My family thinks I'm crazy

joyeric

Earning My Ears
I am planning my first trip to disneyworld in June, and have become addicted to DIS. I told my DH that I needed to make a forty-five minute drive to home depot for my alien mickey, he says I've gone round the bend. We will be there over my 44th birthday, and I am going to wear my birthday pin proudly. DS17, DS16, and DD20 are threatening to avoid me for the whole trip because I'm so excited already and we have 63 days to go. DH says I'll be just like the kids on the commerical that are "to excited to sleep" I wholeheartedly agree. This is a vacation of a lifetime for me, and I plan to enjoy every minute. Thanks to everyone for all the info, and tips that are so freely shared, I've learned alot.

:thumbsup2 I'm in the same boat as you! I haven't been to WDW since '98 & I'm in withdrawl! My kids have never been & I guess that's one of the biggest reasons I'm so excited! :banana:

I am also addicted to the DIS boards!

:goodvibes Happy Planning!

I am the same way every year. It actually seems to be getting worse every trip we take. I LOVE Disney. We have went the first week of March for three years in a row and I'm trying to talk my DH into a Christmas trip the first week of December for the two of us.

I got myself a Pal Mickey on the last trip and he stands on a pedestal by my desk. I've started to buy clothes for him to dress him for the seasons. When I get lonely for Disney, I press his hand to hear one of his jokes. My DH, DD20 and DD17 all think I'm crazy. However, my DD20 sent this e-mail to me after our return: "Love U even if U are crazy!" I think they enjoy my obsession because it adds to their magic.

joyeric said:
I am planning my first trip to disneyworld in June, and have become addicted to DIS. I told my DH that I needed to make a forty-five minute drive to home depot for my alien mickey, he says I've gone round the bend. We will be there over my 44th birthday, and I am going to wear my birthday pin proudly. DS17, DS16, and DD20 are threatening to avoid me for the whole trip because I'm so excited already and we have 63 days to go. DH says I'll be just like the kids on the commerical that are "to excited to sleep" I wholeheartedly agree. This is a vacation of a lifetime for me, and I plan to enjoy every minute. Thanks to everyone for all the info, and tips that are so freely shared, I've learned alot.

I am a disney freak!! :banana:

My DH has just learned to accept it.......it will happen to your DH in time! :rotfl: dont worry- and hey who knows after your trip maybe he will jump on the disney wagon! :thumbsup2

as far as the commercial--- guess what-- remember even the father says HE is so excited HE cant sleep-- so its not just the kiddies! believe me-- sept will be my 11th trip- i have over 5 months to go and i get sooo excited just reading the boards and planning our trip! that is half the fun!

YOU ARE NOT ALONE! :grouphug: ENJOY-- WE WILL ACCEPT YOU HERE!

I'm right there with ya!! When I ask my family once every day if they want to hear my Dis - "tip of the day", they scatter!! Maybe it's because this is April, and we are not going till December (hee hee) - My DS17 calls all of you my DIS-bo buddies that I "talk" to on the DIS-bo-boards, and he calls me the queen DIS-bo!! - mary

:rotfl2: whenever i go to tell my husband something-- he says "did you read that on the boards!" :lmao: something that is totally OT, nothing AT ALL to do with disney but he has to say it anyway! :rotfl:

Me too! And I feel like I want to lie and say I read it in the paper, but I just hang my head and tell him the truth. too funny.

I know exactly how you feel. My families first trip was last March. I am addicted. My DH :firefight thought I had lost my mind :badpc: . I bought books, looked on every website I could find, planned, planned, planned for a good eight months. But once we were there my husband had to admit it was "magical". Guess who suggested we go this year for my 33rd Birthday party: -you guessed it my DH :firefight . He bought me the 2006 Unofficial Guide and said this is where we are going for your Birthday. So see there is hope-I guess if they can't beat us they join us :rotfl2: .
I can't wait to go :hourglass .

Can someone tell me more about the Birthday pin thing? I will definitely need one princess:

joyeric- don't forget to go by customer service in the parks and get your Happy Birthday button. I did when I went for my 40th and all day people were telling me Happy Birthday! :)

maddhatir said:
:rotfl2: whenever i go to tell my husband something-- he says "did you read that on the boards!" :lmao: something that is totally OT, nothing AT ALL to do with disney but he has to say it anyway! :rotfl:

This is how it is in my house, too! But DH has become very impressed with my knowledge from the DIS--we've saved lots on car rentals, had some awesome Disney trips (little waiting, great meals, excellent rooms/rates) all because of these boards! Even DH admires the DIS now, too!

And welcome, OP! Enjoy the boards and the Disney planning! You are among friends! :sunny:

Oh I hear you! I finally got my DH to agree to a trip and we are going in December. I have not been since 1997. Since booking in February I can not get enough of these boards. I have read the Unofficial Guide and another book on WDW with Kids. I can not stay away from reading about WDW! It is so fun to plan but DH thinks I am absolutely off the deep end!

Allyson

I totally understand! My DD is taking our whole family to WDW in May. This is the first time for all 10 of us-- I'm 53 and more excited than my 15 yr. old DGD! My DH use to be jealous of "Dr. Phil", now he's jealous of the Diz Boards!

Whoo Hoo! I just made Mouseketeer! My goal was to make Mouseketeer before our trip!

My daughters love it, because that means they can talk about the trip and ask questions, see pictures of rooms and resorts and we keep each other excited.

Now DBF is a different story :rotfl2: I start telling him plans and reservations and resorts and and and.. And he just smiles and laughs. I tell him I'm excited and he laughs and says "I couldn't tell". He enjoys seeing all of us so worked up.

I have been there only once and my daughters none at all, and I am so excited to experiance that magic with them and him.

I only wish I got this feeling years ago. It's a great feeling.

byoung said:
I only wish I got this feeling years ago. It's a great feeling.

i agree- the fun feelings are half the fun of planning.......

THANKS TO EVERYONE AT THE DIS BOARDS! :love:

Here's my couple O' pennies. Disney is so much more than just another vacation. I don't go every year, I can't afford it. That having been said, you need to make the most of the moment. My DH, DS16 & DS10 think I am crazy (by the way, they are right). But that is OK. When we go, we go all the way. I want my money's worth out of my planning. I start with purchasing my Passporter and absorb all that I can. I make a chart to decide where to make my ADR. I buy the current Birnbaum Official Guide. I recently became a Dis Board addict lol. Podcasts.....it's a sickness :lmao: I subscribe to a bunch of them (haven't decided if I will forgive Ricky Brigante for ending the Daily Dose of Disney lol) I have already decided that I won't listen to podcasts the week before I go....need some doses of Disney on my IPOD, during my flight. I packed 6 weeks before we go, I make a packing list to check off as I go along. My DS10 and I made a construction paper chain to count down the days.....Disney is so much more than just another vacation.

Have a magical day,
Anna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter