailed it over to the bag people or whatever they're called. The man said that our bags were being delivered as we spoke but Kristina pointed out that no, our bags were right THERE! (imagine her pointing at our bags behind him).

So after we got our bags back to the room, I disinfected the place with my trusty rusty Sani-Wipes, unpacked, took a shower, then went right to bed. Well, actually, that's a lie. We didn't go right to bed. First we had a disagreement on what temperature to keep the thermostat at. Kris wanted to keep it at 73 degrees while I wanted it at 79. I don't know why but somehow, the air seemed WAAAY colder than it really was! The 73 degrees felt like 65 and the 79 was like 71. We compromised and kept it at 74. But by the wackadoo thermostat standards, that was really like a 68. I was still superly freezing! While Kristina wore shorts and a t-shirt to sleep, I wore long pants, a shirt, plus a jacket, AND my socks. Although we agreed to keep it at 74 degrees, throughout the course of the trip, when we were in the room, while one of us was in the bathroom or something, when we'd come out from the bathroom, the tempurature would "mysteriously" :rolleyes1take itself up or down a few degrees. Ha ha ha!

IMG_1057.jpg

Sani-Wipes FOR THE WIN!

must say those pretzel sticks look so yummy.....wetzel pretzel in DTD are pretty amazing as well.

you two are deffinetly a couple of hams when it comes to your pics.....love it thought....some people are so ridgid in there pics but you can tell you two are havin fun with it

I'm here! Great TR so far!!! :thumbsup2 I LOVE POP! I've never stayed there but it looks like so much fun!! :yay: I've gotta stay there one day! :) Can't wait for more!popcorn::

So sorry! Didn't realize you had started this already! I know what you mean about not wanting TR's to end, that is one of the reasons I always take so long writing mine. :laughing:

I love the report so far, your pictures are great and I love how you guys have fun with the camera. Looking forward to more. :thumbsup2

Ny DD has that Mulan set too. She really has never watched Mulan yet, but she likes those sets and has most of the characters.

I saw those baby ducks at Pop too. Weren't they so cute. Here's one I took. They were up by the smoking section. I guess momma duck need a break. LOL!

tinyducks.jpg

I love your sisters Dooney bag. .... Lets just say that I have one very similar.

LOL! I always wondered what those cigarette pack looking things were.

Your pretzels look amazing. Going to have to try the cinnamon dipped one!

Can tell you both were really having fun! Pop century is such a fun resort!

just finished reading and LOVE IT so far:love::cool1::banana: Can't wait for more!popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::Oh and i LOVE Mulan too!!:lovestruc

Looks like you had a lot of fun at DTD. The pretzel rods you made looked delicious! I am SO jealous of your sisters bag, I contemplated getting that same one when I went but couldn't bring myself to spend that much. YAY for Mulan merchandise!! They really do need more though:sad2:
And I'm pretty sure I know that Woody meme your talking about, definitely not family friendly:laughing: I still love Woody though, he's my favorite. Those Sani-Wipes are a good idea too, I should definitely think to bring some of those next time.

I am from the Facebook group, plus I am the moderator on this board.

You sure had a long flight.

You should do a house trade when you go to WDW, you. Would get your money back 10 fold. but then again I don't know if I would want anyone staying in my house.

You sure had a long first day.

I'm here and just started reading! I LOVE that first picture of you and your sister - you guys must have had so much fun together!

You're so right about the TR and when it's over. I swear that's why I'm taking my own sweet time with mine. We're very tenatively planning on a few days at Disneyland as part of a trip out west in 2013 so I have no idea when we're make it back to the World. Such a depressing thought. :(

That's funny :lmao: because we have the same struggle over the thermostat. The boy's want it freezing cold, :confused3 so they call the service man to come in and change the temperature. I just bring my flannel pajamas and blanket with me to stay warm. I hate :mad: being cold!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter