My Disney Planning Binder

Just to say I did post some photos of my trip binder on my PTR. I didn't want to double post photos, but you can see it there if you are interested ;)
I had a lot of fun and really enjoyed putting it together! Still finishing a few things, but it is 90% done! :thumbsup2

Just to say I did post some photos of my trip binder on my PTR. I didn't want to double post photos, but you can see it there if you are interested ;)
I had a lot of fun and really enjoyed putting it together! Still finishing a few things, but it is 90% done! :thumbsup2

Thank you for posting all of the wonderful binder pics! I can't wait to start my own. :)

WOW these ideas are so creative. A few years ago I started my planning in a normal 1/2inch black binder, nothing fancy. My DDs and I have added new stickers to the cover every year, and I used letter stickers to write "Walt Disney World" on the cover. I bought different colored transparent pocket-dividers and use them to seperate my sections, which are:
Travel Info - includes reservation info, and driving/flight plans
Helpful info - kind of empty now, has had tips/ideas in the past, and info on different places to stay - boy was I crazy thinking I would stay off-site!
Parks - includes park hours, must see/do attractions for that year, parade times, height restrictions, closed attractions, our plan on which park to do each day
Dining - our daily plan for ADRs, good counter service places, info on the DDP
Packing lists - self explanitory

After each trip, I remove the pages and save them in a folder. I think after seeing these great ideas I am going to make something more permanent that I can keep or turn into a scrapbook after the trip.

WOW these ideas are so creative. A few years ago I started my planning in a normal 1/2inch black binder, nothing fancy. My DDs and I have added new stickers to the cover every year, and I used letter stickers to write "Walt Disney World" on the cover. I bought different colored transparent pocket-dividers and use them to seperate my sections, which are:
Travel Info - includes reservation info, and driving/flight plans
Helpful info - kind of empty now, has had tips/ideas in the past, and info on different places to stay - boy was I crazy thinking I would stay off-site!
Parks - includes park hours, must see/do attractions for that year, parade times, height restrictions, closed attractions, our plan on which park to do each day
Dining - our daily plan for ADRs, good counter service places, info on the DDP
Packing lists - self explanitory

After each trip, I remove the pages and save them in a folder. I think after seeing these great ideas I am going to make something more permanent that I can keep or turn into a scrapbook after the trip.

Sounds great
I hope to save mine from my trip, I had made a 1 & a 1/2 " binder fro our trip a few years back. Silly me I can't find it anywhere.
So, I had to make a new one- good thing is it's better than the old
But it'll be just my luck if I find the old one 2 weeks after I get back from this trip-hee hee:)

I just love this idea and I am going to make one for a quick FL trip in July to try it out. If it goes well, I will plan on making one for my next WDW trip...whenever that should happen to be :confused3 I am going to be hitting up Michael's this weekend too, I'm so bad but I just love spending too much money on crafty/scrapbooking suplies!! Thanks for the ideas.

where do i find the lettering you used. what is it called in word or do i have to download it. i love it and want to make a planner

There are lots of free downloads of Disney type fonts out there. Just google search disney fonts, I think some popular ones are Waltograph, Bradley Gratis, Mickey, Minnies, Monster AG, Star Vader, Story Book and more.

It's easy to download, but there are some other steps to get them into your word program- and I am not good at that, but some one here might be. Also, some sites have instructions on how to do it. ( THat's what I did, but in one ear and out the other)

Good luck!

You have initiated another follower! I love all of these ideas! I too am an OCD planner and daily DisBoarder! I can't WAIT to start mine! Scrapbook store HERE I COME! :mickeyjum

I went and bought the planner in post #18 at Target after reading this. But before I even made it home I found something very simular at Walmart, only it is full size, for only $9.00. I didn't see anymore of them on the shelves and couldn't even find the sticker to see how much it was, so I did a price check on it and when it said only $9, it went home with me. I really like the smaller size pictured in post #18, but the idea of hand punching all of those holes (buying the hole punch for that was going to be way more $$ than I was willing to spend). So I returned the smaller cute one.

I can't attach photos yet until my post count is higher, but I will.

Here's another tip to share.

I plan using Excel spread sheet starting months in advance. Then I print out the sheets and put them top loading clear sheet protectors (which are 3-hole punched already) and then into a 3-ring binder.

The binder is floppy style so it can bend a lot when cramming it into my carry-on bag. Once at the resort I can leave the binder in the room and just pull out the sheet protector for the day.

Here's the advantage to the sheet protectors - they don't get the paper inside sticky or stained from sun lotions or food. AND they roll up nicely inside the purse. They unroll nicely too so the paper inside does not bend or tear.

And tossing extra protectors in the purse is good for things I pick up during the day - park maps, paper menus from those restaurants that let you keep them, receipts, bus trading cards, Disney dollars, etc.

My travel companions also receive copies of the excel spreadsheets in their own sheet protectors so they all have copies then of the ADR #'s, important WDW phone numbers and every other thing. They are nice to journal on when there are changes in plans, daily surprises and special moments we don't want to forget. They all add these 'souvenir' planning sheets to their scrapbooks when we return.

hope you like our idea

I did something like this. The bendy binder was convenient.

Saw simular DISign by Kellybell and thought that I'd see what I could come up with. I used a desktop wallpaper that I had downloaded during a sweepstakes in Feb.

I've actually just started my binder for our last minute (for me) trip in August. For those of you near a Meijer, I found a binder similar to the red one pictured earlier with a snap closer instead of a zipper and it was on clearance for $5.99. It's bright "Disney" red and I love it. It already has over 50 pages in it!! My kids love flipping through it too. Thanks for the great ideas, I can't wait to add more to my book!

I was just getting ready to toss out last years school calendar, and realized i could turn it into one of these organizers with a little scrapbook paper and some stickers! Yeah! I am too excited about this! Anyone else have photos of theirs to share???

I start a new binder for each new trip, I am glad I did this years ago as it makes for a great history reference. Often the question comes up why didn't we do this or that, and usually the answer is lets go to that binder and we discover it was not available for that visit. Or sometimes cost comparisons for then and now and of course park hours for that trip. I also use full size binders with top load sheet protectors for all my information and have a spread sheet that was shared with me for daily activities and ADR's that I print out, not only for myself, but I also supply the information to the rest of our group, especially handy since we are in more than one room this time and my kids will be 17 and 21 yrs old, so they do not stay with mom while in the parks and can figure out where to meet mom in an instant.

I also put daily information on index cards, they fit quite nicely in my fanny pack (yes, I wear one no matter how silly I look when at Disney). Easy reference when I forget the ADR time or just incase when I arrive for my ADR, I have my # handy!

So many good ideas on this thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter