Music of Pixar Dining Package & new Fantastic Dining Package

Are paying OOP? I booked the combo pkg with dinner at H&V and was quite horrified to see the price.

Guests who purchase The Music of Pixar Live! and Fantasmic! Dining Package can enjoy one of three performances of The Music of Pixar Live! and the evening’s single showing of Fantasmic!—in addition to a meal at one of the following restaurants:

Hollywood & Vine

• Breakfast – $44 per adult and $28 per child
  • Lunch – $57 per adult and $35 per child
  • Dinner – $62 per adult and $38 per child
Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano

• Lunch & Dinner – $50 per adult and $21 per child
The Hollywood Brown Derby

• Lunch & Dinner – $70 per adult and $25 per child
$62 for dinner at H&V!!!! I'm sticking with it as we are on the DDP and it's 1 TS credit. But I know I'll cry a bit when I pay the tip for my party of 7. I actually wanted MM since we'll get the app too, but am going with my 3.5 yr old niece and my SIL asked for H&V when I gave them the choice. If I was going OOP, HBD is a much better deal for only $8 more!
For our family of 5 (3 Disney adults, 2 children), OOP prices:
H&V: $262
Brown Derby: $260

I would do Brown Derby, also, OOP.

But, as we are on DDP, we are doing H&V for 1 TS credit. (We're not that thrilled about MM's menu)

Are paying OOP? I booked the combo pkg with dinner at H&V and was quite horrified to see the price.

Guests who purchase The Music of Pixar Live! and Fantasmic! Dining Package can enjoy one of three performances of The Music of Pixar Live! and the evening’s single showing of Fantasmic!—in addition to a meal at one of the following restaurants:

Hollywood & Vine

• Breakfast – $44 per adult and $28 per child
  • Lunch – $57 per adult and $35 per child
  • Dinner – $62 per adult and $38 per child
Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano

• Lunch & Dinner – $50 per adult and $21 per child
The Hollywood Brown Derby

• Lunch & Dinner – $70 per adult and $25 per child
$62 for dinner at H&V!!!! I'm sticking with it as we are on the DDP and it's 1 TS credit. But I know I'll cry a bit when I pay the tip for my party of 7. I actually wanted MM since we'll get the app too, but am going with my 3.5 yr old niece and my SIL asked for H&V when I gave them the choice. If I was going OOP, HBD is a much better deal for only $8 more!

Yeah it's insane how much it is! I'm going with my family which includes 3 nieces and 1 nephew all under 4 years old so H&V with the Disney Jr. characters is perfect for them. I'm just doing this for the kids LOL, otherwise I'd book MM.
We are not on the DDP but I have TIW, although sometimes they do not take TIW for special event packages. I know this because I tried to use it for our Tiffin's RoL dining package in Feb and they said no can do. :headache:

I am toying with just keeping our breakfast ADR with only the pixar package and just waiting for Fantasmic or just getting FP for Fantasmic another day (maybe even same day if we're lucky). The pixar only breakfast package is 39 per adult...but now that we have lunch it's closer to 58 per adult. That is kinda ridiculous to pay 20 bucks extra for reserved seating. I may say screw it and use that money to sign us all up for the STAR WARS dessert party instead because for a little bit more at least we get desserts and a chewie mug. :rotfl:

BTW, looks like we'll be in WDW the same time! We're Aug 12-20!

Yeah it's insane how much it is! I'm going with my family which includes 3 nieces and 1 nephew all under 4 years old so H&V with the Disney Jr. characters is perfect for them. I'm just doing this for the kids LOL, otherwise I'd book MM.
We are not on the DDP but I have TIW, although sometimes they do not take TIW for special event packages. I know this because I tried to use it for our Tiffin's RoL dining package in Feb and they said no can do. :headache:

I am toying with just keeping our breakfast ADR with only the pixar package and just waiting for Fantasmic or just getting FP for Fantasmic another day (maybe even same day if we're lucky). The pixar only breakfast package is 39 per adult...but now that we have lunch it's closer to 58 per adult. That is kinda ridiculous to pay 20 bucks extra for reserved seating. I may say screw it and use that money to sign us all up for the STAR WARS dessert party instead because for a little bit more at least we get desserts and a chewie mug. :rotfl:

BTW, looks like we'll be in WDW the same time! We're Aug 12-20!

Makes sense. That's why we're going to end up at H&V too lol! Paying OOP, I'd probably just wait for Fantasmic. My original plan had been to send one or two folks from our party to snag seats at F! while the rest of us take my niece to do stuff.

We're excited about our August trip...so many new things to see - last time my family was there was last March.

Wait a second - in August I think you get Minnie and gang for lunch. Or did they extend Disney Jr until the Fall? I forget.

Makes sense. That's why we're going to end up at H&V too lol! Paying OOP, I'd probably just wait for Fantasmic. My original plan had been to send one or two folks from our party to snag seats at F! while the rest of us take my niece to do stuff.

We're excited about our August trip...so many new things to see - last time my family was there was last March.

Wait a second - in August I think you get Minnie and gang for lunch. Or did they extend Disney Jr until the Fall? I forget.
Disney Jr lunch is extended too fall

That's a good idea to have people snag seats beforehand. Right now we have the 2nd show for Pixar which is 6:45pm - when it's done it's probably going to be 7:30pm, that's leaves us a rather restless hour and a half until Fantasmic...however if we booked the Star Wars dessert party we can probably just head to Launch bay and check in at 7:45pm. I'm a bit torn. It's tough when you're the planner of the trip :)

Yup I confirmed with the CM I booked with that lunch still includes the Disney Jr Characters. :)

Disney Jr lunch is extended too fall

I remember hearing something but couldn't remember when it was to. For some reason I had thought the extension ended before my trip. Oh well, very glad I pushed harder for dinner since my niece doesn't know any of the Disney Jr characters.

@chunkymonkey I have the same extended debates with myself. It's not easy being the planner for a bigger group! Stakes are higher when planning for other families.

That's a good idea to have people snag seats beforehand. Right now we have the 2nd show for Pixar which is 6:45pm - when it's done it's probably going to be 7:30pm, that's leaves us a rather restless hour and a half until Fantasmic...however if we booked the Star Wars dessert party we can probably just head to Launch bay and check in at 7:45pm. I'm a bit torn. It's tough when you're the planner of the trip :)

Yup I confirmed with the CM I booked with that lunch still includes the Disney Jr Characters. :)

This is exactly our plan!

I had booked the Star Wars dessert party first, with a 3pm ADR for MM. When I discovered this Pixar package, I moved the MM to 2pm, did a bit of research with the WDW calendar to see show begin and end times, and couldn't believe it all worked out!

I'll be in Disney the same dates as you!

I have a problem we can only do this on our day we will be hopping to Epcot. I changed my reservation for a lunch 12:50 at MM and got the 3rd show. Which is what we wanted. We are getting the express transportation so I didn't think it would be to much trouble to hop back and forth. We planned to eat lunch at MM get the voucher then hop to Epcot and then back to the Pixar show. Will there be any trouble with our voucher when we return for the show since we had left the park? Is it going to be on our magic band or a piece of paper?

I have a problem we can only do this on our day we will be hopping to Epcot. I changed my reservation for a lunch 12:50 at MM and got the 3rd show. Which is what we wanted. We are getting the express transportation so I didn't think it would be to much trouble to hop back and forth. We planned to eat lunch at MM get the voucher then hop to Epcot and then back to the Pixar show. Will there be any trouble with our voucher when we return for the show since we had left the park? Is it going to be on our magic band or a piece of paper?
No one knows how they will do it. For every other package you get a paper voucher at your meal. But many (including me) have the pixar show before the ADR time so we won't have a voucher. As you don't need a magic band to get the package it will probably be a checklist like they use for ppo adrs.

Regardless, there won't be any issue leaving the park after lunch and returning for shows. Lots of people leave the park for afternoon rests and come back for evening shows. Just make sure to leave plenty of travel time.

Just called, they dont have the schedule out yet for October. Still a ways away but didn't hurt to ask :) I'd need to combine mine since i already have the fantasmic dining booked.

No one knows how they will do it. For every other package you get a paper voucher at your meal. But many (including me) have the pixar show before the ADR time so we won't have a voucher. As you don't need a magic band to get the package it will probably be a checklist like they use for ppo adrs.

Regardless, there won't be any issue leaving the park after lunch and returning for shows. Lots of people leave the park for afternoon rests and come back for evening shows. Just make sure to leave plenty of travel time.
Ok thank you.

@chunkymonkey I have the same extended debates with myself. It's not easy being the planner for a bigger group! Stakes are higher when planning for other families.

For DH and myself it's been fairly straightforward. I know what we like and don't like, but when it comes to my extended family of 11, it's been a roller coaster planning! Most of them are newbies too so I really want them to enjoy themselves.

This is exactly our plan!

I had booked the Star Wars dessert party first, with a 3pm ADR for MM. When I discovered this Pixar package, I moved the MM to 2pm, did a bit of research with the WDW calendar to see show begin and end times, and couldn't believe it all worked out!

I'll be in Disney the same dates as you!

Haha you have convinced me! The timing just seems to work better. We will watch Fantasmic another day. I booked the dessert party for our group of 11 people. We're going the night of August 14th - when are you guys going?

Is the pricing just for the combo? I booked just the Pixar Live and I don't see any special pricing. I the 1st Pixar show booked with a 7pm dinner, which is kinda late for us, so I was wondering if we have to actually order a dinner for all of us. We may just order apps and/dessert. But I don't know if that counts and I really don't want to spend $50 per person for this.

Is the pricing just for the combo? I booked just the Pixar Live and I don't see any special pricing. I the 1st Pixar show booked with a 7pm dinner, which is kinda late for us, so I was wondering if we have to actually order a dinner for all of us. We may just order apps and/dessert. But I don't know if that counts and I really don't want to spend $50 per person for this.

It is a set price incl apps, entree, dessert for each person. U can eat less but u still have to pay the set $50pp price.

I was able to call and book a combo dining package for H&V breakfast and my reservation says this: "Hollywood & Vine Breakfast F! Pixar Friends Live in Concert 3rd Show". So I am pretty confident I booked the right thing but... how do you think they are going to handle the 8:15pm Pixar show and then getting the package people over to Fantasmic! in time for 9pm show? I read that Pixar show is about 40 minutes. That leaves 5 minutes (maybe) before F! starts. Please help me out if I missed something here. thanks all! I saw others had this booked too but was just curious if any phone agents had insight on this. My agent just said it must be "ok". Not feeling super confident.

Last edited:
I just called...third time. She said I have both the Pixar and the Fantasmic. On her screen it is showing correctly. I am not going to worry about it anymore. Hakuna Matata.

It is a set price incl apps, entree, dessert for each person. U can eat less but u still have to pay the set $50pp price.

But is that is the price for the Pixar and Fantasmic Package? What is the price for just the Pixar Live? We don't have the the combo reserved, just the Pixar. If we have to pay $50 per person, I don't think we will do it.

I just found the prices for the Pixar Live. I don't think that we will be doing it. Hopefully, we can get seats without the package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter