Moving a DLR Trip to Walt Disney World- Let’s Talk!

I want to make sure I'm giving the right info. I'm going by the reservation information that we had (before cancelling). Hopefully someone can confirm.

Yes, your luggage goes under the bus (currently), and you take it with you to your room/check-in. I would prefer this also because I have heard (and they have a disclaimer) that your luggage can arrive after you do. But I think for a lot of people, not handling the luggage was part of the "Magic" of Magical Express. Anyways, just mentioned since you were deciding between carry-on and checked.

We took a taxi minivan from the airport. It was at the curb waiting and I asked for a flat rate. It was $50 which was the same as Uber/Lyft XL at the time (almost midnight, so fewer rideshares around).
On the return we used Lyft XL which was $45. This gave us an extra 95 minutes at MK and the pool compared to our pickup time with Magical Express. Their paperwork says they get you to the airport at least 2 hours before domestic and 3 hours before international. But they can make multiple pickups at resorts, so depending on where you are in the list, it could be 3+ hours before your flight, which was our case. We got an envelope under our door on our last night with the pickup time. After seeing it I just called the number to cancel our pickup. No biggie at all.
Wow! Thanks for such great information. Yeah. We're cool with carrying our own luggage. Thanks also for the heads up on the pick up time for going back to the airport. I'll have to keep my options open huh? We aren't going to the parks on the day we leave, so we can sleep in a little before all the craziness of flying across the county. Florida to Washington state. :crazy:

Yes. You pick up your own luggage from the carousel and then take it with you to magical express. The bus driver will load it onto the bus for you (under the bus). He will also get out your luggage at your hotel. We didn’t bring any small cash bills because we read resorts prefer no cash right now, so we felt terrible not being able to tip the driver! We made sure to break a $20 before boarding the magical express for our departure flight. ☺️

Yes. You pick up your own luggage from the carousel and then take it with you to magical express. The bus driver will load it onto the bus for you (under the bus). He will also get out your luggage at your hotel. We didn’t bring any small cash bills because we read resorts prefer no cash right now, so we felt terrible not being able to tip the driver! We made sure to break a $20 before boarding the magical express for our departure flight. ☺
Just got our electricity back on. A bunch of houses lost electricity due to wind. Anyhoo, Thank you for the tips. Yes, I heard about the tipping thing too. I will make sure to tip our driver. I like to tip the clean staff and give them a thank you note each day. They work very hard!! Take Care. Time to fix the clocks around the house again. :wave2:

Wow! Thanks for such great information. Yeah. We're cool with carrying our own luggage. Thanks also for the heads up on the pick up time for going back to the airport. I'll have to keep my options open huh? We aren't going to the parks on the day we leave, so we can sleep in a little before all the craziness of flying across the county. Florida to Washington state. :crazy:
Sounds good. Also it's reasonable to think airports will be busier by then, so you will want some more time.

There were pretty decent food options (chains) at MCO, including a food court with everything open, so everyone got what they wanted in one location near the gate. You can find a list of what's open on the airport's website. Quite the difference from SEA where most stuff is shuttered with grab n go only. Hopefully that improves by then.

Sounds good. Also it's reasonable to think airports will be busier by then, so you will want some more time.

There were pretty decent food options (chains) at MCO, including a food court with everything open, so everyone got what they wanted in one location near the gate. You can find a list of what's open on the airport's website. Quite the difference from SEA where most stuff is shuttered with grab n go only. Hopefully that improves by then.
Yeah, it will be interesting being in a state with more "openness". I'm from Washington State too. Also, I'd rather be extra early to the airport anyway rather than pulling a "Home Alone 2" and run through the airport, just me and the kids. I don't want a "Kevin" to happen.:oops: I'm calling Disney today with my flight info. One day closer!!!:banana::banana::banana:

OH! Thank you so much! We are thinking about being a little crazy and just doing carry-on. We have a while to think about it. We are a pretty low maintenance kind of family, no needed extra meds, gadgets etc. so, we may be able to pull it off. One less step to get to Magical Express. BUT, I thank you so much for the info. That way if we end up checking :wave2: baggage we will know just what to do thanks to you!!
Not crazy! I once did a 17 day trip (Washington DC to South Bend IN to Chicago IL then home) in a carry on. You can do it!

Not crazy! I once did a 17 day trip (Washington DC to South Bend IN to Chicago IL then home) in a carry on. You can do it!
Wow! That's amazing!! 17 days! For some reason I've always been able to do carry on with Disneyland (around 5 days) and still manage to bring home a few souvenirs (t-shirts, key chains, coffee mugs etc.) without any trouble so, I'll more than likely go carry-on. I hope you have a fantastic day. Thanks for the reply. :wave2:

Splash mountain, DL vs WDW, is the WDW version less of a drencher? (Please say yes😬) Or do we save it for the end of end of the night when we can go back to the hotel and change, like we do at DL?

Splash mountain, DL vs WDW, is the WDW version less of a drencher? (Please say yes😬) Or do we save it for the end of end of the night when we can go back to the hotel and change, like we do at DL?
I don't know either. Since it will be our first trip to WDW. BUT, me and the kids are just super excited that they have a Splash Mountain. It's one of our favorites. Also, we cant wait to see the Haunted Mansion. It looks really cool from the pictures we've seen. I hope you have a great trip!!!! Sorry I wasn't able to answer your question. :D

It was under construction when I was there last year, BUT when I watch vloggers going on it, it doesn't look as bad as Disneyland's. You for sure will get wet, but it's not like drench mountain we have here out west :)

It was under construction when I was there last year, BUT when I watch vloggers going on it, it doesn't look as bad as Disneyland's. You for sure will get wet, but it's not like drench mountain we have here out west :)

This isn’t always the case, but the much warmer climate in Florida also takes the sting out of getting drenched more often than not. It’s a pleasant cool down rather than a sopping mess that would require a trip back to the hotel from what I remember (my last trip to WDW was during a January and the weather was quite nice).

The Splash at WDW is actually one of the few rides I much prefer over the DL version. That being said...yes, it’s a drencher! As in full water cannon to the face/head drenched. 😆

That being said...yes, it’s a drencher! As in full water cannon to the face/head drenched.
I’ve been on it several times when I’ve only been misted. A lot depends on how much weight is on the log and where it’s distributed. Also sit on left so waterfall near end doesn’t splatter on you.

The Splash at WDW is actually one of the few rides I much prefer over the DL version. That being said...yes, it’s a drencher! As in full water cannon to the face/head drenched. 😆
You made me laugh. That sounds like soooooooooooooo much fun. My 17 year old son always wants to be in the front to get at wet as possible. He will love to hear about the "water cannon" type of drench. Thanks for the info. :)

I suppose we'll have ponchos in the backpack anyway, so I guess we'll be wearing them. Our last ride in DL resulted in my daughter being so wet that people were speculating that she had fallen in the Rivers of America as I was walking her back to the hotel...at 8:20am...when it was 48 degrees outside. We laugh now, but it was less funny at the time.

I suppose we'll have ponchos in the backpack anyway, so I guess we'll be wearing them. Our last ride in DL resulted in my daughter being so wet that people were speculating that she had fallen in the Rivers of America as I was walking her back to the hotel...at 8:20am...when it was 48 degrees outside. We laugh now, but it was less funny at the time.
Oh, I'm so sorry that happened. We will be going in June. I suppose it will be pretty hot. We will play it by ear on when we want to ride it that day. Yeah, last ride might be the best, just so we can get back to Movies and dry off. I hope you have a great day! :wave2:

Really? We hardly got wet at all on Splash at WDW last month. 🤷‍♀️ We rode it tons of times and never got wet. I wouldn’t have gone on it so much if we got soaked because I was always freezing. Maybe because right now they only load one party per log? It was only our family of four each time we rode.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before. I'm curious about quick service dining. So, here's the deal. At the moment we aren't using cell phones (by choice) We've never needed them for almost 18 years of marriage. Anyhoo, we may be getting one soon because DH is a teacher/coach and may need one now. BUT, if we don't is it super impossible to order from quick service without a cell phone. I heard the CM's frown upon the non mobile order guests, but if I don't have one I don't. You know. I guess I am just wanting to know if anyone has had experience just being able to order without a cell phone without too much trouble. Sorry for the long question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter