Motivational March 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

Good Morning! It is a Monday and a Monday after the time time change, what will you do to stay motivated this week?

I started to feel better this weekend, mood wise. DD is doing so much better right now. The medicine to help with her heart rate is working and she is feeling much better which in turns makes my day better. She is even making herself her own food when we have left overs. I have been waiting on her hand and foot since she got sick in December. I am sure not having to do everything for her is helping me too.

She no longer has to do PT so that gives me 2 days a week back. I should be able to get on the treadmill every day but Wednesdays for awhile. The kids both have a band concert tomorrow night. DD has been practicing every night. She will do great. DS never practices but always does good at the concerts but I haven't heard him play individually since he started in 5th grade. He likes band but doesn't love. I think he is only doing it to go to Disney next year.

I still don't know how to add meme's and such so I am sorry if this week is not as appealing as others.
I'm so happy for you that things are better all around.

Stress has been getting to me, and I have allowed it to affect me. I haven't gone overboard, but I am losing very slowly. I know that I need to be more diligent if I want to reach my goals. It is definitely easier when I am in school. I look forward to better weather and getting out more often. I think that will help.

My motivation is the warmer weather and wanting to look and feel better in my summer clothes.

Just wanted to pop in and say things went OK. We are home safe and sound. 🙂

He's in pain, but not feeling so groggy anymore. He hates the gauze.

Thanks for all the good thoughts!
I am so glad it went well! I am sure you were a ball of nerves!

When our middle sons got his wisdom teeth out he woke up and told me he was married to Kim Kardashian 😂

So nice to sit and catch up reading about everyone’s weekends!!

Baby watch turned into welcoming a new baby VERY quickly for us this weekend! Sister was in the hospital only 3.5 hours Friday night before my niece was born-first baby too! My best friends mother in law was the midwife on call, which was pure luck, so my sister had a familiar and loving “almost” family member deliver her baby so it was absolutely wonderful!

I spent yesterday morning cooking for my sister and headed over before they got home and stocked the fridge with meals and put chicken chili in a crock pot so they had a warm meal when they got home. After that I walked dogs at the spca for the afternoon

DD had her post op follow up today and it went so great! She looks amazing on the X-rays, incision is great and the surgeons were shocked at her mobility. She was cleared for soccer and light weight lifting and is over the moon!

We went to visit the new baby after her appointment and she’s gorgeous! We are in love!

Back to work tomorrow!

So nice to sit and catch up reading about everyone’s weekends!!

Baby watch turned into welcoming a new baby VERY quickly for us this weekend! Sister was in the hospital only 3.5 hours Friday night before my niece was born-first baby too! My best friends mother in law was the midwife on call, which was pure luck, so my sister had a familiar and loving “almost” family member deliver her baby so it was absolutely wonderful!

I spent yesterday morning cooking for my sister and headed over before they got home and stocked the fridge with meals and put chicken chili in a crock pot so they had a warm meal when they got home. After that I walked dogs at the spca for the afternoon

DD had her post op follow up today and it went so great! She looks amazing on the X-rays, incision is great and the surgeons were shocked at her mobility. She was cleared for soccer and light weight lifting and is over the moon!

We went to visit the new baby after her appointment and she’s gorgeous! We are in love!

Back to work tomorrow!
Congratulations!!!

I do not have green thumbs. I call them thumbs of death. I manage to kill all plants, indoor or outdoor! I have, however, managed to keep my great aunt's three cuttings of hoya alive for over 30 years! They must be super hardy to survive with me! I just love the smell when they bloom!

Trying to eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies this week. That's my goal. Need to meal plan, but not too much because we leave early, early Saturday for NYC!!!

Topic Tuesday -- Girl Scout Cookies. They are the best and worst. I love my Tagalongs but I sabotage myself every year in March. DD and I will eat about 10 boxes together over the month. There are only 15 cookies in a box and I try to only eat 5 a day. We just got our first 4 boxes on Friday (we each got 2 boxes) and I have more coming as soon as DH meets up with a coworker to get them. I was teasing with my friend on Friday (I bought the cookies from her daughter) that I don't know what I am going to to do when her daughter doesn't do Girl Scouts any more. She is in 6th grade so it can be any time. I teased that she was my dealer. It is really bad that I have no control when it comes to these.

Do you like Girl Scout Cookies? Do you buy some every year?

Being a former Girl Scout myself, most years I get a box or two, one year I did the donation thing but they do usually come home with me. This year it was one box of Thin Mints that lasted 4 or 5 days. I realized I really don't like them all that much, so will go back to buying/donating again next year.

Yesterday was a gold star day for me. I didn't go to Starbuck's in the morning and I didn't jump in the car after work to randomly drive around, something I tend to do to have an evening "commute". So I saved my SB $$$ for the day and gas. And I cooked dinner out of the chicken tenders I bought last week, it was their last "use by date", so they didn't get tossed and - I used the air fryer! I just put olive oil and Old Bay seasoning on them. The Old Bay is more flavor than I usually like, so I ended up scrapping most of it off, but the texture of the chicken was really nice.

Topic Tuesday -- Girl Scout Cookies. They are the best and worst. I love my Tagalongs but I sabotage myself every year in March. DD and I will eat about 10 boxes together over the month. There are only 15 cookies in a box and I try to only eat 5 a day. We just got our first 4 boxes on Friday (we each got 2 boxes) and I have more coming as soon as DH meets up with a coworker to get them. I was teasing with my friend on Friday (I bought the cookies from her daughter) that I don't know what I am going to to do when her daughter doesn't do Girl Scouts any more. She is in 6th grade so it can be any time. I teased that she was my dealer. It is really bad that I have no control when it comes to these.

I love them. When I was pregnant, I was obsessed. When DD sold them, we bought and ate way more than our share. My favorites are Thin Mints.

I can’t buy them anymore. If I see Brownies selling them, I turn and walk the opposite way.

I

I like them too much actually 😬 I have stopped buying them only because DH and I are at high risk for diabetes-genetically speaking-so I don’t buy sweets for the house except for birthdays and holidays…but OMG tag a longs are our favorite too!!!!!

Tagalones are my weakness and the coconut ones. SHAWS makes good knockoffs. I ordered a couple boxes from a friend of my MIL and bought a couple boxes from a troop selling at the market. But the market trip I bought a couple boxes of the type that DS9 prefers so it's easier to only eat one occasionally instead of plowing through a box really fast.
None of the girls in the family are in scouts so it's not like I have kids asking. And the cub scouts do popcorn sales so some healthier options there...if Cubs come to your door I can highly recommend the purple kernals!

WOO HOO! I took a mental health day! I had an emergency personal day left because the one I took in February ended up being a snow day.

Not so woo hoo, I have a splitting headache from stress. The pain starts at my shoulders and goes up my neck and into my head. I have shooting pains that woke me up intermittently all night. Tylenol did nothing. Advil did nothing. Heating pad did nothing. I really don’t want to go to the chiropractor, but if this doesn’t improve, I will have to make an appointment.

WOO HOO! I’m cooking corned beef and cabbage all day today for tonight and St. Patrick’s Day!☘🇮🇪This brings up fond childhood memories of my Irish Mother, God bless her soul.

Woohoo... the Universe forced me to switch to my (not so) new laptop this morning. I say not so new because I think I've had the new one for almost a year, but I just couldn't make myself face the mental anguish of switching over. Earlier this week the old one crashed twice then this morning it wouldn't come on at all. So far so good with the new one, I actually like it, will just take time to re-load everything.

Woohoo... still on track with my new money goals and with getting rid of stuff.

Woohoo... since I've now been back from WDW 12 days I think I can say I didn't not get sick while there.

So it has been a crazy morning around here. The fire alarm went off at the kids school right at drop off. I waiting and let DS and his that I pick up in the morning wait in the car. I drop DD off before picking up DS's friend. So DD called and was freaking out. She doesn't do well with this and freaks out more when she doesn't know where her brother is. I was able to calm her down and all was good. There was no fire. A sensor malfunctioned.

On my way to work I got stopped by a boat (I cross a lift bridge). This is just aggravating. Bu with spring and summer coming this will happen more often.

I was work for only an hour and I found a few mistakes I had made earlier this year. Nothing major but stuff I had to fix. Then our fire alarm went off here. It was a false alarm too. I am also very busy at work. But I am hoping to have most of it done tomorrow.

SO my Woohoo's today:

1. DD is doing better. We have answers to many things going on and she seems mentally better.

2. If I get my work caught up I am going to take a PTO day on Friday. DH is taking the day so I might take one too.

3. Mentally I am feeling better this week.

4. The band concert last night was really good. Both kids did great.

All in all it has been a good week.

Woowhoo the weather was decent so I was able to get out with a couple coworkers for a walk. We did 1.25 miles!

Woowhoo now that I am back in the office a couple days I week I have started listening to podcasts again on my way home or during solo lunch walks. Madigan's Pubcast, Getting Curious with Jonathan Van Ness, and Dont ask Tig are favorites of mine recently. I'll also listen to I Weigh with Jameela Jamil or Films to be Buried With with Brett Goldstein if I am interested in their guests.

Question for all those who have upped their water intake recently...how long before you notice a change to your hunger levels? I noticed a change to my skin recently in that it looks a bit healthier likely a combo from water and using moisturizer more frequently. But I have been drinking upwards of 60 ounces of water a day in addition to coffee and flavored seltzer (that's my treat after i finish my plain water) and i am not noticing a change to my appetite. If anything I feel more hungry lately! It's very frustrating. We had Shepard's pie for dinner tonight since Thursday is our take out night before scouts and man I could have eaten the whole dish of it! I thought all that water was supposed to make me want to eat less!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter