mosquitoes and other bugs?

Lady Redwolf

Earning My Ears
We will arrive in 20 days (sooo excited!!!).:cool1:
Just wondering about the bugs at FW this time of year. should we pack the citronella?

they got us pretty good, last week, by the lakes! I seem to have a reaction to them, puff way up, so I KNOW when they are around (little buggers!!):hippie:

they got us pretty good, last week, by the lakes! I seem to have a reaction to them, puff way up, so I KNOW when they are around (little buggers!!):hippie:

Guess we just don't taste so good - just got back from 10 nights there - and, nary a bug, or fly did we see ;)

Know what you mean by reactions to certain insects and them being drawn to you. My dh reacts very badly to chiggers, and my sis attracts any flea within 10 feet :confused3 I can be standing next to her and her legs will get covered if they're around, and not a one on me. They bite her like crazy :eek:

I've not been bothered in cooler weather either. Also, there are no open flames at The Fort.

We were there from 11/25 - 12/2 and walked around the Fort a lot with the pups. No bugs for us either. Hope you have the same experience we did!

Usuallly when the cooler weather comes in they disappear. I haven't seen any more around our house since it got cooler.

Right now humidity is high and the temps are 80 plus so there may be bugs since it is not cool yet. With all the rain there will be standing water at the Fort.

Right now humidity is high and the temps are 80 plus so there may be bugs since it is not cool yet. With all the rain there will be standing water at the Fort.

Wow, :offtopic: Did they finally get rain? We just got home Friday after 10 nights there and they were *crying* for rain (the locals, not the tourists LOL) Nary a drop while we were there (well, actually about a 3min. shower one night ;)).

North of Mouse said:
Wow, :offtopic: Did they finally get rain? We just got home Friday after 10 nights there and they were *crying* for rain (the locals, not the tourists LOL) Nary a drop while we were there (well, actually about a 3min. shower one night ;)).

Well down here 2 hrs south of disney we have had some major storms. Tornados and even flood warnings. They are predicting cooler weather the week of christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter