Mousekeeping

This. I don't need new sheets and towels every day. No one does unless there's an accident of some sort. So, I put up the Do Not Disturb most days. On the day I need my garbage emptied or there's some issue that needs attention, I take off the Do Not Disturb and I leave $5 or so. I will never understand why people think they need daily housekeeping when they are barely in the room(s).
I did that last year and they called our room to see if we needed anything. I also left tips but they didn't take the tip everyday?

Thanks for all your help. Now to find those really cute Mousekeeping printables I saw somewhere earlier today.

I did that last year and they called our room to see if we needed anything. I also left tips but they didn't take the tip everyday?
Sometimes they'll miss it
And if it's cash laid you and if you don't indicate that it's for Mousekeeping they may leave it too.
That's why we do the envelope thing, so there is no confusion that it's for them

Sometimes they'll miss it
And if it's cash laid you and if you don't indicate that it's for Mousekeeping they may leave it too.
That's why we do the envelope thing, so there is no confusion that it's for them
We printed out Disney envelopes with Thank You Mousekeeper printed on it.

I always tip whenever we have mousekeeping. I leave it with a thank you note to ensure they know it's for them. I am bummed about the new rule on towel animals. It has always been one of the things I look forward to seeing.

We tip everyday we get the room cleaned. We usually do it every other day unless we need towels.

I was recently just down there for the Star Wars Challenge and stayed at Pop.. I tipped each day $5 while I was there. Even if I didn't leave a mess... I have friends that are CM and I know what CM's make. So out of kindness, I always Tip well.. But this trip Mousekeeping was slacking. I was there 5 days... I got only a signed photo of minnie and mickey on one day. and nothing the rest of the days.. When I have stayed before, at All Star, Mousekeeping left us all sorts of towel animals, extra shampoo, conditioner and soaps. and one day even chocolate.. It was so kind of them. But this time, I dunno, I was bummed at the fine age of 37 that I didn't get a towel animal!! Maaaannn *stomps feet *

It's not necessarily "slacking" but maybe expectations were higher. You received a signed photo and that's more than I ever received and I wouldn't think of getting more than a clean room. So, I think it's just what a guest wants/needs versus what housekeeping is expected to deliver :)

We tip every day. $2 to $3 per person daily. I make up envelopes ahead of time and label them for mouse keeping.

We stay DVC, so we get trash and towel service on day 4, other than that, nothing. Yes, I generally leave a few dollars, if I remember that it is day 4.

I was recently just down there for the Star Wars Challenge and stayed at Pop.. I tipped each day $5 while I was there. Even if I didn't leave a mess... I have friends that are CM and I know what CM's make. So out of kindness, I always Tip well.. But this trip Mousekeeping was slacking. I was there 5 days... I got only a signed photo of minnie and mickey on one day. and nothing the rest of the days.. When I have stayed before, at All Star, Mousekeeping left us all sorts of towel animals, extra shampoo, conditioner and soaps. and one day even chocolate.. It was so kind of them. But this time, I dunno, I was bummed at the fine age of 37 that I didn't get a towel animal!! Maaaannn *stomps feet *

You got a photo and you expected more? The only time we've gotten a photo, it wasn't sent by housekeeping, but from the front desk, and it was b/c DS had charmed them at checkin. (and it was disneyland, not world)

You have CM friends; did you know that housekeeping isn't a tipped position, officially?

Officially, Disney does not consider housekeeping to be a 'tipped' position. Can you tip? Yes. Do you 'have' to? No.
I tend to hang out the 'privacy please' thingie every other day. I don't need new towels every single day. It's one reason I love staying DVC! No daily housekeeping.

Same.

I also left tips but they didn't take the tip everyday?

They don't always know it's for them.

They don't call themselves Mousekeeping; they are housekeeping. And if you're just leaving money out with no little note (we write "for Housekeeping, thank you" on a piece of paper along with the money) be glad they aren't taking it. It's best for everyone if they make SURE it's for them. And since it's officially an untipped position, they really can't be sure it's for them unless it's really obvious.

We have always just left a tip on the pillow and it's always been taken by housekeeping.

The envelopes people make are cute, though!

I have slight ocd so I clean my room and change my sheets upon arrival. We dont want mousekeeping touching our room after that so we leave the do not disturb sign out and we also call the on duty housekeeping manager to ensure they dont accidentally clean our room. We place our trash cans outside our door and our dirty towels in the mousekeeping bag and place them by the trash cans. They leave us new towels hanging on a bag on our door. If we need odds and ends ill call up or if we are around well hunt down a mousekeeper to get what we need. Every time we see a person that helps us be it calling or outside one of the rooms we always give them at least a $5 tip. When we check out we leave $5 per day for the mousekeeper under the little tent sign they have in the room with their name on it.

I have slight ocd so I clean my room and change my sheets upon arrival. We dont want mousekeeping touching our room after that so we leave the do not disturb sign out and we also call the on duty housekeeping manager to ensure they dont accidentally clean our room. We place our trash cans outside our door and our dirty towels in the mousekeeping bag and place them by the trash cans. They leave us new towels hanging on a bag on our door. If we need odds and ends ill call up or if we are around well hunt down a mousekeeper to get what we need. Every time we see a person that helps us be it calling or outside one of the rooms we always give them at least a $5 tip. When we check out we leave $5 per day for the mousekeeper under the little tent sign they have in the room with their name on it.

So are you saying you leave your trash & dirty towels in the hall? I think that is inconsiderate for all guests that walk in that hall!!!! What is a " Mousekeeping bag"?

We tip $10 - $20 per day. They work hard and deserve it. We enjoy creating a little magic at Disney, as well as just consuming it.

So are you saying you leave your trash & dirty towels in the hall? I think that is inconsiderate for all guests that walk in that hall!!!! What is a " Mousekeeping bag"?
Yes, we do. They are there for less than an hour. We are not early morning people. Around 10am we put the stuff out and we bring in the empty trash can when we get back from lunch or the park. Mousekeeping leaves bags of towels and supplies on your door when your not there if you have a dnd sign up. We replace that bag with our dirty towels. At least that's whats happened in the values and mods. Ive only done short stays in deluxe. I also dont sprawl the trash every where. Its placed neatly in the indentation by the door. Most deluxes dont have the indentation so i would probably just call housekeeping to pick up and bring me new stuff. I dont want them coming in my room and touching my stuff. Not talking about theft since Ive never had that just germs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter