Multi-Site POS Revision Dated 01/19/19

I would disagree about it being too big to walk around. Maybe if you are disabled or in ill health. Maybe if you are very unfit or obese, but in the latter two categories you need to be walking more anyway.
I shake my head when I keep reading how it's ridiculously far around SSR, from the lobby to rooms at Kidani etc. These are not big distances.
Being able to walk extensively around a resort and to DS is a big plus for many.

I don't have a disability, however, I am aging and have moderate arthritis. The point is not that it's an impossible walk, the point is the time that it's taking to walk from one side to the other and time at WDW is a precious commodity for many. The main amenities are far from many of the rooms at SSR, likewise the rooms at the end of the hall at Kidani. To walk to the lobby just to fill your refillable mug at Kidani isn't worth it. I don't know if you have ever stayed on the end section of Kidani, I have. When I'm home I walk to as many places as possible, rather than take my car. When I'm on vacation, I'm looking for a little convenience.

For Riviera I got 1,021.5 Equivalent studios (38 real studios, 29 1 bedrooms roughly 2 times the size, 238 2 Bedrooms, lockoff and dedicated, roughly 3 times the size, 12 grand villas roughly 5 times the size, and 24 tower studios roughly 0.75 times the size) so 6,739,966 points * $6.5478 / 1,021.5 equivalent studios gave me the $43,203.08.
I didn’t realize any room distribution information was out for Riviera - number of each accommodation type. Where did you see that? Thanks!

I didn’t realize any room distribution information was out for Riviera - number of each accommodation type. Where did you see that? Thanks!

It is in documents DVD has filed for seeking approval of its Riviera POS with the timeshare division of the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation. See my post #102 at page 6 of this thread, and then also #109 which relates to annual dues, for which Riviera will have the highest of any resort at WDW.

It is in documents DVD has filed for seeking approval of its Riviera POS with the timeshare division of the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation. See my post #102 at page 6 of this thread, and then also #109 which relates to annual dues, for which Riviera will have the highest of any resort at WDW.
I wonder a little though if the dues are high because Disney is already taking in to account where they will be for the next few years and don’t want to shock buyers seeing a significant jump from year 1 to year 2 or year 3 and worry what that might hold for future years. We all know dues went up significantly for current resorts this year and many speculate a significant increase over the next couple years to meet the new wages the union contracts stipulate. Perhaps Disney wants to set the initial dues high so they can say there was a minimal (like 1-2% increase) in the next handful of years rather than have significant increases happening each year while Riviera is actively being sold.

I wonder a little though if the dues are high because Disney is already taking in to account where they will be for the next few years and don’t want to shock buyers seeing a significant jump from year 1 to year 2 or year 3 and worry what that might hold for future years. We all know dues went up significantly for current resorts this year and many speculate a significant increase over the next couple years to meet the new wages the union contracts stipulate. Perhaps Disney wants to set the initial dues high so they can say there was a minimal (like 1-2% increase) in the next handful of years rather than have significant increases happening each year while Riviera is actively being sold.
That was something that I wondered also. Looking at the total points for the resort when looking at the ability to reserve a room type compared to other resorts I’m expecting it to be up there with PVB and VGF but probably not more expensive than them. Since I’m guessing the points per night will be closer to BLT lake view area.

Those wage increases apply to operational cost items in the dues not to reserve items. Under accounting rules applicable to associations, they cannot charge you in one year a portion of the operational costs that the association believes it will incur in future years. Thus, it is doubtful any portion of the wage increases that may apply to 2020 and after are being built into the 2019 budget.

Those wage increases apply to operational cost items in the dues not to reserve items. Under accounting rules applicable to associations, they cannot charge you in one year a portion of the operational costs that the association believes it will incur in future years. Thus, it is doubtful any portion of the wage increases that may apply to 2020 and after are being built into the 2019 budget.
They could be offering higher wages to those employees since those will likely all be new positions, or moving CM over to this resort that are more senior (thus already being paid more). This would be a good move on their end because during active sales it won't look good with a large increase in costs. Or they are beefing up Capital/Reserves costs above what is really needed (Disney can set that with a pretty high autonomy) to lower that in the following 2 years (offset increasing wages) to keep the increases modest at Riviera compared to the older resorts. Accounting tricks might occur here relatively easily.

Disney already knows the Wage increase for all the current DVCs so I would be surprised if they aren't doing anything to make Riviera more moderate/balanced increases to the MF. This wasn't to say they will do this. Just to say I see it as a possibility and in-line with other moves on their end in my opinion. Plus this is dues for 2019 for a resort that should open in September area which is around the time the wages ladder up again.

They could be offering higher wages to those employees since those will likely all be new positions, or moving CM over to this resort that are more senior (thus already being paid more). This would be a good move on their end because during active sales it won't look good with a large increase in costs. Or they are beefing up Capital/Reserves costs above what is really needed (Disney can set that with a pretty high autonomy) to lower that in the following 2 years (offset increasing wages) to keep the increases modest at Riviera compared to the older resorts. Accounting tricks might occur here relatively easily.

Disney already knows the Wage increase for all the current DVCs so I would be surprised if they aren't doing anything to make Riviera more moderate/balanced increases to the MF. This wasn't to say they will do this. Just to say I see it as a possibility and in-line with other moves on their end in my opinion. Plus this is dues for 2019 for a resort that should open in September area which is around the time the wages ladder up again.

Paying more to CM's at one location just because it's coming vs others would never go over with other CM's, union nor WDW.

Actually not a bad idea at all. Like they hijacked Lyft to create the Minnie van, they could create a bike or scooter rental for the larger resorts that would work like the real world services like Ofobikes or Bird.
maybe I should send an email into them as a suggestion for guest improvement.

Paying more to CM's at one location just because it's coming vs others would never go over with other CM's, union nor WDW.
It would when considering it is opening at the next pay increase (September) and they would need to hire (bring in temporarily) more senior CMs because it is a new resort so more senior staff would be needed to set it up and train. I'm not saying pay them more but why start them at the current rate when in 1-2 months they will bumped up. What I mean to suggest is higher skilled employees are needed to establish a resort, and it's opening time frame sets it right before the next pay raise. So other resorts will be open all year with pay at $11 from January 1 to March 1, $12 from March 1 to September 1, and $13 from September 1 to end of year. So determining the average minimum pay for existing resorts for the entire year is lower than that of Riviera. So I expect Riviera will see it's salary portions to be higher because it didn't have 8 months of cheaper labor to spread the raises across.

Existing DVC Resorts Minimum Pay (Weighted by Time stated is in effect) - $12.10
Riviera (Assuming Fall opening of September 22, first day of fall) - $13 flat

If (and a strong assumption) everyone is paid minimum Riviera will have pay that is ~7.5% higher because it didn't have the period of collecting dues during the lower wage windows that covered more than half the year. Essentially Riviera is seeing $13 an hour right away while the other resorts are have the benefit to average that cost out over a year (bleeding it in).

FYI: I'm sure in my original post this wasn't clear. When I said they could be offering higher wages I meant this post because of the wages being increased in September (also the other bump in March). Though I wouldn't be surprised to see them inflate the Reserve Component to drop that down in 2020 dues to normalize out wage increases (but the next one isn't until October 2020 so that shouldn't be a huge impact to the 2020 dues). The next large impact to all resorts will be

http://fortune.com/2018/08/26/walt-disney-world-workers-win-15-dollar-minimum-wage/

Last edited:
Thank you!

The main amenities are far from many of the rooms at SSR, likewise the rooms at the end of the hall at Kidani. To walk to the lobby just to fill your refillable mug at Kidani isn't worth it. I don't know if you have ever stayed on the end section of Kidani, I have. When I'm home I walk to as many places as possible, rather than take my car. When I'm on vacation, I'm looking for a little convenience.

Yes, Kidani, the only resort in the world that I know of where the walk down the hall from lobby to end rooms on the north wing is so long that you should plan on carrying a tent and sleeping bags so that halfway down the hallway you can rest for the night, and then continue the arduous journey to your room when you are fresh in the morning.

nkosiek said:
I think this is partly in response to recent resale purchasers (specifically at the older EPCOT resorts) who bought ONLY to stay there and have, in conjunction with the point charts, made booking during Fall Frenzy more difficult, at times impossible without major walking.

Funny... I have owned BWV for 20 years, and have never walked to get F/W week or days... Don't know what you are talking about..:(

Not to change topic, but have there been any updates on the interpretation of the Multi-site POS or any other updates from Disney on the ambiguous language?

Not to change topic, but have there been any updates on the interpretation of the Multi-site POS or any other updates from Disney on the ambiguous language?
I'm speaking with higher ups (legal and compliance) on this 3/1. I spoke with Quality Assurance leaders and they said 100% without a doubt Disney intends to enforce that contracts to be grand fathered in would have had to been submitted for ROFR before 1/19/2019. I'm mainly speaking with someone about the sentence structure on how it is up to interpretation to gauge their answer. But after the 1st I'm assuming that is the final line. I didn't really need the call since I was told their interpretation but they suggested I express my concern on the language.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter