My first time as a "Grown Up!" March 2011

Love your not so average castle pic. What a good idea! Those boring, smile while you just stand there pics can get old after awhile.

Not sure where my post ended up?? Love the update and pics! The pic at the carousel of Progress sign in one of my favorites. Her arms are lined up perfectly with the poles of the sign. Was this planned?! Also love your ham it up at the castle pic! You two make Disney look so fun!!

No, the lining up of the arms wasn't planned, I just happened to line it up that way. I kind of wish they weren't lined up actually to give the pic a more dynamic feel. Oh wells.

For as many times that I have been on HM I have never seen that stone wall with all the wives on it.:confused3

Are you for reals? Wow! It was right at the exit. I guess maybe you've just been walking past it too fast to notice?

Super fun update!! Sorry to see those Disney thugs got you though. ;)

I missed the hitch hiking ghosts and the tombstones in line too.

I'm jealous that you met Buzz! We didn't see him at all this trip and last trip got to the line just as he was leaving. Cute pic with him too!

Haha! Yeah...it was rough but luckily the thugs let us go with just a warning. Next time...we won't be so lucky. :upsidedow

Loving it. Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Thank you!

Love your not so average castle pic. What a good idea! Those boring, smile while you just stand there pics can get old after awhile.

Thank you! Yeah, even the Photopass photographers got a kick out of us. They commented on how it was fun to photograph us because of our atypical poses.

great report so far! I love all the pictures!

Thank you! More to come soon!

Joining up here!

Great TR so far! You've taken some pretty awesome pictures, ones most would generally not take. I love the pictures you took of CoP. That ride is wicked fun since there really is no ride like it and it is one of the oldest rides at WDW. I will mourn the day it is gone (I can't even bare to think about it). Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes Update soon! :mickeyjum

Joining up here!

Great TR so far! You've taken some pretty awesome pictures, ones most would generally not take. I love the pictures you took of CoP. That ride is wicked fun since there really is no ride like it and it is one of the oldest rides at WDW. I will mourn the day it is gone (I can't even bare to think about it). Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes Update soon! :mickeyjum

Omg I hope they never get rid of it but it really does seem like one of the attractions that is on their chopping block. I feel like a lot of the newer attractions rely too much on 3Dness and we don't see as much animatronic type stuff anymore. If COP goes, it's just one less animatronic attraction.

Playing catch-up here. I love your castle picture. I will sometimes do goofy poses and then my sisters make fun of me for it. :confused: Seriously, how fun is it to have every picture of you standing like a statue? Not very fun! haha

Day 3.3

March 17, 2011

At this point, it was about 12:00 p.m. time for the Celebrate! Street Party thing. I danced and sang while reapplying my sunscreen. Hooray for multitasking! We only stayed for a little while though. I was surprised to see Sebastian. I didn't know that he made appearances.

IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

Thought this was a cool photo.

We went to Adventureland next. Grabbed some Fast Passes for Jungle Cruise. We saw Ariel and Eric but they had already cut off their line. The Photopass guy told us to come back at 2:00 p.m. We decided to kill time by riding Pirates of the Caribbean. While standing in line, this man behind us told his 2 year old daughter to kick her brother for some reason. The girl mistook Kristina for her brother and ended up kicking her instead. That was amusing. I took note that the queue was very Pirate-like. Towards the beginning, the Cast Members told us to keep going, fill up all the open space, and any free space was yours to fill. There was no organized line. I thought this was Pirate-like because of all the chaos and the (totally okay according to the Cast Members) cutting in line and the general every man for himself mentality. Also, I don't know why but I felt like the ride was really dark for some reason. I know it's a dark ride but I feel like it was darker than the last time I rode it.

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1212.jpg

Waiting in line.

After the ride, we saw Pirate Goofy and took a photo with him. At this point it was 1:40 p.m. so we headed back over to where Ariel was going to appear but we were too late, they had already closed off her queue! I didn't mind though. The Eric they were featuring wasn't very Eric-like to me. Mostly he seemed too feminine to be Eric.

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg

I was trying to make the same face as the statue. Ha ha!

We headed to the hub to watch Dream Along With Mickey. I took some pictures of the area while we waited.

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

Anyway, I LOVED the show. The last time we saw it, Disney was still doing the Year of a Million Dreams thing and the characters were wearing their blue Dream outfits. I had been wondering if they were going to be given their classic outfits now that the old campaign was over and I was right. During the part where we are supposed to make a wish, I blurted out "suitcase with a billion dollars!" And of course I had to correct Minnie when she erroneously stated that I wished to be a princess. Ha ha! Eh...my humor is kind of sarcastic I guess. :p Anyway, I was recording some of the show and my camera died right at the exact moment where Peter Pan had his solo line in the last song. I was so bummed! Peter Pan is my favorite Disney male. Well, actually I lied. Not about Peter Pan...I mean my camera. It didn't die. The SD Card just ran out. I put a new one in when the show was over.

IMG_1235.jpg

Claiming our spot.

IMG_1247.jpg

Minnie's eyes look super freaky! She looks possessed!

IMG_1249.jpg

Here we have Aurora, whining about something or another.

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg

Playing catch-up here. I love your castle picture. I will sometimes do goofy poses and then my sisters make fun of me for it. :confused: Seriously, how fun is it to have every picture of you standing like a statue? Not very fun! haha

Thank you! Yeah, not very fun indeed. I guess I'm just lucky that my sis is willing to take dumb photos with me.

Day 3.4

March 17, 2011

We were in a good spot to view the parade so we remained on the bench where we were sitting. It was SUPER hot. It was a dry heat though. I didn't sweat at all. I just burned. It was kind of like standing in front of a hot open oven. I don't know...dry heat fascinates me somehow, I guess because we don't have dry heat at home. Just humidity heat that makes you sweat. Anyway, it wasn't long before the clock struck 3:00 p.m. and the Celebrate a Dream Come True parade started. I was disappointed with it. It was essentially the same parade as the last time we were there but with less catchy music and way less floats. Ugh, freaking budget cuts! Blah... I wonder if the extra floats were cut because now that the have the street party, the logic behind things is now there are 2 mini parades as opposed to 1 big one? I don't know but I don't like it.

IMG_1266.jpg

The ONLY float that they updated KIND OF. But not really.

IMG_1265.jpg

Kristina...basking it utter disappointment.

It was definitely time for some lunch so we headed over to the Starlight Cafe. We got a tad lost trying to find it. Interesting...because the last time we were in Disney World we had a hard time finding it too. I don't know, that place is just so darn illusive! While in line to order, the family in front of me annoyed me. I was really hungry and the kid wouldn't make a decision about what he wanted to eat. He kept going back and forth on one order. Ugh! It took FOREVER! I wish the family would have come to a final decision before they got in line to order. But anyway, I had the chicken nuggets kids meal with grapes and apple sauce. Kris had a pulled pork sandwich with fries.

IMG_1292.jpg

Kris, looking at the map, trying to figure out where in the world the elusive Starlight Cafe is.

IMG_1296.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

My lunch.

IMG_1298.jpg

Kristina's lunch.

IMG_1301.jpg

Kristina enjoying said lunch.

IMG_1302.jpg

Ta Da!!!

Since we were in Tomorrowland, we decided to use our Space Mountain Fast Passes. This was the first time in 10 years that I rode with my glasses on. I don't wear my contacts regularly anymore. I was a little scared they were going to fly off so I tried to hold them while riding. Somehow, I had got it into my head that the Space Mountain Photopass picture was a free one like at Test Track but alas, I was terribly mistaken. When the ride was over, we got some Fast Passes for Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin but we ended up not ever using them.

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1313.jpg

Headed back over to Fantasyland. After doing Philharmagic and Small World, we used our Fast Pass for Jungle Cruise. While waiting to deboat, the skipper asked who had traveled the farthest to get here. Kris and I raised our hands. Clear across the country and over an ocean. Anyway, while exiting the ride, I saw a dude who looked like John from John & Kate plus 8. It wasn't him though.

IMG_1317.jpg

???

IMG_1325.jpg

Obligatory 3D Glasses picture

IMG_1324.jpg

Hercules characters don't get enough love. Glad to see the movie referenced here!

IMG_1332.jpg

This picture amused me. It looks like a monster, who died (notice the Xs for the eyes) because eating the human made him sick (the window is the mouth). Haha, I'm weird!

IMG_1342.jpg

This picture is REALLY cool. Kris looks like a ghost! Or else it's like I went into Photoshop and cut her out! The guy in front of me turned around and took a flash picture at the EXACT moment that I was taking a non-flash picture so that's how this came to be.

IMG_1368.jpg

Our skipper.

IMG_1369.jpg

I was sad to see this down. I'm one of the few who actually like the Tiki Room under New Management.

Kris wanted to try a Dole Float because I had mentioned to her that a lot of people on the DIS like them. I myself wasn't going to get one actually. I'm not really a fan of pineapple but I caved and got one too. When I was handed my float, I thought I was given the wrong treat. The ice cream had a greenish tint to it! Kris however, told me the cashier dude said that they had colored the ice cream green for Saint Patricks Day. So all was well and delicious. It was really yummy!

IMG_1375.jpg

Take note of the green tint!

IMG_1373.jpg

Awesometacularmaximus!

At this point, we decided to start heading on out. While exiting Adventureland, we passed a sign that said the Princess meet & greet had a 90 minute wait. A man walking in front of us jokingly mentioned to his daughter that he was going to grab a Fast Pass for it. He also asked her if she felt like she was starting to outgrow the princesses and how he remembered that before, she used to watch all these Princess Barbie DVDs. Kris and I had to laugh because Kris is 20 years old and she STILL watches all the ALL the Barbie movies. And it's not like she watches for nostalgia childhood memories either. At least that would be a little understandable. They didn't even start making the Barbie movies until Kris was waaaaay past the target age bracket for them. Yet, she just loves them! She even bought 2 of the Barbie movies on DVD!!! Ha ha ha!

IMG_1357.jpg

On the way out of Adventureland, I saw this and was sure that it wasn't the Contemporary Resort. As I got closer and closer, I realized that lo and behold, it was! I didn't realize you could actually see it from inside the park! It's so close!

We shopped a bit in the Emporium. I don't know, I just wasn't too impressed with the merchandise. I wish they had more park specific things rather than just character specific. I really wanted to buy a pen but not one of those oversided autograph pens. Alas, there was none, and I know they used to make normal pens because I still have all the ones I've bought on previous Disney trips. I also didn't see very many glass figurines. It seems they've all been replaced with the Vinylmation stuff. It was kind of nice to not see High School Musical and Hannah Montanna plastered all over the place though. Last time we were in Disney World, those things were still "in." While paying for our souvenirs, Kris noticed that our cashier Elaine's name tag said that she was from Maui. We had a fun little conversation with her about Hawaii. Apparently she had lived there for 4 years at some point. Kris took a photo with her and when it was time to part ways, she said "a hui ho" to us. "Until We Meet Again" in Hawaiian. She was a sweet lady and you could totally tell she enjoyed her job.

IMG_1379.jpg

Kristina and Elaine doing the shaka sign.

After that, we went back to the hotel and got there by 9:00 p.m. I showered, took some notes, then went to sleep.

IMG_1383.jpg

When we got back to Pop, we saw this bus and wondered what it was for because it didn't have any location on it...just the name Rapunzel.

I love that street party thing - my husband laughs because I can't hear that "Time of your life" song without tearing up. Sniff sniff.

Those are some hilarious pictures from the stage show - Minnie and Aurora! Too funny!!:rotfl: Nice Maleficent picture!

I'm laughing at your Starlight cafe pics - my daughter had a HUGE meltdown on our last night in the parks over Sonny Eclipse. Glad you guys weren't too scared. ;)

We missed the Dream Come True parade this time and I was bummed, but maybe I shouldn't be too sad. :(

I was sad that the Tiki Room was closed too - though that music gets stuck in my head worse than even "it's a small world" :lmao:

Dole Float. Yummy. I could totally eat one for breakfast right now. My kids both wanted to try mine when I got it and realized neither of them like pineapple. Yay for not having to share! :woohoo: :lmao: Fun with a green tint!

I never did get a Dole Whip. everytime I went by the line was too long for my liking.

Wow you guys got A LOT done in the Magic Kingdom. I love your pictures from Dream Along With Mickey. I especially love the Maleficent picture (huge Villains fan) out of all of them. And what happened to Smee and Hook? Usually they are "fur" characters not face. I hope that isn't going to be forever since they looked a lot better as "fur" characters. Moving on... those dole whips looked pretty awesome! I'm not a fan of pineapple ever since my weekend of Pineapple Soufflet (too much) and if you like it and you don't like pineapple, they must be good :) And I'm pretty sure you're the first person I know to call Cosmic Ray's, Starlight Cafe. I was confused for a sec when I saw Sonny Eclipse, but then I saw the sign and had an "OOOOHHHHH" moment. THOSE RAPUNZEL BUSES! They were bugging me on my last trip. I still don't know why they said Rapunzel and what the purpose for those buses to be out. Ugghh... we may never know. :/ Can't wait to read more! Update soon! :mickeyjum

Wow those green tinted Dole Whips are so cool. I love green colored food! lol

I'm pretty sure those buses with the characters on the display are training buses and/or not in service buses (they use character names instead of "not in service" to keep the magic). I saw those on my trip too and they were driving me crazy so I researched it to see what the heck they are for.

Can't wait to hear more:)

First of all your username is adorable. Secondly Maleficent, is that a mask or a person wearing makeup? Because she looks rather manly, and if she is a man, that's awesome!

What on earth did Disney do to Captain Hook's and Smee's costumes!? It's been a while since I saw the show and they look freaky!!

I actually thought it was kind of cool to do it this way. Honestly, I've never much cared for non-face human characters like these guys, or Lilo and Gepetto etc. I dunno, it just always seemed weird to me.

Dole Float. Yummy. I could totally eat one for breakfast right now. My kids both wanted to try mine when I got it and realized neither of them like pineapple. Yay for not having to share! :woohoo: :lmao: Fun with a green tint!

I could TOTALLY go for a Dole Float for breakfast. You can always justify the unhealthiness by saying that it's okay because there is fruit in it. :lmao:

I never did get a Dole Whip. everytime I went by the line was too long for my liking.

When we went, the line wasn't crazy long but there were only 2 people staffing the Dole place so the lined moved really slow. Worth the wait though!

Wow you guys got A LOT done in the Magic Kingdom. :mickeyjum

Yeah, we were even surprised by the amount of things we got done! The huge spring break crowds didn't really start until the very end of our trip.

Wow those green tinted Dole Whips are so cool. I love green colored food! lol

Next time when you are visiting Florida, you should go to Islands of Adventure. I remember that they actually sold green eggs and ham there at one of the restaurants. :thumbsup2

First of all your username is adorable. Secondly Maleficent, is that a mask or a person wearing makeup? Because she looks rather manly, and if she is a man, that's awesome!

Firstly, thanks! Haha, I got it from The Nutty Professor. He used the term when referencing someone who had un-toned arms. Secondly, I actually think she looks womanly. I know that the Tinkerbell used in the fireworks show is often a man though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter