multiple resorts

pluto109

Mouseketeer
is it too confusing to own points at three different resorts...we own 200 bwv points and just added 50 wlv points both august use year. we may wait for 100 points at beach club..or buy at wlv.. is it too hard to keep track of the points..

That depends if you're a detail person or not? Really I think you should make the decision based on where you want the 11 Month priority. Do you intend to stay at BW and VWL and BCV? Buy where you want to stay, otherwise it probably isn't worth the confusion

Can someone tell me if there is any advantage to owning at 3 resorts with small contracts? we are considering something similar using two resorts. In our case, our OKW resale will give us more then enough for a 2 bdr in the time we travel but adding on 100 or 150 points at another resort is not enough points to book a 1 bdr, much less a 2 bdr for a full week. So, what would be the sense in owning small amounts of points at different resorts? I'm curious.
Lisa

The smaller contracts at other resorts may be banked and borrowed to combine those points to be used every other or every third year. Some have fouind this to be a nice way to utilize the DVC program. Enjoy!

Doc
doc@wdwinfo.com

We own at 3 resorts (got the paperwork for contract 7 yesterday). I find it easy to keep track of the banking/borrowing/buying of the three contracts. I use lined notebook paper and 3 different colored pens. Plus, MS has always been very helpful for the 7 years we've been members.

I also own at three resorts and have found it to be quite simple to keep track. I love having the benefit of having the 11 month booking window at all three.

Own at all 5 resorts here, and so far no problem keeping track of points. I'm a planner, and I like to plan at 11 months out. This allows me to combine a WDW stay with a HH or VB stay, and make all arrangements 11 months out. I also get to stay at all 3 WDW resorts, and not have to worry about the 7 month window. I admit, I'm addicted, and will probably be among the first to add-on at BCV.

We currently own at BWV. We plan on adding on at HH with a smaller contract. If you wish to stay at HH during the summer, the 11 mo window is necessary. Our plans are to bank and borrow with these points so that we can visit HH during the summer ever 2 or three years.

jane.gif

Disney Vacation Club Board Co-Moderator
DVC and Cruise Chat Hostess
Cruise Board List Mistress

<font size=4 color=blue font face="Comic Sans MS">Robin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter