Most 'worth it' views

modavi

Earning My Ears
Hello! What do you all think the best resort view (the views that are most worth forking up the extra points for) when booking on DVC?

I'm going to assume that Savannah View at AKL is one of them. Any other views you're always willing to spend the extra points on?

On the flip side, which views have you paid extra for and figured it was NOT in fact worth the extra points?

I'm going to assume that Savannah View at AKL is one of them.

Got Standard View with a savanna view.

So I am not going to say if its worth it because honestly you can easily walk to a viewing area at AKV to see the animals you want to see where as you might be on a savanna with animals you care less about.

I will say though I live on a forest so seeing what amounts to deer or cows but an African version is not as exciting as zebras or giraffes.

Boardwalk View at BWV
Standard View at Rivera get you firework views (for lower points)

DVC honestly doesn't have much for views.

The new VGF is interesting but the TP View is really expensive and only studios.

POLY bungalow is nice but really expensive for a 2BR

Cabins really expensive

Savanna view at AKV every time. We love watching the animals. We sometimes debate saving the points with standard view, but I love taking my morning coffee on the balcony so it’s always worth it.

Aulani ocean view - provided you actually get a view of the ocean. Disney does not follow the standards of what “ocean view” means in the travel business and their ocean views are a mix of true and partial ocean view.

As for every time? We’ll, I’m not sure I’d do it every time, but it is worth at least one night doing a Theme Park view from BLT and enjoying the fireworks from your balcony.

Savanna view at AKV every time. We love watching the animals. We sometimes debate saving the points with standard view, but I love taking my morning coffee on the balcony so it’s always worth it.

Definitely agree with this. If I'm going to stay at AKL, it's worth it to get that view!

What I'm looking at isn't super important to me, but I'm willing to fork over extra points for a better shot at our room being ready early. I try to avoid booking categories with a limited # of rooms of that type. We stay at BWV a lot, and I will book pool/garden view at BWV every time since there are so many more of those than there are of Standard View.

I own at BWV and AKV.

The most "worth it" view at BWV is the Boardwalk view. I love to sit on my balcony and watch the Friendship boats do their little dance on the water. I also enjoy people watching on the boardwalk.

The most "worth it" view at AKV is Club Level. It's only a few points more but you get breakfast, snacks, apps (which we eat for dinner), beer, wine, dessert and liqueurs. The downside is that the view itself is poor, either the boring Sunset Savannah or a pool view.

I own at BWV and AKV.

The most "worth it" view at BWV is the Boardwalk view. I love to sit on my balcony and watch the Friendship boats do their little dance on the water. I also enjoy people watching on the boardwalk.

The most "worth it" view at AKV is Club Level. It's only a few points more but you get breakfast, snacks, apps (which we eat for dinner), beer, wine, dessert and liqueurs. The downside is that the view itself is poor, either the boring Sunset Savannah or a pool view.
Good point about club level. I’ve always wanted to try one but never have. Hopefully now that I own points at AKL I might be able to get lucky with a booking for a night or two one trip.

For me i think BLT theme park view is worth it (once) just to get that warm cozy magic feeling of watching the fireworks over the theme park at night.

Savannah view for sure. I loved our Lake view at the Poly. I did not think the extra cost for the preferred view at Riviera was worth it.

AKL savanna view is by far our favorite. But your point about Club Level being excellent at AKL is a good one - but not for the view, just for the snacks!

That's easy. Ocean View at Vero Beach. It's not that much more per night than a standard view.

About 4 point per night gets you this every morning:

View attachment 663420

And this every day:
That's easy. Ocean View at Vero Beach. It's not that much more per night than a standard view.

About 4 point per night gets you this every morning:

View attachment 663420

And this every day:

View attachment 663421
My family has a couple of Ocean view Inn rooms booked for the end of May to early June. I cannot wait to wake up to that view! It’s definitely worth the extra points. I really think that the Inn rooms at Vero Beach are a steal. They are roomy and you get a kitchenette, for very low points.😎👍🏻

Trash dumpster view at BRV, a great waste of points.
It’s not bad if you have the last studio. It’s dedicated, (no doorway for extra noise) and 12”+ wider than the other studios.
And it’s mostly laundry carts and trucks.

I consider BLT Lake View and BWV Pool & Garden view to be the premium I pay for non-home resort access. I don't find the views to be worth the extra cost, but the extra cost helps the rooms stay available at the 7-month mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter