MVMCP - Best strategy for date choice?

TinkOhio

DIS Veteran
I am planning to take my daughter to the MVMCP after she is finished with her college finals. We will be in the area for about a week, and the parties that fit into our time frame are Dec. 14th. 15th, and 17th. My hope it to wait until a week or less out to choose which party to attend. I don't mind cold weather, but my objective is to avoid rain! We attended the MNSSHP on a night where it rained for most of the party. We still had fun, but the rain definitely made it less enjoyable. And the weather was warm then. I'm really don't want to spend the money to attend a chilly, rainy party.

What is the best strategy to accomplish this with? I want to make sure to buy the tickets before dates are sold out. Is one party more likely than others to sell out? And will one party likely be less crowded than others?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Maybe this will help? http://blog.touringplans.com/2017/06/21/finding-least-crowded-mickeys-merry-christmas-party-2017/

It's all just predictions, though and you can't control the weather. If you have some flexibility, perhaps wait until a week before so you can check the weather before purchasing. If that makes you too nervous, I would probably do Dec. 14. Dec. 15 is a Friday so will most likely attract a lot of locals and many kids will start having school vacation the week of Dec. 17 (I know mine does!).

I am planning to take my daughter to the MVMCP after she is finished with her college finals. We will be in the area for about a week, and the parties that fit into our time frame are Dec. 14th. 15th, and 17th. My hope it to wait until a week or less out to choose which party to attend. I don't mind cold weather, but my objective is to avoid rain! We attended the MNSSHP on a night where it rained for most of the party. We still had fun, but the rain definitely made it less enjoyable. And the weather was warm then. I'm really don't want to spend the money to attend a chilly, rainy party.

What is the best strategy to accomplish this with? I want to make sure to buy the tickets before dates are sold out. Is one party more likely than others to sell out? And will one party likely be less crowded than others?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Wait too long and dates could sell out. I think the closer to Christmas, more likely to sellout. I would shoot for the 14th.

I just bit the bullet and bought my tickets to MVMCP on Dec. 3. I didn't want to wait any longer after I saw today that the Dec. 1 party (a Friday) sold out 2 days ago.

I think once a party sells out, it spurs others like me to stop putting off buying their tickets - putting more parties in risk of selling out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter