My family thinks I'm crazy

I too have become a DIS addict. I stay up for several hours trying to absorb everything. :surfweb: This is truly a once in a lifetime trip for my and my DS10 & DD7. I need to be able to do as much as possible during this trip, as we most likely won't get a chance to try again. This board has been so helpful in my planning!! :sunny: I have learned so much about what to see and do... and what to bring. Things that I would not have remembered. I love this place. :love: And to think... I found it totally by accident trying to find prices on rental cars! :teeth:

I am SOOOO excited! pixiedust: :hyper2: :jumping2:

Omygoodness omygoodness omygoodness!! You have no idea how exciting this is!! I can't believe there are people out there like ME!! With husbands like MINE!! (I put this on another post, and I stand by it, he is the ultimate ANTIMICKEY!!!) I just have to tell you this story. We went to Disney for our honeymoon in '02 (it was a huge sacrifice on his part, but even he admitted he liked it.) and haven't been anywhere since. I mean anywhere. We now have a daughter, and another on the way, and we decided to do whatever it takes to go on a trip next year, to quote him - "As long as it isn't Disney." Well, we're borrowing a week on his parents time share, and went through several options (we're going with another couple) and finally decided that FLA was the cheapest, and easiest trip to make. However, he did not want to do ANY theme parks, with the exception of MAYBE Seaworld (he's totally into fish. We have four fish tanks in our living room, one in our bedroom, and he's building a monster tank for downstairs) But I digress. When we told our friends about going to FLA they were all for it, but when we told them Peter didn't want to do parks, and I agreed (grudgingly) the husband was like "NO!! If we go I have to do Disney. At least two days. My cousin just got back and that's all he talks about now. And he doesn't get excited about anything." I just laughed. So we're now camping in FW for about three days. Just thought I'd share the humour (and irony :) )

Just found this board recently and am so addicted! DH does not understand at all. DH says that I am crazy and there is no reason to plan anything. He told me the other day all we needed to do was get on the plane and go, no planning needed. If he only knew..... :rotfl2:

I've only been on here for a few weeks and it's been the best thing for us. That amount of information I have gotten is wonderful. I have a folder now for Disney and print off any thing I feel I need to know or remember.
At first DH didn't get it now he is reading everything I put into the folder and any website that this list has said has great information.
We will not be going until May 2007 but Dh now agrees we need to stay more than 4 nights as it will be our families first trip to Disney.

You are definitely not alone. I'm almost 40 and didn't go to WDW for the first time till this past January. We not only extended our 3 day trip into 8 days, but we came back again for a week in February! We are now planning our wedding in Disney in November of this year.

It grows on you...it really does. Hope you enjoy your trip! There's nothing like seeing it for the first time.

I think that is a good idea. While 4 days is better than 3 WHen we took our children in 2002 it was for 9 days and we accomplished everything we wanted and then some, we could never have done it in 4.

Have a magical day,
Anna

Ally0005 said:
We will not be going until May 2007 but Dh now agrees we need to stay more than 4 nights as it will be our families first trip to Disney.

I am absolutely right there with you. This is our first family vacation without in-laws or my parents. I am 32 years old and finally feel like a grown up to be booking our own vacation, but like a little kid because I am so excited. My DH has been to WDW many times and thinks I am over planning, but I can't resist reading more and more about the things we have planned.

I booked the Family Magic Tour (so excited!!) and I can't bring myself to tell DH that he has to act silly and possibly crawl through the park -- he might ruin my fun!!

61 days to go and I can't wait!!

I LOVE :love: disney sooooooooo much! there are so many of us disney freaks out there - it's great! :cheer2: some people in my family are even more obsessed with it than i am ( ;) disney5mom) but others say it's a sickness. i don't understand them :confused3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps. i really like this blob smiley but had nowhere to put it so ill just put it here :thumbsup2 : :Pinkbounc

I am 53 years old and I remember the original Mickey Mouse Club and watching the opening the ceremonies of Disneyland. I always dreamed of going. When Dsney World first opened I just never imagined going to any of them but the possibilities were greatly improved since I lived on the east coast. I finally got to go to WDW when nothing was there but MK, CR, Polyand FW. I went back in 1981 when they were building Epcot and then I didn't go back for almost 20 years. My family thinks that I'm crazy because I still love going to WDW. It has changed alot in the 20 years that I didn't go but it is a real vacation.

My DS is off this week-end on a scouting outing of a 200 mile bike hike so I popped in my WDW vacation planning DVD to get a little pixie dust! It was great and now I only have 131 days until my vacation!

Disney Crazy Debbie - I can so identify with you! I am also 53 and can remember watching the original Micky Mouse Club on tv. I have always dreamed of going to Disneyland and then later to WDW. It just never happened.But this year my DD is taking 10 family members to WDW in May! My DSI can't understand why I am more excited than the kids. I've tried to explain but he still doesn't get it! But it is good to know that fellow Disers do!

slyjly - Thank you. You are correct, other DISers are the ones that truly understand. I guess that too many children's shows have been offered since and the special appeal that Walt had can't be truly understood!

Disney Crazy Debbie said:
slyjly - Thank you. You are correct, other DISers are the ones that truly understand. I guess that too many children's shows have been offered since and the special appeal that Walt had can't be truly understood!

Yes, that is so true. I use to love watching The Wonderful World of Disney on Sun. nite. But now everyone has the whole world at their fingertips with cable, satellite and the internet that there are few mysteries and wonders left!

I'm like the rest of you. I'm addicted too. :thumbsup2 But I'm lucky, my DH reads these boards as much as I do. :cool1: In fact, we weren't supposed to go until next year (as we go about every 3 years), but we couldn't wait and now we're going in June. :banana: We have the books, watch the Planning DVD, listen to Podcasts, plus listen to Disney music CD's in the car. Our DD's love WDW too, but think mom & dad are a little over the top with it :rotfl2: Oh well, we're having a good time. :lmao: Can't wait until June when we finally get there. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Anyway, you don't have to be crazy to be here, but it sure helps. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter