My "budget" autograph book is done!

Originally posted by sorchamac
These are all great ideas!! I was thinking of getting 4 X 6 sketchbooks, since they are already bound. But I also like the idea of the photo albums.

Keep the ideas coming!! I'd love to hear more -

Sorcha

You can still use the sketch pad...At any craft store, or walmart even, you can buy adhesive photo corners. They are little stickers that fit over the corners of your photo so you can pop them in or out. For a more permanent adhesive, you can use "photo splits" which are just little tabs of adhsive tape safe for photos.

The good thing about using scrapbook material though is that the paper won't yellow over time and it looks good longer.

Originally posted by frstimer128
You can still use the sketch pad...At any craft store, or walmart even, you can buy adhesive photo corners. They are little stickers that fit over the corners of your photo so you can pop them in or out. For a more permanent adhesive, you can use "photo splits" which are just little tabs of adhsive tape safe for photos.

The good thing about using scrapbook material though is that the paper won't yellow over time and it looks good longer.

Great!! I'm not very "crafty" so I wouldn't have thought of that! I do have some birthday cards saved to put on the cover of our homemade autograph books. I just don't like the store bought books that I've seen. They seem too cheap to me.

Sorcha

I bought a little 4x6 photo abum (little three ring thing so you can add more photo sleeve inserts) with Mickey and Friends on the front. We can add tons of sleeves for all the characters, inserting them front and back together in the sleeve.

Then I printed pictures of each character you could meet on 4x6 index cards. The characters always make a big deal out of signing their "picture" and this is great to get on videotape. They usually take it to their handler, or another character if one is nearby, to sho off. Donald did this with Daisy, for example. The villians are the best!

My favorite was Uncle Scrooge, on Christmas Day at MK. His handler said he is only there that one day a year, so he was shocked to see a picture of himself to sign. He went on and on gesturing about it.

I take them out and put them in the scrapbook once we're at home, and use the ones not signed as clip art for other pages.

I love the idea of homemade autograph books! I'm taking my DGDs (7+11) in November and would like to make them for each girl. I guess I'm not a "hip" grandma, because I'm really not up on all the Disney characters. Is there a site that lists all the characters that you might encounter to have sign the book at WDW?

ncbyrne - Try this site and click on the link to Character Greeting. This is a list of all the characters. When I made my books, I put the characters in order alphabetically by movie title, so it was easy to find the characters. For Mickey, Minnie, Donald etc. I put them at the beginning of the book. It was so much fun to make and the kids loved it. I also left quite a few blank pages in the back for those characters I couldn't find clipart for or those I was unsure who they were.

Have fun!

http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/characters.html

Wow! There are about 60 different characters at that site! Do you print out graphic and have a page for ALL of them, or just pick ones you think the kids will want? When I started this craft idea, I had no idea how involved this would become!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter