Mummy reopening

It’s getting closer. Team members preview today from 11:00-5:00. Black tarps in windows have been removed. Still no official reopening date for guests.

ETA: TMs are still testing it and apparently are testing it until closing tonight.

Last edited:

It’s getting closer. Team members preview today from 11:00-5:00. Black tarps in windows have been removed. Still no official reopening date for guests.
I saw both of things happened, if team member previews are today, what does that mean for guests? Could it open within days?

I saw both of things happened, if team member previews are today, what does that mean for guests? Could it open within days?
My guess is yes within days but that is only a guess. There could always be a possibility that they’d have to tweak things with the ride if necessary.

So I went poking around last evening looking at the UO subreddit and a few TM's had ridden it and said it's the same ride and story, that some of the track was replaced and the ride was nice and smooth. They said the lighting in the launch tunnel was updated, visuals are better (4K) and a few special effects were tweaked. And Brendan is still asking for his coffee. :surfweb:

Any gossip on when this is going open? I was hoping by this weekend but that's starting to sink...

No still nothing. Just read that Team Members are going to be testing the ride again today but no word on any kind of soft opening etc. Hope you both get to ride it before your trip ends. Fingers crossed

Any gossip on when this is going open? I was hoping by this weekend but that's starting to sink...

Nope. I’m here now, Friday is my last chance to ride until December :(
Currently at 7:35am the ride is showing ‘5 minute wait’ instead of ‘Closed’ in the app so hopefully today?? Unless they’re just testing out times for it in the app.

ETA: crap it’s back to stating ‘closed’ in the app. Glimmer of hope though

Last edited:
Currently at 7:35am the ride is showing ‘5 minute wait’ instead of ‘Closed’ in the app so hopefully today?? Unless they’re just testing out times for it in the app.

ETA: crap it’s back to stating ‘closed’ in the app. Glimmer of hope though
Hmmm. Park wasn’t open at 7:35 so that’s odd. I’m just going to check out and hang by the pool until my flight home.

Hmmm. Park wasn’t open at 7:35 so that’s odd. I’m just going to check out and hang by the pool until my flight home.
Yes I prematurely got excited because any other time when I check, the app always says Closed (which it does now again anyways). I guess they were just testing times out… or a glitch. Enjoy your pool time!!

We are going September 2-10. I have always just assumed it would be open for our trip because that is definitely "late summer" or actually later than that in my mind. I'm actually starting to worry for our trip now. I really hope it opens very soon! We even had our 16 year old watch the movie to prepare. He loved the movie and I know he would love the ride!

We are going September 2-10. I have always just assumed it would be open for our trip because that is definitely "late summer" or actually later than that in my mind. I'm actually starting to worry for our trip now. I really hope it opens very soon! We even had our 16 year old watch the movie to prepare. He loved the movie and I know he would love the ride!
Oh don’t say that. We will be there part of the same time. I think it will be open by 9/1 ( hopefully sooner).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter