My first time as a "Grown Up!" March 2011

Wait, wait, there's a Pocahontas part in Fantasmic! there? I had no idea. I kind of want to see it now. What does that part consist of?

Looks like you two had a fantastic day at DHS. We havn't eaten at the prime time cafe yet but have been to sci-fi dine in theater...love the sci-fi and those crazy old clips from movies and commercials. I so baddly want to see the new muppets movie....I hear it's getting good reviews.....well enough of my blabbering and can't wait to read more about your awesome trip :)

Loved all the updates! Looks like you guys had fun at DHS. Your comment about wishing your kick in front of those drawings was facing the other way made me laugh. :laughing:

Glad you had a good time at the Prime Time Cafe. That place is a lot of fun, especially when people get in trouble. I wasn't on that particular trip but my sister once got in trouble for not eating her vegetables so their server tried to feed them to her.

I remember the last time we ate at 50s Prime Time Cafe 10 years ago, my sister made my mom eat her vegetables for her so she wouldn't get in trouble! :lmao:

Wait, wait, there's a Pocahontas part in Fantasmic! there? I had no idea. I kind of want to see it now. What does that part consist of?

You've never seen Fantasmic before? Wow, you really should! It's quite excellent! Basically the Indians fight the settlers until Pocahontas comes and saves the day or something along those lines.

Looks like you two had a fantastic day at DHS. We havn't eaten at the prime time cafe yet but have been to sci-fi dine in theater...love the sci-fi and those crazy old clips from movies and commercials. I so baddly want to see the new muppets movie....I hear it's getting good reviews.....well enough of my blabbering and can't wait to read more about your awesome trip :)

It's really good! Go see it! :)

Day 8.1

March 22, 2011

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

This morning, I decided to leave my jacket behind so my bag wouldn't be as fat. I really only used it during the first couple hours of the day anyway and after that, it became dead weight. Well, not really weight...more like dead space. The jacket itself was not heavy. Kris had been getting by the whole time with never bringing her jacket anywhere, I was sure I'd be fine. Getting through those first few hours was tough though. I was FREEZING! The Diet Coke that I was drinking only proceeded to make things worse. But I couldn't NOT drink it! I needed that caffeine boost! To try and keep warm, I did the Peanuts Christmas Special dance.

PeanutsDance.gif

Basically I did the dance that the twin girls do, as well as the boy in the yellow shirt. NO ONE WAS AROUND! Well except Kris but she doesn't count. SO NO ONE WAS AROUND!

We got to the Magic Kingdom by 7:00 a.m. Just like the day before, we were the first ones in line! This was pretty much the common theme for the rest of the trip. I am not ashamed to admit that I was super jealous when the people standing directly behind us were chosen to be Family of the Day. Ugh! Don't the Disney people know that I am still a young child who happens to unfortunately be wrapped up in adult packaging?!?! Blargh!!! I told Kris that she needed to get on it and have a kid so that someday, we'll have a chance of getting picked. She replied that she was only 20. EXCUSES!!!

IMG_2324.jpg

IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg

Our first ride of the day was the Teacups. We rode it 2 times in a row because there was no wait. Honestly, the only reason I really rode this was not because I had a burning desire to ride it. Mostly I just wanted a picture of me in the teacup. Ha ha!

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2343.jpg

IMG_2346.jpg

IMG_2348.jpg

IMG_2350.jpg

I got in line to see Rapunzel at 8:20 a.m. even though she wasn't coming out till 9:15 a.m. She was really popular and I didn't want to risk not meeting her. Kris went to go get Fast Passes for Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin and also rode Autopia. I passed the time by catching up on my trip notes. Eventually we finally got to meet Flynn Ryder and Rapunzel. BEST...MEET & GREET...EVER!!! Seriously! The best one of the whole trip. They were just spot on...they looked exactly how I imagined the characters would look in real life and their acting was spot on too. I loved how they didn't try to rush us along simply because we weren't little kids. We were the only adults in line who were not there because of their kids.

I asked Flynn if he preferred being called Flynn or his real name Eugene Fitzherbert. He prefers Flynn. Rapunzel said she only calls him Eugene when she's mad at him. Rapunzel also commented that she liked the design on our shirts and that she liked to paint. Flynn tried to impress us with the look of smolder but it only worked on Kristina. Ha ha!

IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_2357.jpg

Photo0183FourBySix.jpg

Photo0191FourBySix.jpg

Here I am, putting up my arms to repel the smolder.

Photo0187FourBySix.jpg

I think Rapunzel and I were discussing art.

IMG_2362.jpg

Photo0193FourBySix.jpg

Ha ha! Couldn't resist making that with the Photopass site. She totally fell for the smolder!

After meeting Flynn and Rapunzel, we headed over to Adventureland to meet Aurora, Cinderella, and yellow dress Belle. Aurora didn't look like how I'd picture Aurora in my head. Cinderella looked about right. Belle looked like Belle except about 10-15 years older than she was in the movie. Ha ha! All 3 Princesses looked at our Ariel shirts and asked us if we had met her yet. Even the Photopass girl commented on our shirts and wondered where we got them.

Photo0199FourBySix.jpg

Photo0205FourBySix.jpg

Photo0207FourBySix.jpg

Photo0212FourBySix.jpg

Photo0216FourBySix.jpg

Love the morning of meet and greets! I'm glad your experience with Rapunzel and Flynn was great. Flynn wasn't there when we visited in July, but Rapunzel was great.

Great update! Flynn and Rapunzel look SO authentic and real! It's a shame they got rid of him... I also like the smolder ;)

Giving this a bump, I know how easy it is to let RL get in the way of finishing these things. It took me 10 months to finish mine.

I loved the Rapunzel and Flynn interaction and the whole princess experience. Hope to see more! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter