Most 'worth it' views

Consider best WDW DVC views to be:

1. Boardwalk view rooms at BWV.

2. Most higher floor theme park or lake view rooms at BLT.

3. AKV Savanna View rooms.

4. SSR Congress Park higher floor rooms facing the lake.

As to not worth it views when spending a lot of extra points: BLT theme park view rooms below 7th floor -- a royal point rip-off as main view is of a parking lot and monorail track.

Can someone provide the so-called laundry view room numbers at BRV? I was just looking at a room-view site, and I didn't see any glaringly bad rooms. 🤷‍♂️

I consider BLT Lake View and BWV Pool & Garden view to be the premium I pay for non-home resort access. I don't find the views to be worth the extra cost, but the extra cost helps the rooms stay available at the 7-month mark.
We once had a 10th floor BLT lake view room that was at almost the exact center of the "C", and there was a rocket launch one of the nights we were there. Even from 70 miles away it was truly an experience - the whole horizon lit up orange and we could see the flames for several minutes as the rocket ascended. With launches nearly every week it's worth a gamble if you're a space geek like me.

To me, it’s the Lake View at GFV. I love the electric Water Pagent, and every night I’d see this.

To me, it’s the Lake View at GFV. I love the electric Water Pagent, and every night I’d see this.

Attachments

• A0CB92F5-A9FB-4A3D-AC42-B70161AF81AD.jpeg
    A0CB92F5-A9FB-4A3D-AC42-B70161AF81AD.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 19
  • D51B5FA7-B85C-4439-8999-2F014474C8C4.jpeg
    D51B5FA7-B85C-4439-8999-2F014474C8C4.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 18
  • AAB7839C-731C-4EC5-B8C4-DE6606DA2761.jpeg
    AAB7839C-731C-4EC5-B8C4-DE6606DA2761.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 18

Point miser here, and we always go for the Standard views. We have had views magically upgraded at BLT and BWV a few times in the last decade, and the views were nice, but not enough for our point usage strategy. I'm the only one who really uses the balcony and that's for my morning coffee. I'm a people watcher and have had a lot of good 'Standard' views. We had a 1st Floor Std BLT view of the CR and it was awesome. BWV standard views often have great sight-lines of the Skyliner.

Now we just got back from a AKL-K Studio Savanna view (7206) and it was worth every extra point. Only booked it because we still had left over Covid points to use or lose. The animals were out in force all day long, and never disappointed. This was the best trip we have had at AKL-K/J and it was due to the view.

The best room view for me is the smile on my DW's face when we are at our happy place!

Boardwalk view is probably my favorite of the extra point/preferred views:
original.jpg

...while some of the Boardwalk preferred garden/pool views can be quite lovely too if you pick specific rooms (such as facing Swan/Dolphin and the river rather than the pools):
original.jpg

Saratoga Springs Preferred, Congress Park, views towards Disney Springs can be quite lovely too.
original.jpg

Some of the views that you don't pay extra for, but need to request or get lucky with, can be lovely - such as a high floor lake view from Boulder Ridge:
original.jpg

Even a higher BLT room facing the lake can be quite peaceful and inspiring on a morning sunrise:
original.jpg

Hello! What do you all think the best resort view (the views that are most worth forking up the extra points for) when booking on DVC?

I'm going to assume that Savannah View at AKL is one of them. Any other views you're always willing to spend the extra points on?

On the flip side, which views have you paid extra for and figured it was NOT in fact worth the extra points?
While we love AKV/L & the views off the balcony for the savanna, I personally wouldn't spend the extra points to stay in one of these anymore...I'd save the total amount of points and add on an extra day or so with those saved points...Once again By any means, I'm not saying I don't like it, but honestly after a day or so We're just not in the room that long to make it worthwhile...There are plenty of other spots that are free to check out the savanna.. Just sayin.

Now, we did get lucky at a couple resorts, 2 in particular. Our 1st is at GCV.
We were able to get room #6504 I believe it was . top floor facing into DCA. We had our own balcony facing World of Color....Truly magical. also when we looked left we could see Grizzly River Run Peak, which was cool.

Now 3 years later, we had the luxury of being upgraded from a measly 3 night stay in a studio at GFV, to a 3 night stay in Sago Key/Cape Coral Suite.5141

These are just 2 I found but I know I have more... Only room that has its own patio..

Attachments

• 20170819_142557[1].jpg
    20170819_142557[1].jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 20170819_145540_HDR[1].jpg
    20170819_145540_HDR[1].jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 19
I consider BLT Lake View and BWV Pool & Garden view to be the premium I pay for non-home resort access. I don't find the views to be worth the extra cost, but the extra cost helps the rooms stay available at the 7-month mark.
Great that those "Preferred View" rooms at BWV are usually available at 7 months. My last experience with a 2 bedroom booked late so I had to take that if I wanted BW was a dismal view from the 2nd floor. There was a huge tree blocking the view of the quiet pool. It also made the balcony very dark at night. I was still happy to be at my home resort though.

We loved our savannah view at AKL but I have to say that, like many others, I’m okay with staying an extra day with a cheaper points place. If you aren’t into people watching but instead would like some peace and quiet, a canal view room at OKW is heaven. We sit with our coffee or wine and just relax away all the lines and rushing. It truly makes DVC the best of both worlds-right in the middle of Disney Magic but also a restful spot.

I'm also a points miser who would rather use the points saved for an extra day. But I love all your pictures!

Standard View at Rivera get you firework views (for lower points)
IMO the best use of Riviera direct points - on NYE you get faraway MK fireworks and up close EP fireworks. Spectacular. I had covid and slept through last time (tiny violin) but DH was on the balcony and said it was the most spectacular fireworks he'd ever seen anywhere.
Now, we did get lucky at a couple resorts, 2 in particular. Our 1st is at GCV.
We were able to get room #6504 I believe it was . top floor facing into DCA. We had our own balcony facing World of Color....Truly magical. also when we looked left we could see Grizzly River Run Peak, which was cool.
Can't remember if that's the studio room number, but we had that view as well. It was amazing.

MVMCP from a VGF stsandard room. MVMCPFireworks.2019.jpg
I think this is MK, not Epcot, NYE fireworks, from a Riviera standard view. Back in 2019 they set them off on Dec 30 and 31, 6:30pm and 11:30pm.
IMG_7005.jpg

I'm also a points miser who would rather use the points saved for an extra day. But I love all your pictures!

IMO the best use of Riviera direct points - on NYE you get faraway MK fireworks and up close EP fireworks. Spectacular. I had covid and slept through last time (tiny violin) but DH was on the balcony and said it was the most spectacular fireworks he'd ever seen anywhere.

Can't remember if that's the studio room number, but we had that view as well. It was amazing.

MVMCP from a VGF stsandard room. View attachment 737098
I think this is MK, not Epcot, NYE fireworks, from a Riviera standard view. Back in 2019 they set them off on Dec 30 and 31, 6:30pm and 11:30pm.
View attachment 737099
Our room in California was indeed a studio room.

I'm likely not the one to express an enlightened opinion because I'm happy sitting on a VGF balcony watching the monorail go by repeatedly.

Not that I'd be upset with a Castle view upgrade, of course, but the view hasn't that much impact in the overall magic of the place for me.

Always the Savannah view at AKL
We very much enjoyed the theme park view at BLT, but not necessarily for a long trip. We enjoyed the fireworks a couple nights, but since we're up super early for rope drop, we started going to bed before they even started.
BWV view...mixed views here. We own at BWV, and our first home stay we had boardwalk view....on he ground floor. We didn't like it at all. Always felt like people were walking RIGHT outside of our window. We also did a grand villa at BWV, and enjoyed people watching, Boardwalk activity watching, etc. every night, but it does stay very noisy until a little after 11. Since we wanted to get up early for rope dropping, the noise got a little annoying. But it is definitely fun to try BWV at least once.

As to not worth it views when spending a lot of extra points: BLT theme park view rooms below 7th floor -- a royal point rip-off as main view is of a parking lot and monorail track.
Completely again with this. Booked a cash stay at BLT theme park view (bucket list). Constant noise all night between the delivery trucks backing up and busses over at MK.the fireworks view was just ok. The higher fireworks look like they are over space mountain and are offset from the castle. And the studios are tiny.

Outlier here,,any OKW rooms looking over the golf course. Which is most. Especially the island green. Just calm and peaceful, but more important good enough to stop mid game and fill up with extra "pops" for the rest of the game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter