My ABD Wish List for 2011 and Beyond

It was great--going with the ABD group gave us VIP placement on parade routes, a great dinner at Walt's on Main Street--and special park guides lead two different groups through rides (thrill rides and less strenuous rides); as I found out, the roller coaster rides were much more intense there than at DL or WDW!

Isn't that the truth! There must be no OSHA rules for roller coaster safety there. I thought I was going to need neck surgery after a couple of rides!

Bobo, I totally agree with the spring break trips. Our district always connects spring break with Easter, so DD ends up having a lot of time off - we prefer to travel then, both because we live at a summer vacation destination, and because DD goes to camp for so long in the summer. Doing a summer ABD takes away her only time home.

One other suggestion: on the website they could post a reading list for each trip. Kids' books and adults' fiction and/or nonfiction that focuses on the area of the tour, history, etc. Anything to start building connections and excitement before departure.

We have done both Tauck and ABD trips (Germany and Paris and Provence). We are scheduled for China this summer. Tauck experiences were wonderful with top of the line accommodations and meals. The guides were good but not in the same league as the Disney guides. Our Tauck trips were to South Africa, the Galapagos, the quest for the west . I booked a trip to Egypt for the fall with my dad but chose not to go with Tauck because it was almost three times as expensive as another tour company. Sometimes price does have to drive the decision. I too would like choices for spring break departures. Our France trip was over our spring break last year. When we tried to book for this spring break, there was nothing available, so we ended up on a cruise that fit our time off perfectly. Our ABD guides told us that Hawaii was one of their first destinations but was cancelled because once people got there, they wanted to relax and go to the beach and were not interested in lots of scheduled activities that ABD usually does. I also agree about the airfare. There are not a lot of great deals out there right now , so a little help from Disney would go a long way!

Our ABD guides told us that Hawaii was one of their first destinations but was cancelled because once people got there, they wanted to relax and go to the beach and were not interested in lots of scheduled activities that ABD usually does.
That's really interesting! I'd never heard that. I wondered why they stopped doing Hawaii. Ironically, I didn't sign up for one of the Hawaii trips because I thought it didn't have *enough* activities!!! Obviously, I was wrong!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter