• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moving a DLR Trip to Walt Disney World- Let’s Talk!

We just booked flights for June! Still debating about hotel. Leaning towards Coronado Springs again. We loved it there. ☺
YEAH!!!!! I'm so excited for you!! We are staying at All-Star Movies. Coronado Springs huh? That sounds really cool. I'll have to look it up to see what it looks like. :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Just looked up Coronado Springs. It is soooooooooooooooo cool!!! I see why you loved it so much. :wave2:
Yes! It’s pretty awesome! And for our dates, not much more than the value resorts. Which we totally looked into as well. Also looked into off site. Which is cheaper....until I calculated the Uber/and or rental car fees into it. So we booked at Coronado again! This time got a 7 day ticket with the water parks option. Now to figure out which days to go to which parks and make our park reservations!

Yes! It’s pretty awesome! And for our dates, not much more than the value resorts. Which we totally looked into as well. Also looked into off site. Which is cheaper....until I calculated the Uber/and or rental car fees into it. So we booked at Coronado again! This time got a 7 day ticket with the water parks option. Now to figure out which days to go to which parks and make our park reservations!
Yeah, we are doing the "bubble" thing. One less thing to worry about. 7days? So awesome for you. I made our park reservations right off. I think I did it right. I can see in My Plans each day it shows the park we are going to with the words park pass and it shows each of us in the party. And if I go to view details it gives me the option to cancel reservation. So, I made the reservations right? I think I'm just being dumb about it. :) So happy for you!!!

Yeah, we are doing the "bubble" thing. One less thing to worry about. 7days? So awesome for you. I made our park reservations right off. I think I did it right. I can see in My Plans each day it shows the park we are going to with the words park pass and it shows each of us in the party. And if I go to view details it gives me the option to cancel reservation. So, I made the reservations right? I think I'm just being dumb about it. :) So happy for you!!!
Yea! That should be right. For ours last time, it showed up in the app like that. Then once we could book dining, that also popped up.

Yea! That should be right. For ours last time, it showed up in the app like that. Then once we could book dining, that also popped up.
Cool. Thanks. AND, it looks like we are getting cell phones soon. I'm looking forward to figuring our smartphone out. AND, getting that app downloaded. Once I download it, do I have transfer the My Plans somehow and get our magic bands connected too? Sorry for the dumb questions, and I promise I won't ask a ton of those. I pretty much need to know the basics. It's probably on the website huh? It's going to be totally weird doing the cell phone thing. I feel like an old lady even though I'm not. :rotfl2:

Cool. Thanks. AND, it looks like we are getting cell phones soon. I'm looking forward to figuring our smartphone out. AND, getting that app downloaded. Once I download it, do I have transfer the My Plans somehow and get our magic bands connected too? Sorry for the dumb questions, and I promise I won't ask a ton of those. I pretty much need to know the basics. It's probably on the website huh? It's going to be totally weird doing the cell phone thing. I feel like an old lady even though I'm not. :rotfl2:

Nope, you won't have to do anything. Just login into the app using the same login/password as you do on the website and all of the information will be right there for you!

Hi! You are not asking dumb questions!! Once you download the My Disney experience app and log in, all your plans should pop up. You can see your plans by going to the 3 horizontal lines (at bottom on iPhone) then it should bring up a screen to see your name at the top. And have a button for “my plans”.

Our magic bands were automatically linked last trip, so I haven’t looked into how I can do that for this trip yet. Once I know anything, I’ll post here.

I’m glad you’re getting phones! For me, my phone was so useful since we didn’t know our way around very well. We used it mobile orders and the map the most!

Hi! You are not asking dumb questions!! Once you download the My Disney experience app and log in, all your plans should pop up. You can see your plans by going to the 3 horizontal lines (at bottom on iPhone) then it should bring up a screen to see your name at the top. And have a button for “my plans”.

Our magic bands were automatically linked last trip, so I haven’t looked into how I can do that for this trip yet. Once I know anything, I’ll post here.

I’m glad you’re getting phones! For me, my phone was so useful since we didn’t know our way around very well. We used it mobile orders and the map the most!

For new Magic Bands, you should not have to do anything if you order them through Disney (MDE) as part of your reservation. Also, you can use any that you have. So you can take your old ones back with you too. I usually take 5-6 magic bands so I can have choices depending on park or outfit. All will be active as long as you don't deactivate them (and that is something you actually have to do).

Thank you so much! Yes, we want to use it for MO and maps as well. MK will be strange I'm sure. We will probably walk in and expect certain places to be where they are at DL. It will be a little weird for a bit. But fun at the same time. You know what I can't wait for? Hearing all the background sounds and music. I'm sure I will get teary when I hear it for the first time. A good teary though. :wave2:

For new Magic Bands, you should not have to do anything if you order them through Disney (MDE) as part of your reservation. Also, you can use any that you have. So you can take your old ones back with you too. I usually take 5-6 magic bands so I can have choices depending on park or outfit. All will be active as long as you don't deactivate them (and that is something you actually have to do).
That's great to know. Thank you. Yes, we did get them through Disney. I just went completely through them so I knew everything would be right there. Thanks again. I hope you have a nice day! :wave2:

This was posted in another thread and might be of interest to those planning trips to WDW. Our beloved Betty-who-used-to-be-with-LMTC now works with house rentals in the WDW area. She (@babeblews) is always super kind and super helpful. We loved her help with LMTC and wish her the best in her new job!

This was posted in another thread and might be of interest to those planning trips to WDW. Our beloved Betty-who-used-to-be-with-LMTC now works with house rentals in the WDW area. She (@babeblews) is always super kind and super helpful. We loved her help with LMTC and wish her the best in her new job!
Thank you so very much

Good morning all thank you for sharing that thread...I'm back everyone.. missed you all thank god 2020 is over with and i am looking forward to a better 2021... god bless you all

We just made our park reservations! It was a lot harder of a decision this time! Adding Epcot and a waterpark, plus having 7 days, we had to decide which park to only spend one day at. We decided to only have one day at DHS and get there early and spend as much time as possible there. Our last trip, we got the least amount accomplished at DHS. It was super crowded. I hope we made the right decision!!

Ok, I need help! For those who have been to WDW in summer, what should I expect? We usually really enjoy humid weather (Hawaii) but I’m getting the sense that FL is a lot more intense than Hawaii! Lol. We plan on bringing cooling towels and refillable water bottles. Any other tips/advice?

Ok, I need help! For those who have been to WDW in summer, what should I expect? We usually really enjoy humid weather (Hawaii) but I’m getting the sense that FL is a lot more intense than Hawaii! Lol. We plan on bringing cooling towels and refillable water bottles. Any other tips/advice?
Well, I hate to say, I'm kinda nervous now. Have you seen the articles that they MIGHT require a negative covid test for domestic flights? That could be a game changer for us. IF they do this, do I want to go now? It's the old what if one of us tests positive 3 days before we leave? What about if we would have to get a negative test while on vacation for the return trip? Sorry I vented a little. I'm of course on the side that they more than likely won't go that far, BUT at the same time I won't put anything past the decision makers.
As far as the weather? The cooling towels and water bottles are a great idea. My DD and one of my DS's gets hot pretty easily. We will have to find shade alot. I've never used cooling towels. Do you just get them wet before you leave and they help cool you throughout the day? I hope all is well with you. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter