Mousesavers reporting a huge deal for first half of 2009 coming tomorrow!

Yes, you can purchase the 1 day base tickets and then upgrade each ticket individually. Personally, I'd buy for everyone the cheapest ticket wanted. For example, if the cheapest ticket is the 7 day base, order everyone that (at the cost of a 4 day ticket--not much savings, but every dollar helps) and then do the upgrades from there.

Thanks! I assume that once you use the 4-day base ticket it will apply an upgrade value of a 7-day base ticket? I think I need to get everyone the 7-day base tickets even though we really want hoppers because a 7-day hopper is MORE than my dad's florida resident season pass would be. But because the hopper add-on is a flat rate $50 I don't think there's a disadvantage to doing it this way. Am I missing anything?

Thanks again - jackie

I'm SOOOOOOO excited! :dance3:

I just printed out our confirmation for 7 nights at Pop Century!!!! This will be our third stay at POP, and I am beyond thrilled!!! I just LOVE that resort!!! :goodvibes

We were planning a WDW vacation for some time in January or February anyway, so this works out great for us! We are saving about $450 with this awesome Buy 4 Get 7 deal. (And getting more days on our tickets, too!)

Just wanted to add my name to the list of happy peoples. :D

I am soo sorry if this has been asked but since this thread is 109 pages I didn't have time to look at every page.

Is this deal like a free dining in regards that you can buy just a the ticketand not use it? I am an annual pass holder and the dates and room I want are $20 cheaper with 2 10-day park hopper tickets compared to just the room. (ex: may 1-10 room only $1766, stay 4 with 3 free with a 10 day park hopper $1741.94) If I kept the 10-day tickets and used them to renew my pass next year then I have half of my annual passes already paid for. I didn't know with the tickets being on the room key if this was like the old length of stay pass that only could be used when you were there at the resort.
Thanks
Becca

I am soo sorry if this has been asked but since this thread is 109 pages I didn't have time to look at every page.

Is this deal like a free dining in regards that you can buy just a the ticketand not use it? I am an annual pass holder and the dates and room I want are $20 cheaper with 2 10-day park hopper tickets compared to just the room. (ex: may 1-10 room only $1766, stay 4 with 3 free with a 10 day park hopper $1741.94) If I kept the 10-day tickets and used them to renew my pass next year then I have half of my annual passes already paid for. I didn't know with the tickets being on the room key if this was like the old length of stay pass that only could be used when you were there at the resort.
Thanks
Becca

You can just get a 1-day ticket on the package and save that to put toward your upgrade next year. However, since disney will give you 3 days free when you buy 4 I would get the 7-day base ticket (which is like disney giving you about $9 per person) and have *that*. Scroll up a few posts on this page and page 108...I'm doing something similar to you and someone was helping me confirm my logic...

Good luck!

Can you explain the ticket and how you use it once and them upgrade. I thought that you didn't use it and you go to guest services and they take it off the card and you can use it to renew your next AP?:goodvibes

thanks

An experienced CM gave me the same procedure you describe. There was no need to "activate" the PH by entering a park, rather just head to guest services and they will take the ticket off your KTTW card and apply the cost toward renewal.

I'll be doing the same thing in May--although I dropped the PH/WP&F tickets in favor of the 1 day base--saved us nearly $200 and we didn't want the water parks anyway. Without Pleasure Island, the WP&F add-on is not worth the additional cost. I'll order 10 day PH passes for the 3 non-AP holders and we will then have enough hoppers and the 1 day base to cover our 11 day stay.

Using the ticket before upgrading only matters if there has been a ticket price increase between the time you bought the ticket and the time you are using it to upgrade. If you use it before you activate you'll get today's price applied to your upgrade. If you don't activate it first you only get the amount you PAID for it applied to your upgrade.

Jackie

Can you explain the ticket and how you use it once and them upgrade. I thought that you didn't use it and you go to guest services and they take it off the card and you can use it to renew your next AP?:goodvibes

thanks
If you want to save your pass for a future use don't use it. I have had trouble getting a CM to take the park pass off a room key. I haven't tried in a year or so though. I have been OK just leaving it on the room key and using that toward the renewal of my AP.

Thanks! I assume that once you use the 4-day base ticket it will apply an upgrade value of a 7-day base ticket? I think I need to get everyone the 7-day base tickets even though we really want hoppers because a 7-day hopper is MORE than my dad's florida resident season pass would be. But because the hopper add-on is a flat rate $50 I don't think there's a disadvantage to doing it this way. Am I missing anything?

Thanks again - jackie
I would have your party use the ticket first to get the full value of the card before you upgrade. I don't think you're missing anything.

Thanks
Becca
I asked when I booked my package and was told the ticket would only expire if I used them. If you don't use the ticket then the value will only be what you paid for them-so I don't know if you'll really get the value of a 10 day ticket. But I also don't know if you use the ticket if you can then use it to renew your AP. I've never used a ticket before using the value toward a renewal.:confused3

Using the ticket first brings it up to full gate value. If you bought from a discount broker or before the last price increase or received something for free (like the 3 days in this offer or water parks from offers past), it is necessary to first use the ticket. No, you don’t have to, but then you are losing out on a savings. You’ll only get what you paid for the ticket (or the discount broker paid for the ticket if not purchased directly from Disney).

Guest services isn’t good at removing the ticket from your room key, do that at hotel concierge. It isn’t necessary at all though if you’ll be upgrading on a future trip, so save the time in that case. However, you must upgrade to an AP at guest services. Any ticket may be upgraded to an AP, just use it first to get the best bang for your buck. Done it personally.

Tickets will not expire at all, until 14 days after first use. Even if you use all the days, you may continue to upgrade the ticket for 14 days. Example, you have a 5 day PH and use all 5 days, then do a couple of non-park days, but decide you want to go back to the park. Just take your ticket to guest services and upgrade, do not buy a new ticket. All upgrades must be done within 14 days of first use, even if you have a non-expiration option.

Thanks again - jackie

Sounds like you got it. Just make sure you tell them 7 day ticket or they won't give you those 3 days free, just a 4 day ticket. Got a love Disney. ;)

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cool1: :dance3: :cheer2: :woohoo:

Just got my confirmation for 7 nights with base tickets for 5 adults and 1 child for Wilderness Cabins May 15-22. And the price is only $2823.84. We didn't add on the ddp because we didn't care for it this past May. I am sooooooooooo excited. This is my first stay at FW and I am hoping it is really nice. I would love some feedback on the cabins, so if anybody else has stayed there please tell me the pros and cons.

Now I got to go change my ticker........lol

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cool1: :dance3: :cheer2: :woohoo:

Just got my confirmation for 7 nights with base tickets for 5 adults and 1 child for Wilderness Cabins May 15-22. And the price is only $2823.84. We didn't add on the ddp because we didn't care for it this past May. I am sooooooooooo excited. This is my first stay at FW and I am hoping it is really nice. I would love some feedback on the cabins, so if anybody else has stayed there please tell me the pros and cons.

Now I got to go change my ticker........lol

I'll make this short since it is very OT.

We just stayed there over Halloween, if you like them half as much as we did, you'll LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them. We ate breakfast in the cabin, having a full kitchen, every morning. We even ate dinner there twice when we decided to have early nights. No mugs necessary, they provided the coffee machine and coffee. The amount of space is great. The setting is so cool--very private and no worries about our kids disturbing anyone or anyone else's kids disturbing us. We were planning on buying DVC in another year or two (once we finished trying all the resorts), but might never now. The cabins are truly Disney's best kept secret!! I could go on, but I said I'd make it short.

I'll make this short since it is very OT.

We just stayed there over Halloween, if you like them half as much as we did, you'll LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them. We ate breakfast in the cabin, having a full kitchen, every morning. We even ate dinner there twice when we decided to have early nights. No mugs necessary, they provided the coffee machine and coffee. The amount of space is great. The setting is so cool--very private and no worries about our kids disturbing anyone or anyone else's kids disturbing us. We were planning on buying DVC in another year or two (once we finished trying all the resorts), but might never now. The cabins are truly Disney's best kept secret!! I could go on, but I said I'd make it short.

Do you have any pictures?:woohoo:

Just book two consecutive 7/4 package from May 21 to June 4.
I had a 14 day + 10 days ticket package at CBR

After all the positive and negative in hotel cost and ticket cost I ended saving 600.00 plus and instead of having tickets for 10 day, I now have tickets for the 14 day

Bottom line is I am pay for 8 day and getting 6 free

Just book two consecutive 7/4 package from May 21 to June 4.
I had a 14 day + 10 days ticket package at CBR

After all the positive and negative in hotel cost and ticket cost I ended saving 600.00 plus and instead of having tickets for 10 day, I now have tickets for the 14 day

Bottom line is I am pay for 8 day and getting 6 free

:woohoo: You got yourself a deal! :thumbsup2

Do you have any pictures?:woohoo:

I'll have to ask DH--he's more the picture taker. I'm the live the experience type. There is a Fort Wilderness/camping board on the DIS. One thread, sorry don't know it off hand, or more that have great detailed pictures of all of Fort Wilderness. All Ears has a great fact sheet and reviews too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter