Most used Disney voice?

Brians_myth

Earning My Ears
My wife and I were watching The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1977). It got me thinking of all the different characters Sterling Holloway voiced. I was shocked to find he was a narrator for multiple Mickey cartoons and even played Professor Holloway in Three Caballeros.

Is there another actor or actress who has provided more voice roles for Disney than Sterling Holloway?

I don’t know the stats, but Jim Cummings does a lot of Disney characters, including Darkwing Duck, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Ed (Lion King), Ray (Princess and the Frog), Hondo Ohnaka, and Pete.
Based on a quick IMDB scroll, Cummings was listed under 20 titles including some Star Wars branded titles. Holloway is at 19. Those are very impressive numbers!

If you include Pixar, John Ratzenberger has over 20 voice credits. I saw he has a part in the up coming movies Soul and Luca, as well.

Some other favorite repeat voice actors:
(not comprehensive lists but most noteable)

Bill Thompson - Mr Smee/White Rabbit/Dodo/Professor Owl/Ranger J Audubon Woodlore/Jock/policeman at the zoo/King Hubert/Uncle Waldo(not Disney but Droopy)

Verna Felton - The Elephant Matriarch/Mrs. Jumbo/Fairy Godmother/Queen of Hearts/Aunt Sarah/Flora/Queen Leah/Elephant(Jungle Book) - She also has live action credits I’m not familiar with.

As far as Disney Princesses Judy Kuhn and Lea Salonga are both up there along with Mandy Moore (Rapunzel) actually having voices in kids shows and Brother Bear 2. Disney doesn't seem to like reusing voices where they can be recognized as another iconic princess (lookin at you Snow White) so the fact that these ladies voice multiple roles is kinda impressive.

Alan Tudyk has been a regular in the Disney animated features starting with King Candy in Wreck it Ralph, followed by the Duke of Wesselton in Frozen (and Frozen II), Alistair Krei in Big Hero 6, Duke Weaselton in Zootopia, Hei Hei in Moana, and Knowsmore in Ralph 2, plus he voiced Iago in the live action Aladdin and K-2SO in Rogue One. He's becoming the Disney-side equivalent of John Ratzenberger's Pixar "good luck charm" presence.

Here in the Netherlands most of the animated movies are dubbed in Dutch. One actor is like the Godfather of dubbing here, doing voices since the 60s. Lumiere and Scar his most famous voices and apparently he is mostly recognized in the street and in shops for Scar :P

For Disney he has done: Rescuers (President of the society & Mr. Snoops), Jungle Book (Kaa, Akela and one of the vultures), Fox & Hound (Copper), Aristocats (Roquefort & additional voices), Robin Hood (Robin Hood, Nutsy and the mouse) , Ducktales (Director & additional), Oliver & Co (Einstein & additional), Little Mermaid (Chef Louis, and the seahorse), Prince and the Pauper (Narrator), Rescuers II (President & additional), Cinderella (Director & Jaq), Beauty and the Beast (Director & Lumiere), Aladdin (additional), Aladdin - Jafar's Revenge (Razoul), Lion King (Scar), Toy Story (Director & Sergeant), Darkwing Duck (Additional), Monsters & Co (Floormanager), Emperor's New Groove (Additional), Lilo & Stitch (additional), Treasure Planet (narrator), Home on the Range (Rico),
Also Prince of Egypt, Road to Eldorado, King and I.

He has an amazing voice and if I didn't know, I would been able to tell that they are all the same actor.

Here in the Netherlands most of the animated movies are dubbed in Dutch. One actor is like the Godfather of dubbing here.

He has an amazing voice and if I didn't know, I would been able to tell that they are all the same actor.
Is that the famous Dutch actor out of Holland, Toolep Wudenshews?

Sterling Holloway is also featured in Dumbo (stork sequence.) He also did voice work for Peter & The Wolf and is featured on many Disney story-telling albums for children. He was very talented.

Sterling Holloway was Cheshire Cat in the original Alice in Wonderland too! Not sure if someone already mentioned that

Didn't Sebastian Cabot do quite a bit of voice work?
I know he did Bagheera's voice and was the narrator for the original Winnie-the-Pooh shorts (as well as being in Johnny Tremain) but I'm not sure what he did other than that. Could always look on IMBD I suppose.

Yes, he was very talented. I wish he was still around.
Never got him for my Disney voice actor autograph collection, unfortunately. While I was waiting to meet Roberta Maxwell at an off-Broadway theater in Manhattan a few years ago, I noticed him on the second level balcony talking over some paperwork with a woman. Man, I wanted to approach him so badly, but I passed on the opportunity. Now he's gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts