More Vero Questions?

rsschneck

<font color="lime">DIS Party Bus Queen </font>
Okay, I made ressies for Mom and Dad September 19th through the 24th. Funny thing is they invited some dear friends to be THEIR guests. I booked an Ocean View Inn Room. I told Mom it is going to be VERY cozy sharing the room with another couple. They are all very excited about the little get away.

Everyone is in their early 60's. No mobility problems! In fact they have more get up and go than some 30 year olds I know. Non-smokers, but they do like their drinky-poo's.:crazy:

Anyway, what are some places, activities, restaurants, etc. that would be good to suggest. I think they all want to go see Cape Canaveral. What else?:confused: They will have a rental car.

I feel so blessed to be able to give my parents a 5 night stay at Vero. They are such wonderful people. I hope they have a great time. I am thinking about ordering a gift basket for their room. Has anyone used a good gift basket company?

I just love DVC!!! That makes a total of 4 vacations in 1 year. Those 400 points are coming in very handy!;)

The resort can put together a gift basket if you like. I'm sure they'll have a terrific time -- just be sure they realize it's like sharing a hotel room -- 1 bathroom, 2 queen beds.

I'm sure you'll get suggestions on things to do and I'll add more later.

We visit Vero every year but I can't really help you too much with activities. We just enjoy the resort and the time relaxing together. I think it's wonderful that you are able to give your parents a vacation! Vero is a great place and I am sure they will have a terrific time.

If they want to see the Cape, they should get there at opening. I got there after lunch and did not know that it closes very early. we just made it to the last tour bus. A stop off around Coco Beach might be nice on the way back from CC. The Black Pearl in VB is a very fancy Rest.

We usually like to relax around the resort but they also have a book at the desk of many different restaurants around the area with menus. It makes it easier to pick a restaurant. One of our favourites is Jack Baker's Seafood Shack. Also there is a plaza of quaint shops just a little ways down the road that we like to browse through.

The beach and pool at the resort are both great. Golf can be arranged and there are tennis courts in the area across the street from the resort (still part of Disney). There is also a small gym and sauna if that holds any interest.

As mentioned, a short way down A1A from the resort is a small shopping area of fairly exclusive shops. If you head down into Vero Beach itself, there is another very nice shopping area of small shops. The Ocean Grill restaurant is also located here right on the ocean. It is quite good and very popular with the local folk.

Out on State Road 60 is quite a bit of shopping. There is a mall and also a shopping center. A bit further up SR-60 and on the left-hand side is a big outlet center.

I haven't been, but Captain Hiram's is another place often mentioned . My guess is that might be a nice place to enjoy a cocktail along the river before dinner. The Green Cabin room right at the resort is another nice place for an evening drink.

Vero Beach itself is an interesting place to drive down A1A exploring.

There is also a theater in Vero that has various performances -- possibly something of interest might be happening when they'll be in town. Dodgertown is also located in Vero but I'm not sure what if anything is happening there in the off-season.

Another place I've heard about but haven't been is a botanical garden in Vero. They've recently restored it and it might be worth a visit. McKee Botanical

Originally posted by PamOKW
... Dodgertown is also located in Vero but I'm not sure what if anything is happening there in the off-season.
Of course, the VB Dodgers play minor league ball as part of the Florida State League. More information at their web site . Their season ends in early September, so the dates of the trip discussed here are too late, but some other VB visitors might want to take in some minor league baseball. General admission tickets are $5/$4 for adults/children.

Ralph

Harbor Branch Oceanographic has excellent tours. We did ours through VB's activity program, but the institute is opened to the public and sells the tours on site. They do fish farming research and take you behind the scenes of that operation. There's a boatride from the institute along the Indian River Lagoon, where we saw lots of dolphins. We also saw a few manatees right in the harbor area of the site.

Here's the web site:

http://www.hboi.edu/index_04.html

Bobbi:D

Some great ideas! I thought I would bump this one time and see if there are any other ideas.

Seems like a few folks have recently returned from Vero and might have some good ideas on things to do!

Thanks for all the replies so far!:chat:

We sent my parents to Vero for their 45th anniversary a few years ago. My Uncles wanted to chip in, also.

We had the resort (I think you arranged it thru Disney Dining) to place a basket in their room - it was FULL of stuff, wine, cheese, fruit, etc.

I also ordered gift certificates from Captain Hiram's and the Patio Restaurant ahead of time, as well as purchased some Disney Dollars. I put them all in a card and sent it to the resort ahead of their arrival with instructions to give it to them as they checked in.

Everything worked flawlessly, and they had a great time!

You can call the resort directly and ask for in-room dining.

They can arrange a gift basket for you. They have several options from fruit baskets to tuxedo strawberries in a chocolate sea shell. I'm sure they can put together just about anything you desire.

:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter